Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Horizon Realms; for I am never where I stand

Re: Othikent's Builds

Thank you. The weathering on this kit took awhile. First use of a chipping effect. I went a bit overboard but it looks good.
    If your interested in seeing any of the random stuff I make, please visit me Here

Well it's been a few months. I just kind of ended up focusing on other projects. Mostly my miniature painting and a few other things. anyway the gunpla bug has hit again and I'm in full swing, I have probably too many projects started so look for them soon.

Until then I give you The RX-178-MK II

A bit more restrained chipping effect on this one. Also painted the exposed frame in metallics.
    Attached Images
    If your interested in seeing any of the random stuff I make, please visit me Here

Next I bring you the HG Sinanju!

I love this suit but it's filigree gave me problems. After many different attempts I finally managed to hand paint the filigree. It's not perfect but I like the effect it gave. The filigree on the shield I managed to airbrush, but when I attempted it on the other pieces I just didn't work. other than that I just did a bit of panel lining, did a mix of hand and airbrushing of the other metallic details including the thrusters.

Here's my latest kit, a HG Jesta. Must say I really love this suit.

Not a full paint job but I did hand paint a few color apps and details and weathered it up and gave it a flat varnish. I also did a minor modification to the shoulder armor adding vent details. I may have gone a bit over board on the damage but I wanted a beat up suit. Over all I,m rather happy with it. Still working on my seam removal techniques. The tactic I took here didn't quite blend the way I wanted it too but I'm making progress.

All very good man but that Jesta.... SO frickin bad ass!!!! The damage looks great on it!

The original rx-78 vs zaku

Quote Originally Posted by Xeiond View Post
    All very good man but that Jesta.... SO frickin bad ass!!!! The damage looks great on it!
    Thanks!

Picked this Kit up awhile ago. It was a fun build and I decided to do some minor modifications, added some metal details to the shoulder armor and vent details to the knee armor. Also did a bit of painting, not the whole kit but some metallic apps and the black parts of the armor. Tried to do a little less weathering then I usually do and tried a splattering effect. Rather happy with this one.

Very cool Gouf Custom.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Thank you.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

COOL gouf, with that amount of damage I would hate to see the whats left of the GMs who tried to fight him. I take that back, Yes trashed GMs is always a nice thing to look at. Nice work.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Thanks! Working on this suit gave me an appreciation for the design.

I picked up one of my favorite mobile suits to complement my Gouf Custom. The Ez8 from 8th MS Team. Did a bit of modification to the suite, adding metallic details to the shoulders as well as narrowed the bars. Also added a scratch built Chaff launcher and sensor unit to the chest. Unfortunately the elbow joint on the left arm failed as I was posing it. I can still wedge it into place and on the up side I can now emulate the scenes where the suits is missing the left arm so not a total loss. I repainted the shield and ammo packs to corrected the color to be more anime accurate. As well as painting the backpack rack and parachute pack as well as the machine gun. Over all I'm rather happy with how this turned out.

Soldiers return to find those left in the wake of war find uses for it's relics even in times of peace.

Several firsts for me here. My first Diorama, My first fully panted Kit and some new weathering techniques as well. I am very happy with this especially for my first attempt. The shack is 100% scratch built by me and my first attempt to make a building. I also built a basic seat for the cockpit as it was far too empty without it. I modified the GM in several ways opening the cockpit tearing up the limbs and such. I also tied a new weathering technique to get some nice scoring and melted effects.

Looks damn spiffy!
    "Pssssssst...Hey you...yeah you...No, THE OTHER you, yeah, YOU, see that person sitting next to you...yeah, that one right there, light them on fire."

"Cover me, I'm going stupid."

"I've seen Hockey games where boxing breaks out, I want to go to a boxing match and watch Hockey break out."

"My Gunpla work style is best described as the Hold my Beer and Watch This method."