Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Scorn's Workshop

That's sort of what I'd been thinking too - I played around with a whole boat load of guns, including some really long gatlings and a chainsaw before I settled on those. I'm still futzing with the head and chest to get the feel I want.

- - - Updated - - -

My son painted this one; I'd let him start his own thread but he's only 2, and his spelling is pretty rough still :P

His paints are washable, so we'll play with it in the pool and he can do it again. It's a lot like his other paintings, just harder to hang on the fridge.

In other news, I think I've got a new chest facia in mind for the HALIEX, just need to do some carving to make it fit. I'm sort of stuck on the face and head, though. I want something instead of the V crest, I'm not sure what.

Quote Originally Posted by ScornMandark View Post

- - - Updated - - -

My son painted this one; I'd let him start his own thread but he's only 2, and his spelling is pretty rough still :P

His paints are washable, so we'll play with it in the pool and he can do it again. It's a lot like his other paintings, just harder to hang on the fridge.

In other news, I think I've got a new chest facia in mind for the HALIEX, just need to do some carving to make it fit. I'm sort of stuck on the face and head, though. I want something instead of the V crest, I'm not sure what.

And here I was thinking Zaku got a hold of it since it's a Feddie...
    "Pssssssst...Hey you...yeah you...No, THE OTHER you, yeah, YOU, see that person sitting next to you...yeah, that one right there, light them on fire."

"Cover me, I'm going stupid."

"I've seen Hockey games where boxing breaks out, I want to go to a boxing match and watch Hockey break out."

"My Gunpla work style is best described as the Hold my Beer and Watch This method."

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

I'm liking the tie dye effect that your son did. Good job teaching him the finer things in life right from the start!

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://wordpress.com/post/gundammon...rdpress.com/26

ITS ART! Sell it for billions! Title it "desecration of the federation" SIEG ZEON!

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

-bonks Zaku on the head with her shotgun.- Be nice to the Feds. Honestly, I do like the tie dye look your son gave the GM. It's different, in a good way.
    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

No.

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

"Now, let's not bicker and argue over who oppressed and/or dropped colonies on who, this is supposed to be a happy occasion!" - with apologies to Monty Python...

He had a great time painting it, and we can play on his water table with it too - it'll wash right off (yay Crayola paints) and he can do it again lol

I think I sorted out the chest bits that were bugging me, still not sure where to build up the parachute pack. It was a full on pack on 08th ms team, with rocket assist braking. Since I've already got a heavy thruster, I'll probably just stick with a pile of canvas.

WEEE ARE THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NII!!

and im thinking you could build a compartment for the parachute in between where the blue parts are that used to be the Ex-s gundam's shoulders. if you can pop that whaite part in the middle out you could build at compartment there and have the lines run from the compartment to the brackets on the shoulder armor.

Zaku on kova luu.

That's not a bad idea - I'd been thinking of turning that white part into another thruster, and maybe stacking the parachute on top where that post hole is. Packing it into that compartment could streamline it a lot.

I think I'm going to try to make the parachutes along the lines of these packed ones:
    Last edited by ScornMandark; May 26, 2016 at 12:41 AM. Reason: clarification

im not sure what material you could use for the parachute but maybe tissue paper or anything really light like that to look scale. also you should go google how parachutes are packed. it would give you ideas and if you did it in a realistic way it would be just that much better all around.

Zaku on kova luu.

He could possibly use gauze, that might work, or even use that for the canvas packs.
    "Pssssssst...Hey you...yeah you...No, THE OTHER you, yeah, YOU, see that person sitting next to you...yeah, that one right there, light them on fire."

"Cover me, I'm going stupid."

"I've seen Hockey games where boxing breaks out, I want to go to a boxing match and watch Hockey break out."

"My Gunpla work style is best described as the Hold my Beer and Watch This method."

I've been watching a lot of The Terrain Tutor on YouTube and he actually recommends baby wipes - they're actually cloth, and he soaks them in a watered down Elmer's glue (pva glue). It ends up looking like a really great cloth that can be painted pretty easily, and he's used them for tents, 'chutes and curtains. I've been looking for a project to try it on, and this sounds like it. We've got a buggerton of wipes still, and the Costco Kirkland brand ones don't have any embossed designs on them. (He mentions some Orc curtains he made that ended up with embossed teddy bears cause he didn't notice at first :P )

very cool. that ill have to look into myself for some projects. i look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Zaku on kova luu.

Well now that's cool: http://www.papercraftsquare.com/para...-download.html

Wish I'd seen that before I tore apart the equipment rack on the back for parts :P I may still use the rocket brake design from the pack, although the chutes themselves will be packed a little tighter, I think, unless I have them strapped to the shoulders.

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm kind of stuck. Preface - most of the MG kits I'm working on are pretty old, snapped kits that aren't in the best shape. I apparently lost the left chest plate (the one with the multi launcher) at some point, and I knew I needed to replace it.

Problem is I'm stuck on what to do with it. I've got a pretty decent pile of parts to work with, but nothing is really catching my attention. I want it to be at least moderately fitting, but I'm thinking at this point I'm almost stuck free handing it in plate and putty. Any suggestions? I'm not averse to reshaping the torso pretty extensively, but I only want to do it once :P

- - - Updated - - -

OK I think I've sorted the torso mods, and I'm feeling the pack design coalesce. I'm going to us the rocket portion of the parachute pack above and fold my own chutes to arrange on top.

I needed to resize the image (66.67%) to get the ruler at the bottom to print the right actual size, then glued it to a styrene scrap I had. I'll cut it out, score the back of the styrene in a V shape and it should come out reasonably close.

I'm only building the bottom rockets, I'm still working on the chute packing.

that is a great idea man. the paper craft gives you like a pattern you can use to make it out of plaplate. i really hope it works out for ya man. cause if it does im going to have to try it lol

Zaku on kova luu.