Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Darzers Hanger.

Darzers Hanger.

So for my first ever Gundam, I'm going to hit the ground running and abuse myself by making it a kitbash. My work-area resembles a training accident scene awaiting for investigators to arrive. But I've at least got the rough draft for the backpack completed, I do plan to add more details to after I finish getting all of my tools in.
    Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Darzers Hanger.

Looks like it's going to have plenty of hardware to dish out some pain.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Quick note, anyone mind letting me know how to add pictures to make them bigger? I'm also kinda new to how forums are so a little help would be nice.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

I use photobucket. after you get the picture loaded then you open up photobucket and click on the "IMG" it will say "copied" then you come back to the thread and chose "Add picture" select "From URL" right click to add the picture from photobucket, don't forget to uncheck the box next to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and there you go big pictures. Hope this helps.
    List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

So (after searching for examples) saw how the male end of parts should be trimmed (I learn better from seeing than reading unfortunately). I finally was able to cobble a bit of my first project together to see if it fit together. So far I like it, but I have to wait till my styrene gets in so I can scratch build or mod a shoulder join for the Heavyarms shoulder. On a side note, for trimming the male ends, is a chisel blade better for the job than a straight? I think I poked my thumb twice. lol
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Darzer; March 31, 2016 at 5:36 AM.
    "Pssssssst...Hey you...yeah you...No, THE OTHER you, yeah, YOU, see that person sitting next to you...yeah, that one right there, light them on fire."

"Cover me, I'm going stupid."

"I've seen Hockey games where boxing breaks out, I want to go to a boxing match and watch Hockey break out."

"My Gunpla work style is best described as the Hold my Beer and Watch This method."

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    I use photobucket. after you get the picture loaded then you open up photobucket and click on the "IMG" it will say "copied" then you come back to the thread and chose "Add picture" select "From URL" right click to add the picture from photobucket, don't forget to uncheck the box next to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and there you go big pictures. Hope this helps.
    i do the same thing except when i get back to the thread i just paste the text you copy from photobucket in the IMG section thing right in the reply box. then after ive said what i want to say i just click "Post Quick Reply" and the image comes up.

- - - Updated - - -

and the weapons on that backpack look pretty mean.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    i do the same thing except when i get back to the thread i just paste the text you copy from photobucket in the IMG section thing right in the reply box. then after ive said what i want to say i just click "Post Quick Reply" and the image comes up.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.
    "Pssssssst...Hey you...yeah you...No, THE OTHER you, yeah, YOU, see that person sitting next to you...yeah, that one right there, light them on fire."

"I've seen Hockey games where boxing breaks out, I want to go to a boxing match and watch Hockey break out."

"My Gunpla work style is best described as the Hold my Beer and Watch This method."

when I cut my male nubs back a bit I just eye ball it and use my side cutters. I figure WTH as long as I can get the parts together and then take them apart. I admit I do cut a bit to much some times but I glue the parts anyway soooooo. WTH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I never tried it that way. Hay I learned something mew today!
    List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

So after a few days of studying how other people go about modding things, I finally figured out what I wanted to do with the shoulder. Once my cement comes in I'll then be able to lock it in place and trim things to fit.

Ooooh, heavy ordnance pack! I likey. -bookmarks this topic for further reading.-
    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

Quote Originally Posted by Darzer View Post
    So after a few days of studying how other people go about modding things, I finally figured out what I wanted to do with the shoulder. Once my cement comes in I'll then be able to lock it in place and trim things to fit.

Question, on the parts for the polycap, would it be better to add those into the shoulder pieces and then file them down to fit, or size cut the female ports and place them alone?

I think I understand the question. If you are talking about actually cutting the poly cap, personally I would not just sand down the female parts a little at a time to fit. P.S glad to see you got the picture thing down, they look buch better on a phone that way.

Alrighty, I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

So another delay I was in was deciding what legs I wanted to use. I originally was going to use the Hazel custom, but after seeing a few other choices and finally got the other kits in and after building a leg from each of them, well, take a look...

I personally like the bulky part for the lower half, adds good stability with the full pack on and since it's a kitbash, works out nice, all that's left is the is left shoulder which is again on hold till I get my cement in.

It looks pretty good so far

So I decided, you know what these legs need...missile pods!