Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tank Thread.

Re: Tank Thread.

I say we go with Dorchester armor... which is just upgraded Chobham armor. However, let's add a TUSK package on it like on the M1A2 Abrams.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Tusk with the CROWS system?
    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

Resident Efreet and resident shark person.

Oooooh, now there's an idea. Add it to the list.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

-Adds it to the list.- Some reason, I thought about adding both Hellfire missiles and a 40mm grenade launcher to the turret.

I think the Hellfire missile would be too much. Now, a 20mm grenade launcher on the other hand would be perfect. You could use for anti-infantry or the launch smoke rounds.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Let's make certain it is a universal mounting bracket. That way you can still mount a M240 not all of the takes in the platoon need be armed with the 40mm grenade launcher.

Taking a break from building a tank, I got to ask you something Riley. Seeing as you're a fan of tanks, did enjoy Girls und Panzer?

Pop quiz: identify all of the tanks used Kuromorimine in the video. Bonus points: identify all of the tanks in the video used by Ooarai.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I loved Girls und Panzer! And challenge accepted!. We have on the Kuromorimine side, Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdtiger, Jagdpanther, Panther Ausf. G, a Tiger II, A Maus, A looks like an Elefant (Ferdinand), Tiger I, Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf. J. For Ooarai they use a M3 Lee, Sturmgeschutz III, Char B1-Bis, Type 89B I-Go, Type 3 Chi-Nu, Tiger Porsche prototype (No idea how they managed to find it, unless it is a Elefant rebuild. But that is REALLY unlikely.), A Panzerkampfwagen IV with the short barrelled 75mm gun then upgraded to the 75mm long barreled gun, and finally the Czechoslovakian Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) later retrofitted into a Hetzer.

BONUS ROUND! Pravda uses a KV-2, IS-2, T-34-85, and T-34-76. BOOOYAH!

Quote Originally Posted by RileyWarfield View Post
    I loved Girls und Panzer! And challenge accepted!. We have on the Kuromorimine side, Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdtiger, Jagdpanther, Panther Ausf. G, a Tiger II, A Maus, A looks like an Elefant (Ferdinand), Tiger I, Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf. J. For Ooarai they use a M3 Lee, Sturmgeschutz III, Char B1-Bis, Type 89B I-Go, Type 3 Chi-Nu, Tiger Porsche prototype (No idea how they managed to find it, unless it is a Elefant rebuild. But that is REALLY unlikely.), A Panzerkampfwagen IV with the short barrelled 75mm gun then upgraded to the 75mm long barreled gun, and finally the Czechoslovakian Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) later retrofitted into a Hetzer.

BONUS ROUND! Pravda uses a KV-2, IS-2, T-34-85, and T-34-76. BOOOYAH!
    [Jaw drops all the way to the floor]

I think I'm in love.

And yeah, I found the show to kind of fun really. I really want to see the movie. Apparently Ooarai is supposed to go up against a college level team that fields M26 Pershings (you'd think Saunders Academy would have at least one in their arsenal considering that they field American tanks in case they had Pravda or Kuromorimine).
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    [Jaw drops all the way to the floor]

I think I'm in love.

And yeah, I found the show to kind of fun really. I really want to see the movie. Apparently Ooarai is supposed to go up against a college level team that fields M26 Pershings (you'd think Saunders Academy would have at least one in their arsenal considering that they field American tanks in case they had Pravda or Kuromorimine).
    I can understand why Saunders didn't use the Pershings. Shermans outnumbered them and there are tons of spare parts for those lying around.

I can understand why Saunders didn't use the Pershings. Shermans outnumbered them and there are tons of spare parts for those lying around.
    I guess. But still, even with the Firefly and any 76mm cannon Shermans they may around (I know that they have a 76(W) version) have around, they're outmatched when comes to firepower. Even the T34-85 has more firepower than most of the Shermans that Saunders has.

- - - Updated - - -

My guess would be is that Saunders probably has one, but it's either in storage, or needs to be restored to working order.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

According to some source that I can't remember. Saunders somehow retrofitted the Abrams' 120mm to a Sherman. How, I don't know and I am scared to know. lol

According to some source that I can't remember. Saunders somehow retrofitted the Abrams' 120mm to a Sherman. How, I don't know and I am scared to know. lol
    Wat?

I mean, the Israelis fitted and 105 MM French gun into a Sherman, so i guess it could be possible.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sherman

Are you kidding me?! That has got to be illegal. According to some rules I've read about Sensha-dou (and like you from a source I can't remember), all tanks have to be fitted with period accurate guns. The armor on the other hand, has to be reinforced on the inside so that the shells don't penetrate the tank.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

The Super Sherman yeah. Leave it to the Israelis to come up with a funky idea like that. lol

-shrugs.- I don't know Zeta. That's just what I read, granted it IS the internet so I took it with a grain of salt. These Shermans used the gun, but no the modern ammo. I don't know, but I haven't read it anywhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way. If you two are interested, there is a Youtuber I watch called The Mighty Jingles. He mostly does World of Tanks replay commentary... rather comedic commentary. He also talks about historical tanks, soldiers, and so on in his Monday segment "Mingles with Jingles." He is rather funny and knows quiet a bit. Oh and for you Zeta, you can find some Aviation War Thunder videos from him.