Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast

Re: Scorn's Workshop

Very nice! Lucky you have access to a 3D printer!

Thanks! I actually had them printed through an online service, since I don't have access to a resin printer at home. 3DHubs and Shapeways both will get your parts printed for not toooo much, depending on the part

Jeez, has it been a month since I updated? oy. In any case, my force of Anaheim's Exalted continues to grow in lunacy. I'm at about 1000 points now :P Lots of shading and highlighting left to do...

(pictured here: Front row: Lt. Amada, Cpt. Alex, Cpt. Mackenzie, Lt. Ray. Mid Row: Sgt. Sanders, Sgt. Joshua. Back row: Sgt. Allen, Sgt. Hoshino. Not yet pictured due to incomplete base painting: Sgt. Ninorich, Sgt. Sahalin)

In the meantime, getting back into the FA Gundam conversion feels daunting. So I'm building up a ZAFT ground force army. Specifically, Waltfeld's battalion

They're cheap at $4/each, which is good since I need like 9 of them! The detail is still really nice, just a lot of paint work ahead...

Spehs mahreens!

In their metal bawxes!! lol

It was a random idea that was kicking around in my head for a while, and it finally wouldn't leave me alone until I tried it :P

- - - Updated - - -

Progress is slow and rarely pretty :P Batch painting helps though.

Also working on some buildings. One was a kit, one was a... semi-successful 3D print.

More BuCue pack progress. Yellow details on the feet. Or... should I say... a PAW-dicure?? I'll show myself out...

I did start noticing some seam lines after I painted, unfortunately, so there'll be some putty work before too much longer.

Some days its the robots, some days its the structures. Gotta get them painted before game day!

Super Moderator

Damn that's alot of filament in that building! I need to start using my 3d printer more lol

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Yeah, I printed at about 15%infill to keep down the weight and cost, but the multi - level building was maybe a quarter of a roll, the squat square one half of that, and the barriers were hardly any. If I can figure out the right way to make a building that'll print in vase mode, it'll be a lot less. Still, that's about $10 in filament for those two and a handful of barriers compared to the cement factory that was like $20.

I ran into lifting of the corners on some of these like nobody's business, tho, but that's just me being n00bish with the printer. All the models are on thingiverse too

- - - Updated - - -

The buildings from eBay came in and I am a fan! They're designed in the vein of somewhere between Walthers plain plastic kits and Kato/Tomytec pre-painted kits. They're from Outland Models, and were pretty cheap - $8 for the plain plastic one to about $14 for the Police building and the ones with pre-installed window plastic. Mostly snap together, the decorative bits need glued on (and I glued the assembly anyways). Still not sure if it's cheaper than 3D printing them, but at that price for those big models, it's pretty dang close. They're apparently made by milling sheet styrene, and then painting some of them. I had to scrape the paint off the sides of the painted ones for my plastic cement to work, but they're pretty great little kits. They'll certainly fill the gaming table satisfyingly.

N Scale can vary by company - Outland claims theirs is anywhere from 1:160 to 1:150 depending on the listing LOL

Still, it's close enough for me! Zaku, Type 61 tanks, and car for scale. Just need to start making roads now...

From left:
    Outland Models Railway Colored Modern City Business Building Tall Office N Scale
    Outland Models Railway Colored Modern City Building Tall Shopping Mall N Scale
    Walthers Medusa Cement Company (N Scale)
    Tomytec Japanese Hot Spring Hotel C
    Outland Models Railway Police Department Headquarter / Station Building N Scale
    Dropzone Commander (N-scale) customizable building (thing:796939)
    Epic/Battletech Scale Modular Skyscrapers (thing:2316660, printed at 2x scale)
    Tomytec Old-Style Row Shop A2
    Outland Models Railway Modern Building Dormitory / School Grey N Scale

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

I like the look of it. I don't really see TO much of a scale difference with the buildings. Ya the windows and doors are slightly off, but get over it. Close enough for Government work is what I say. But the Keys to the city are a bit out of scale, just an FYI might want to make those a bit smaller.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

What, you've never seen the key to the Fortress of Solitude?? :P yeah, I'm totally happy with the scaling, it certainly doesn't bother me. Plus, while many buildings have common floor heights, they can vary even in the same city. I'm just glad they're so cheap! I may get some more Tomytec stuff just to have more than just flat boxes, though.

Back from vacation, back to work! A Facebook group was having a contest for "in air poses without a base." So I grabbed a few things I had to hand and snapped a shot.

Captioned: In peacetime, a test type unit is pressed into patrolling a densely populated industrial zone.

Also, back to playing with cars haven't touched the paint on the car except a mild highlight, but I think my power cables need to get lighter and/or brighter.

The other modeling I do is digital. I've been working on a Guntank Mass Production Type, and the first one is in 1:400. I managed to tweak the Mass Production Guntank to the point where it'll print in the cheaper nylon as well as the Fine Detail resin from Shapeways. It's much more of an involved kit than my other creations, so I'm working on an assembly manual to make sure the arms go on the correct sides and show the different poses you can assemble it into. The goal is to make an HGUC Guntank conversion set eventually.

On Shapeways

Wow, that's impressive stuff, Scorn. You do great work.
    Pro tip for fixing seam lines: It rubs the puddy on its seam or else it gets the hose again.

Thanks!

Recently, a friend offerred to make a scaled up print of my Mass Production Guntank! There are a lot of artifacts that I need to fix on it, so I'm glad he could help. Still, no sense in not building this one.....

I've almost got an army! And by almost, I mean a very small one lol

I've done a few Zaku bits as well

But more excitingly, I've actually gotten a few games in! Very exciting for me, at least. (this is more or less representative of my 2 games so far lol)