Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Uncalledfore's WIP

So My old thread was kind of getting flooded.. it was originally supposed to be dedicated to Epyon but that kind of went out of the window when i started to buy more So i figured i'd start a new thread. **If a mod wants to combine the 2 that's fine, but i'll be posting all of my work here.

So I bought my MG Epyon EW, but i felt like the color scheme was just off.. i remembered it being much darker in the show. So i decided to make the red a differrent shade and add some metallic and then make all the Navy blue into flat black (plus some)

At this point I had run out of my primer... So this is where I kind of let it sit for a while. I Had bought a 1/100 Form 1 Barbatos and had some plans for it. So i ordered some primer for both. thinking that the Epyon primer would get here first..

It didn't so epyon just sat in it's box, I did some seem line fixes and that was about it until my primer came... But then I realized that I hadn't done a snap build for it.. So i put it together. (you can see some of the work I did on the legs, plus the color differences)

Tho I did go ahead today and primed the wing parts, since it was so nice.. I will start painting tomorrow hopefully.

Also between waiting for my paint coats to dry, All of my stuff is currently hand painted, I snapped together these two:

The SD winning is a much more muted yellow than it looks.. But i havent touched it.

The barbatos though REALLY got my attention. I loved just the snap build... It was detailed and honestly a lot of fun. So after my Primer for him came in first I got to work. I decided that I was going to do something a little different. I was going to paint the frame white, and the armor black, leaving any of the red or yellow alone. I also decided that i was going to do some detail painting and paint the hoses and such.

Made a boo boo and put a coat of black on one side.. oops

I put some finishing coats of resin sealer on and put it together.. it looks much more shiney in person

So While all this is going on... I made the mistake of going to HobbyTownUSA this weekend... I wanted to check it out and see what it looked like... I ended up buying a 1/100 Kimaris with booster pack. My wife liked it and wanted me to do something brighter, so she picked out a metallic silver, Light Green (almost neon) and a purple... I went with Tamiya spray paint this time, going to try and change it up a little. But I spent the last few days doing a snap fit. I will still be painting the detail work such as the hoses and joints by hand... It was a great build though... Makes me want the other 1/100 IBO suits

I will say .. I had ONE problem with this build... besides that i now know to never buy cheap X-acto knifes (i went through 2 blades because my last one dulled so fast), but the booster pack is so big and heavy that with it on the suit wanted to lean back and fall over.. I had to use the Lance as a counter balance in this picture to even get it to stay upright.... also ignore the gouge on the lance handle.. wont lie it was either that or my finger.. someone knocked something over and i got a little startled haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Also my wife talked me out of both a Zaku and the Gusion Rebake for this Kimaris... lol... I was going to get the Gusion because it looked like it was 2 for 1... it was just 2 sets of armor but only 1 frame.. so i put it back... I will still end up getting a Zaku soon tho.

So I finally got everything, as far as the body, painted and assembled. All that's left is to paint the weapons and decide if I want to put the decals on and finally panel line where needed

Re: Uncalledfore's WIP

So After a long wait, Epyon is finally done!

The decals gave me some fits.. I think next time I will apply them after paint but before assembly.. at least the dry transfers.. they were supposed to go on in some really awkward places... it ended up looking more like a damaged look tho.

This isnt 100% the presentation it's going to stay in, but it's close.. i need to get some sticky tack to hold the wings up because for some reason they wont stay.

Learned a lot from this one.. pretty proud of it for my first finished piece.

So just a little update, I haven't made much time for my gundams as of late.. I really wanted to order some parts to customize barbatos... So I did.. Today i ordered a couple MSG items and some finishing items. I also ordered an SD Astray just because i like to have something to build while i do school work..

Hopefully the shipping at GundamPlanet isnt to bad!

- - - Updated - - -

Got my parts today! Yay! So for a while before and during those gundam guys I built the gatling gun and moded the peg so that I could mount it. I also cleaned up some seems and started the other item I got. I'll post pics tomorrow as it was a long day at work and I'm tired haha

- - - Updated - - -

So I was able to do a snap fit of my first MSG item. It is going to go on Barbatos's back so in order to do this i had to modify the peg. I decided that i was not going to use the cannon that came with barbatos so i used the peg and glued one of the smaller pegs to it. I will do another build up of glue later once it really sets up... if anyone has any recommendations as to how to keep these to hold really well i'm all ears

I then started cleaning up the seam lines and fixed some places where the knife got away from me, I also cleaned up the sword a little bit more, that will still be used.

Today I also finished putting together the last MSG weapon i bought. It's a very rough build as i am still trying to decide how i'm going to attach it. It came with some connectors that will work well, but i gotta figure out how im even going to do those and if i'll need some pla plate or note

So just an update, Spent the last couple of days finishing up the inner frame. I have the head and other leg to finish and i'll be done before i start Panel lining the inner frame. I'm not at home so no pictures right now. My time has been limited up until now because of school, but i'm done for a couple weeks so i hope to finish this build up soon!

Looking good - I've never had success with the dry transfer decals, like ever. For pegs, I'd love to hear advice too, since my attempts never last long lol. Is that a shield booster in your last pic? I can't tell what it is.

