Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Scorn's Workshop

Oh. So I guess that was some sort of Engrish translation, then? Haha

I thought it sounded cool, though...referring to the BWS as a "fringe" unit, I mean.

Ah OK - I've only seen the CCA dub, that's pretty amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by mythos-018 View Post
    Oh. So I guess that was some sort of Engrish translation, then? Haha

I thought it sounded cool, though...referring to the BWS as a "fringe" unit, I mean.
    Okay so I watched the movie (which I have on DVD), and in the subtitles Kayra did say that they got her "fringe". However, taking this into context, a better translation would have been, "It's just a scratch."
    Last edited by Zeta; June 28, 2016 at 9:57 PM. Reason: typo
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Been slow recently, but starting to try to organize this build. I feel like I've just been flitting from one thing to another without getting a lot actually done. So, I'm breaking it down. It feels a little less overwhelming this way.

Obviously there's a lot of parts that need more structural work, seam filling, etc. There are a few that don't need as much, though, which is encouraging. I'll start attacking it in sections.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Doing MODs is like restoring a car. Fix this just to see that part then that part and on and on. It just never seems to end until all of a sudden Bam you're all done. Your MODs look great, very 'out of the box' work here.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://wordpress.com/post/gundammon...rdpress.com/26

Thanks!

I've moved into the goopy stage....

Im really liking this ones aesthetic so far. I kinda want to make a heavily customized suit too.

Thanks!

You totally should! I'd suggest having some poster tack or sticky tack or whatever on hand to do physical "rough drafts" with - much easier to change and reposition than with glue :P

- - - Updated - - -

Putty. Sand. Putty. Sand. Putty. Sand. Putty. Sand.

- - - Updated - - -

Separated parts tonight.

Definitely needs more work:

Ready to prime (and probably needs more work):

Deciding whether to redo with actual paint or just clear coat:

- - - Updated - - -

Just one of those nights, I guess. Managed to largely disassemble these arms that I built... oh, 15 years ago now?

There were a few casualties, though. There are supposed to be 4 white caps (the one was missing when I dug the arms out in the first place), and the small grey piece snapped at the head. I've glued it for now, we'll see if it stays intact.

- - - Updated - - -

Primed and ready! Well, 95% primed and maybe 65% ready lol. I need to wait on some parts until I finish the partS they trap, and others clearly need more work. Still, it's really nice to have a clear picture of what the parts look like without the color tricking the eye. Also good for finding where my putty work needs work...

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'll riff off of this and give him a big beat stick. Or a lance. This is just making me think large melee weapon

(for reference)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ScornMandark; July 7, 2016 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScornMandark View Post
    Hmmm. Dual wielding SMGs and gatling gu...OMG that is freakin amazing! That definitely falls into my equipment preference. I really like what you did there. Great work!

Thanks! I'm working on getting the base finished so it can be a nice modular playground for fun load outs

Speaking of which: Primer, round 1!

Clearly have some work to do lol. Asides from the usual "need to smooth this out, need to fill that gap," it's looking pretty ok. I was wondering how to smooth out the area on the sides of the chest, but with the primer it almost looks like a vent. So with a little more work, that's what it'll turn into. Maybe an intake instead of vent. We'll see.

I also narrowly avoided filing the hole in the Gatling gun bodies where the ammo chain connects. Little details...

So next is more sanding, putty, etc before the second round of priming. Some parts are ok as is, which is nice. A very few parts, of course.

Threadnomancy! I've taken a break on the big projects for a bit and started some smaller scale stuff. And by smaller scale, I mean much smaller.

These are 1/3000, designed for a Star Wars Armada mod I've been working on.

They paint up pretty nice, I think.

But this scale means I don't need to get too OCD about stuff.

Also, mobile suits! These are 1/1000 scale, in line with Armada's sliding scale.

Core Boosters and GM's for the Feds so far.

Doms and Zakus for the Zeon so far. Mostly...

Even at this small scale, more detail was kept than I expected. 18 mm (~3/4") tall MS are a lot smaller than I'm used to painting lol

Just found this thread, good work!

I'm glad to see it's not just me that the putty looks like it's a lot of it on some parts lol I thought I had over used, but after sanding it off it came out alright.

Thanks! I know there are some builders who can use a very modest amount of putty and have it fill all the gaps the first time. I'm not one of them - if I don't slather it on, I'm just going to have to go back later lol

Quote Originally Posted by ScornMandark View Post
    Thanks! I know there are some builders who can use a very modest amount of putty and have it fill all the gaps the first time. I'm not one of them - if I don't slather it on, I'm just going to have to go back later lol
    I used what I thought was a drop and it was like a river apparently lol The guy I showed was horrified. It sanded off ok though

Yeah I think people's definition of "enough" can vary widely lol

Progress on other models continues! I started this one on vacation, so I had some paints but no airbrush. I figured it'd be a good test bed to try some heavy weathering. With that in mind, it's mostly bare kit plastic except the yellows and other detail bits. Then some silver dry brushing and a liberal application of a black wash. I need to do the lower leg wash, and the feet and backpack thrusters haven't been hit yet, but I'm really enjoying it. Plus it's good practice!

Last edited by ScornMandark; October 18, 2016 at 4:06 PM. Reason: typo