Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xeiond's W.I.P

Xeiond's W.I.P

I saw quite the selection of builders posting work so I reckon I should try it out for myself! Like many others I have tried a few different things in Gunpla but I still have a lot to try out. Any tip's or advice are appreciated, so thank you in advanced. I have done a bit of weathering mostly with pigment's, I have painted with spray paints, detailing with gundam markers and now trying my luck with enamel paints for hand painting. But today I am going to post a project that I have been working on for awhile, that is still not quite done.

Kit's Used:

Hg Astray Red Frame [Flight Unit]: Suit Only
    Hg Strike Freedom: Backpack and Wings
    Hg Cherudium GNHW/R: Pistol x 2
    Kunai Weapon: Gunblade x 2/ Mounting Arms x 2
    Spare left over parts from other kits

11410500-CBEE-40C9-B093-680E3D036BB3_zps5wqtxcay.jpg
    1D124415-A2CA-4FEE-88F6-E141B65A37D1_zpsmxo15fti.jpgFD954110-6BE6-4E0E-A577-49AD7CCD9649_zpsroyj2ydk.jpgFC82BF2E-AE78-4816-89EF-8EB274A18DAE_zpsm3z2mjlj.jpg51F7A931-F2A1-4CAC-B2F2-AF03A9DB962C_zpsugw72zfk.jpg

Re: Xeiond's W.I.P

/QUOTE]
    FC82BF2E-AE78-4816-89EF-8EB274A18DAE_zpsm3z2mjlj.jpg
    /QUOTE]

This part, I was actually going to do this with a kitbash, though decided to go another route instead. What did you do for the peg and how stable is mounted to the back of the frame?
    "Pssssssst...Hey you...yeah you...No, THE OTHER you, yeah, YOU, see that person sitting next to you...yeah, that one right there, light them on fire."

"Cover me, I'm going stupid."

"I've seen Hockey games where boxing breaks out, I want to go to a boxing match and watch Hockey break out."

"My Gunpla work style is best described as the Hold my Beer and Watch This method."

Ah well I got the peg connector piece from the Battle Arm's set now that I recall, drilled the inside until I was happy with the fit and used gel glue to secure it. As for stability, while not perfect it is flush against the back and does allow the wings to pose decently. The only drawback is that I can spin the pack somewhat. I wanted to keep the idea of Astray being to swap out pack's with ease.

Here is a shot with the wings spread out and angled downwards with no sign of falling yet.

1D6FA6D2-822C-4DB5-A38D-DF63D0DE9550_zpsfcvh9fzz.jpgC995714D-AA7C-46C0-9484-6F71DA976F75_zpspkirvdqn.jpg

I hope that helps!

Okay, I have the powered arms set and it has an adapter piece it for things, but it seems too short and small in diameter to hold the pack in place.
    "Pssssssst...Hey you...yeah you...No, THE OTHER you, yeah, YOU, see that person sitting next to you...yeah, that one right there, light them on fire."

"I've seen Hockey games where boxing breaks out, I want to go to a boxing match and watch Hockey break out."

"My Gunpla work style is best described as the Hold my Beer and Watch This method."

Hmm I pulled up the Powered Arms manual but did see anything similar to what I speak of so I copied a image of the page of the battle arms manual to show you the piece on mine.

Bottom right of the image part number is A1-6

10255355z2.jpg

You are right and I stand corrected, it was a piece from the EZ arms kit, not the Powered arms set.

Oh I simply thought you were hoping to have a similar piece in your set.

A current project, love the design of the graze, just wanted to give it a little of my touch.

Last edited by Xeiond; June 6, 2016 at 1:36 PM.

Fitting. lol

Now for a good color scheme!

Here is my Astray Custom's current progress, need to attempt my first panel wash before it is done. A few paint rubs here and there but not to noticeable.

ac4.jpgac3.jpgac2.jpgac1.jpg

it looks pretty cool but id suggest either lightening the red or picking out some details on it. It kinda looks too dark and the details seem drowned out.

I will admit it is a little dark but tis what I was aiming for. Next time Ill use a lighter primer, if I use this color again hopefully avoid to dark again But if I may how do you mean by picking out some details? Thank you for the feed back!

Looks pretty slick! I can see Iris_Aznable's point - if you painted a few spots a brighter color like silver (i.e. like you've got on the upper thighs) it'll help break up the very dark tones. Especially on the head - it's really hard to make out the face. There's a lot of depth just a few more highlighted areas can bring. I picked out a few random bits on the picture, but the face plate would be another good area to highlight instead.

Untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ScornMandark View Post
    Looks pretty slick! I can see Iris_Aznable's point - if you painted a few spots a brighter color like silver (i.e. like you've got on the upper thighs) it'll help break up the very dark tones. Especially on the head - it's really hard to make out the face. There's a lot of depth just a few more highlighted areas can bring. I picked out a few random bits on the picture, but the face plate would be another good area to highlight instead.

Untitled.jpg
    Thanks man I appreciate the idea and the visual aid. Yeah it would defiantly help it out to brighten it. Ah Gunpla the fun of always ,improving our art!