Nah, That's an MSG part the Binder:

http://www.gundamplanet.com/msg-heav...ed-binder.html

- - - Updated - - -

But what i've come up with is that Im going to drill a small hole in the armor piece for the arm so that it connects that way. I will do it on both of the outside pieces so that it can go on either arm. you can see on the main picture or in one of them it has almost like a chain connector, those are all able to be disconnected. I'm going to use 1 or 2 of those to connect to the arm. that will allow for it be variable. I wont lie, I love the MSG parts, even if I do have to mod stuff a bit to get them to fit.

Also with doing the drill on both arms It allows for me to fit another piece of the Gatling Gun I bought onto that.. Might just call this Heavy Arms Barbatos haha

- - - Updated - - -

So today I've learned 2 things.. 1 is that hand painting is for details only... 2 is that spray cans are where it's at if you dont have the ability to use an airbrush... After Barbatos all of my kits will be spray canned with hand painted details.

Ah gotcha - it looked a lot like the Zeta's wing binders from the back, but that's pretty slick.

I've had pretty decent success with spray cans, once I figured out how to not flood the parts. There were many sad, drippy armor parts... :P

So the upper torso of the frame is completed with the exception of a gloss coat and then some weathering/panel lining. The final parts are being painted and put together now for the last leg (pun intended) of the frame. once they are done the inner frame will be completely assembled and I'll start on the armor.

I'm doing some custom work on the armor so that will take me a little bit to get done. I also had to wait for my primer to get in (should be here tomorrow) along with my flat coat.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Head is actually painted now as well. I kept the face black which i like. it adds some contrast.. but it does kinda look like he is wearing a helmet lol.

- - - Updated - - -

So i Need everyones opinion.. I really cant decide what i like more... Spikes or no spikes? this is going to be a highly capable barbatos with extra armaments...

So due to school and work and home life I had to take a break for a while. Barbatos is pretty much exactly as it is here so nothing really new, but I might finish it soon.

I actually had went to my local hobby store with my wife to try and see if they had a newer version of Barbatos and I was going to restart and spray instead of hand painting all the large pieces.. While I was there though my wife convinced me that I should build this...

http://www.gundamplanet.com/mg-ms-06...lt-ver-ka.html

No real pictures yet as my in laws would throw a fit if I brought the box inside lol.. but it's sitting in my car now.. all pretty.. waiting for me to start snap fitting.

my wife also bought me this a few months ago as a surprise:

http://www.gundamplanet.com/figureri...space-pod.html

I might build that soon as well.

I bought some pin files last night to try and see how i liked those for cleaning up nubs so i started snapping my SD Red Astray before playing some TC Division .. I think i like them better than sand paper lol

So i kept staring at Barbatos just sitting there and decided I HAD to keep working on it, so since my last post I have spent most of my time priming the last few pieces and painting. Last night I was able to put a sealing coat of varnish on the parts and I started to put it together today.

I also masked up the shoulders for a final spray before detailing it and sprayed it early this morning. Well... when I took the tape off today some of the paint tore off with it I had heart tamiya masking tape did that some times but luckily it wasn't anything too hard to fix.

So I fixed this, detailed the shoulders and put a coat of sealing varnish on. I also went ahead and started putting everything else together

Legs:

Here is kind of a sample of what's to come. I still have to finish up the shoulders and finish up the weapons. Right now that is just the shield part, there are some other parts to it that are not put together.

So after months of it sitting there staring at me.. half finished.. half not.. I finally decided to snap together the rest of my psycho zaku.. I didn't take any pictures but I then disassembled it and started painting. .. I thought I was going for an outrageous paint scheme but after painting and assembling the first leg I've found that .. well its really just a normal zaku with a few twists.. lol.. I'll upload images tomorrow as it won't let me from my phone

- - - Updated - - -

20180730_185116_zpsbopr7ss5.jpg

So I decided to assemble the kit mostly, I still need to do some detail painting and then do a clear coat and decals/panel lining. I also haven't worked on the hands yet since I don't know 100% what I am going to do.. since I am going for a "Newly manufactured" look I might just use the closed hands.

So I still have to clear coat it and then do the panel lining and decals but the back pack and thrusters for the Psycho Zaku are done.
    Ypp9Dq1.jpgIwlILcG.jpgq30FaBM.jpgmlHlnbc.jpg

I also decided last week while I was watching some anime that I wanted to do a quick snap together of my SD Astray since I had my Turn Red coming... It was really quick so I ended up snapping together my SD Exia as well.. I will now have an MG Astray and a SD Astray, a SD Exia and a MG Exia (Coming soon), and a SD Barbatos and 1/100 Barbatos (I have the normal and Lupus). I also bought a Haropla and did a quick snap together of it. I am going to paint it and kit bash it with another

Dsmk0HO.jpg

e9Dd4V2.jpgpqenZwj.jpg

Had to seperate the post due to file limits..

I also got my Turn red this weekend and couldn't hold back snapping it together. I really enjoyed this kit, right now the only things i have left to put together are the rifle and the base that comes with it. He will sit on the shelf for a while though while I finish my Zaku. I have all the weapons ready for paint, just have to get around to doing it.
    s1AfFGD.jpg0kpRXhZ.jpg