Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 108

Thread: Tank Thread.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Deep Blue sea.
    Posts
    660

    Tank Thread.

    Well, considering we have everything from a car thread to a plane thread, why not? Dare I say, why not?!



    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

    Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In yer base killin yer GMs
    Posts
    8,999

    Re: Tank Thread.

    mmmm yea. i LOVE tanks. bad ass.

    Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Deep Blue sea.
    Posts
    660

    Re: Tank Thread.

    Bad ass indeed, Zaku.
    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

    Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    11,806

    Re: Tank Thread.

    Out of the way plebs!

    Best tank coming through!




  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,543

    Re: Tank Thread.

    I loved tanks, I'm a fan of the Abrams, Challenger II, and Leopard. I haven't really kept up on the newer stuff though.
    Also you missed an opportunity : Tank Tread
    Last edited by Iris_Aznable; February 3, 2016 at 10:48 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Deep Blue sea.
    Posts
    660

    Re: Tank Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Out of the way plebs!

    Best tank coming through!
    Dom, I can't really argue with your logic of loving the Centurion.
    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

    Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Over the Hills and Far Away
    Posts
    396

    Re: Tank Thread.




    Oh well. What ever happens, happens.

    What ever you're looking for, it's always in the last place you look.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Deep Blue sea.
    Posts
    660

    Re: Tank Thread.

    Because Russia.



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RileyWarfield View Post
    Because Russia.

    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

    Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    31,996

    Re: Tank Thread.



    Technically a tank destroyer more than a Main battle tank or what have you but Elefant is a personal favorite of mine, that and it did descend from Ferdinand Porsche's (Yes that Porsche) Tiger prototype that was passed up in favor of the other one so what the hell.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    6,994

    Re: Tank Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Out of the way plebs!

    Best tank coming through!
    Hm... I disagree. This is what I think is the best tank is:

    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    11,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Hm... I disagree. This is what I think is the best tank is:

    Ivan pls.

    We all know that T-34 is kinda overrated.




  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    6,994

    Re: Tank Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Ivan pls.

    We all know that T-34 is kinda overrated.
    So is the Sherman, but they both came out as decisive war winners.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Deep Blue sea.
    Posts
    660

    Re: Tank Thread.

    As is the Tiger, but you never hear anyone ever say that.
    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

    Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    11,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    So is the Sherman, but they both came out as decisive war winners.
    I wouldn't say that Sherman is any where as overrated as the T-34.

    Sherman had :

    -very good crew layout and escape hatches
    -solid gun that functioned well in both anti tank and infantry roles
    -standard issue radio and gyro stabilised gun, both features which didn't become standard till after the war in other nations armor
    -solid armor all around

    T-34, though being solid enough, lacked many of the features that made Sherman so good. Combine that with poor reliability and abundance of German anti tank guns and you get astronomical casualties for the Soviet tankers.




  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Deep Blue sea.
    Posts
    660

    Re: Tank Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    I wouldn't say that Sherman is any where as overrated as the T-34.

    Sherman had :

    -very good crew layout and escape hatches
    -solid gun that functioned well in both anti tank and infantry roles
    -standard issue radio and gyro stabilised gun, both features which didn't become standard till after the war in other nations armor
    -solid armor all around

    T-34, though being solid enough, lacked many of the features that made Sherman so good. Combine that with poor reliability and abundance of German anti tank guns and you get astronomical casualties for the Soviet tankers.
    The T-34 was a good tank, it lack some features that made the Sherman a better tank. However the T-34 was the tank that made the German's piss their collective pants when they first encountered it. The sloped armor meant that anything other then 75mm and 88mm anti tank guns or FLaK guns couldn't pen it. Then there was the KV-1 which nothing BUT the FlaK 88 could pen.
    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

    Resident Efreet and resident shark person.


 

Similar Threads

  1. The Airbrush question thread. Ask questions here and not in a new thread.
    By Jfl0 in forum Modeling How-To, Tips, and Tricks.
    Replies: 494
    Last Post: July 26, 2018, 1:47 PM
  2. Replies: 635
    Last Post: March 5, 2018, 12:11 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 15, 2015, 10:43 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 31, 2012, 7:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •