Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Scorn's Workshop

That's what I'm hoping - as long as it gets me sort of close I can tweak it from there. Given my paper craft makes so far, that's probably the best I can hope for hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Progress on the papercraft - plastic conversion:

It's not too bad so far - I definitely needed to separate each face, and the order of assembly is much more important. I needed to pick sides that were right angles so I could use a square to align them, then I can use the assembled sides as guides for he next faces. Internal assemblies will probably get the border pieces attached to them directly before getting glued in, etc. Still, so far so good!

- - - Updated - - -

Making a box. Haven't screwed it up too badly yet...

lookin good man. ive got my fingers crossed for you. lol. you could use some styrene L channel to make your joints stronger. and it looks like the sheet your printed out not only gives you a guide in construction but also a guide where panel lines go. you are really onto something here man.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

The panel lines were printed onto the papercraft parts themselves, if faintly, which helps for sure. I'm currently using the reinforcing method of "a butt load of CA glue on the inside joints like a weld bead" - it seems to be holding up ok, but there will be some joints I won't be able to do they much reinforcing to that I may take that idea for.

- - - Updated - - -

More progress on the thruster block and some experimenting with the head.

I don't want to go with the usual V crest, and I feel like the face could benefit from a layer of extra protection/aerodynamic fairing. I'm playing around with parts and tape to get a feel for what I'll like and what I won't. I'm not sure which of these I like better, TBH. Thoughts?

More box parts. The plastic I'm using is only 1 mm thick, but I'll need to at least bevel some edges to make everything fit properly. Once I've got everything attached, I'll probably start carving in some panel lines then scrape off the paper.

very nice boxes. and i have to say i prefer blue part on forehead. although if it were a bit smaller i think it would work over face.

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

Yeah, I'm liking the part on the forehead better, too. I think I've got an idea for the face, just gotta find the right part to base it on.

I'd like the plate on the forehead if it was a little wider

Hm, to match up with the panel line on the side? Do you mean wider in the flat center or wider angle on the sides?

Take a look at the Jesta Cannon as a reference if you need one. I think it would help you flesh out your idea.
    "Pssssssst...Hey you...yeah you...No, THE OTHER you, yeah, YOU, see that person sitting next to you...yeah, that one right there, light them on fire."

"Cover me, I'm going stupid."

"I've seen Hockey games where boxing breaks out, I want to go to a boxing match and watch Hockey break out."

"My Gunpla work style is best described as the Hold my Beer and Watch This method."

Here's an update on the box - it's starting to get complicated

I'm definitely making my own assembly order, since the connections are slightly different. EDIT - it looks sloppier than it actually is due to my hacking at the paper to get a good glue joint. Not that it's pristine, but it's not actually that bad.

As for the face, I think I've got a new idea:

The Jesta made me think of it, and I've got a pile of bits I keep meaning to use. They're currently tacked in with liquid mask, but I think the idea is getting there.

I think it's safe to say that this is probably a post OYW test type, maybe in the 0084-0085 range.

Hey, make it however you want, as long as you are happy with the end result. As for the box being complicated, naaaaa... it's a learning experience.
    "Pssssssst...Hey you...yeah you...No, THE OTHER you, yeah, YOU, see that person sitting next to you...yeah, that one right there, light them on fire."

"Cover me, I'm going stupid."

"I've seen Hockey games where boxing breaks out, I want to go to a boxing match and watch Hockey break out."

"My Gunpla work style is best described as the Hold my Beer and Watch This method."

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

so far your mods are really really cool. Great ideas for your build. I like the paper folding turned into plate really thinking this one all the way through.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://wordpress.com/post/gundammon...rdpress.com/26

I read about someone who made this parachute pack in styrene. I couldn't figure out how to do it free hand so this seemed like a reasonable step lol

I just wish I liked the way that face plate looked better. I think it's not exactly what I want, I may need to just scratch a new one.

Looking very good, the head mods look great.

Thanks! I'm really trying to make it interesting.

Speaking of which....

I think this is getting closer. I'll need to thin it out so it's not quite so prominent, but it's closer to what I was seeing in my head.

oh man the new face looks awesome. great work so far man.

Zaku on kova luu.