Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the beavs customs

I started doing some customs and plaplate practice and I really like the way my practice head came out.

Basically I just cut some small pieces to extend the cheek armor, two fins on each side of the head after cutting it down smooth then lastly added the horn piece. No ruler or measuring used, just eye balled it to practice, see how the glue worked and plastic.

The head is an old junk one I bought in a lot so don't mind the nubs and seams.

All in all..I like how it turned out and I may actually use it after all.
    Last edited by Squee; February 4, 2016 at 8:15 AM. Reason: pictures

Super Moderator

Re: the beavs customs

Upload your pictures to a photo sharing site like Photobucket, Imgur, etc. Most phones have apps for each service. Then just use the .jpg file with image tags ([img ] *picture [/img ] remove the spaces. Sites like photobucket will give you the option to just copy the img url.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Pictures added. Still mastering picture sharing. Twenty bonus points to whoever identifies the base head that I used.

Administrator

With the photos being so blurry it's Hard to tell. But if I had to guess, Shenlong.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

I didn't think they were that bad of photos. But technically no.

Super Moderator

I think what happened is when you took your pictures, your phone focused on the dots on the pink background instead of focusing on the head. Just a suggestion, as you glue on your pieces, do clean up as you go. It will be much easier to clean up your glue that way.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

In commemoration of the 10 anniversary of gundam 00, I'm trying to make a custom MS from the AD universe.

Given how horrible in appearance the "boss" MS were in both seasons... and the movie, just my opinion lol, I'm trying to reinvision Ribbons Gundam.

The base is obviously 00, my concept being when the 00 schematics were stolen, ribbons followed them more closely beyond the twin drive system. Now that I think about it.... did Anew only steal the twin drive info?

Idk... in my universe she stole all of it now lol.

This is just the concept pictures for idea of where I'm going. This far, I'm undecided on legs and arms, those just being possibilities. Scratch building more to the chest, skirts, and elongation of the torso is planned. Currently, the only concept I am digging is the gn drive shoulder, the other shoulder I'm going to cancel, making it symmetrical.

20170603_130939.jpg
    20170603_130949.jpg

More to come.

I've put my 00 and RG customs on hold and instead have been just doing straight builds of Zeon (and some 00 mixed in) suits. So far completed hg Zaku I, Neue Zeil, Gelgoog Marine, Zaku II F2, and the 8th MS Team versions of Zaku II and Gouf Custom.

My plan was to make a slightly post-OYW remnant squad of beat up Zeon MS.

I LOVE the F2 so it's staying relatively the same. The other is a kitbashed MS of left over parts that I felt looked good and feasible for an MS that was modded over time in the field. I need one more to finish the squad.

Custom plaplating, water slide decals, and fill airbrush custom paint is planned. Hoping to have the squad finished by August.

IMG_20180329_123506.jpg
    IMG_20180329_123301.jpg

Dom's with Gouf arms. Good man!

Ya I really like the tropen legs being on there but I'm torn. Been playing around with Gouf Custom legs or the original Zaku I legs on it and idk what I like most. I want to use the dom legs, but I found the Gouf legs with verniers and spikes added on to them from option sets looks really mean. When I get more time I'll post those.

IMG_20180421_010749.jpg
    IMG_20180421_010856.jpg
    IMG_20180421_011128.jpg
    IMG_20180421_011128.jpg

Tonight was a great night. Got my girls to bed early and got to sit down with a nice glass of whiskey and some gunpla action. Inspired by "gunpla is freedom" I decided to stop over thinking my models and actually enjoy them and just do it with fun. I spend so much time planning I end up not doing out of fear of messing things up. No more. Now I'm just going to do and have fun with this great hobby. How it ends up is what it is lol.

So, I always want to try new things with each custom. This time I tried seam line removal in the bothering areas and plaplates adding. The removal I think went good but the plaplate adding is iffy. With symmetrical, square pieces I got it down but custom pieces, like the skirt,I need some work. I think the thickness of my plastic is too thick too. Anyway, the custom needs some clean up before priming and that's what it's going to look like when done minus custom colors. Last picture is of my Zeon squad....I have to include that awesome F2. Dang I love the F2.

IMG_20180621_141832.jpg

Been awhile since update but had some time this week to get some work done on my kitbash.

First time painting with the airbrush and attempting pre-shading. I like the results on it and love the way the weapons turned out.

Also, my daughter chose the color. She chose well.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Yes she did. For some reason Zeon suits always look good in purple. Must have something to do with Purple being the color of Royalty.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

I fully agree...I was going to go with multiple tones of purple but loved the simple deep purple... I'm sticking with that.

A bit of clear blue or smoke airbrushed onto the edges of parts as post shading works real nice with colours like purple and red. Get a spoon and give it a try. I'm almost wholly post shading now that I have gone back to acrylics. Gotta love purples, it's just one of those colours that can really pop.