Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 136
  1. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    23

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    AFAIK those were preorder bonuses. Regardless, I'm sadly not in a financially stable enough position to pay $40 for a single technique I'm hazy on at best. The price of knowledge I guess.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In yer base killin yer GMs
    Posts
    8,892

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.



    - - - Updated - - -


    Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In yer base killin yer GMs
    Posts
    8,892

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    this is neat. how to scratch build hands.

    http://mxgs.blogspot.com/2010/04/scr...ted-hands.html

    Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Nine Miles South-West of South City
    Posts
    179

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction for metal verniers and metal pieces for thrusters. Something similar to the metal used in the below picture. I know I can buy metal pieces that are specifically made for this use but those are expensive. Any of you guys have some tricks for this?

    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/s9eae40dUWg/hqdefault.jpg
    "I am patient, patience is a virtue, virtue is a grace, grace is a gift from God, therefore I am a gift from God."

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In yer base killin yer GMs
    Posts
    8,892

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    i dont know any trick for making them or anything like what you want. but most of us buy them off Ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...il+up&_sacat=0

    Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    California base.
    Posts
    932

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    Try this

    http://www.ghostofzeon.com/diy/thrus...allthrust.html

    I've also use the end of mechanical pencils the part where the lead comes out to make thrusters in the past. Just look for ones with a metal or chrome tip and cut it to the left that you want.

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,797

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    I have a question concerning High Grades. For future kitbashes I want to use arms with the double jointed elbow, but the kits whose shoulders and torsos I want to use are set up for single jointed elbows. What techniques can I use to convert to double elbow? For example, one kitbash that I want to build uses the Heavyarms EW chest and shoulders, but I would like to use the M1 Astray arms. Looking at the images on 1999.co they are not compatible. Any ideas or suggestions would be most helpful.

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    California base.
    Posts
    932

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    If I remember correctly the EW kits have a peg for the shoulder so you may be able to just plug the array arm into it. But you won't have that great range of motion in the shoulder. I would just graph the astray shoulder joint into the heavyarms chest or use aftermarket ball joints for the shoulder joint.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,797

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    If I remember correctly the EW kits have a peg for the shoulder so you may be able to just plug the array arm into it. But you won't have that great range of motion in the shoulder. I would just graph the astray shoulder joint into the heavyarms chest or use aftermarket ball joints for the shoulder joint.
    Thank you for the response. So far the only arms that are compatible with the Heavyarms chest and shoulders (without modifications) are from the Blue Destiny. I am already going to be buying one Blue Destiny kit for a future kitbash, and I cannot justify buying several of those kits just for the arms. Where would I be able to find aftermarket ball joints?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I guess that making some form of adapter for the Astray's arms to work with Heavyarm's chest and shoulders would be a good time to experiment with puddy. I could use the section of Heavyarm's upper arms, cut away the section that is below the shoulder, and adhere it to the part that Astray's upper arms plug in to. If that makes sense at all. It works out in my head, which means it would be a good time to experiment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Here are the links to 1999.co so you can see how the shoulders are completely different.

    HG Heavyarms EW:
    http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10015639/10/0

    HG M1Astray:
    http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10181240/10/0

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In yer base killin yer GMs
    Posts
    8,892

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    here are some scratch building techniques.
    http://funakatown.com/images/Funakas...chbuilding.pdf

    - - - Updated - - -

    did you ask your question in those gundam guy's facebook page Twitch?

    Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bako, Cali
    Posts
    114

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    I got one. I've been working on a scratch/kit bashed hazel. Does anybody know where to find the tutorial for the legs? I know guy at models4you had one up years ago but I think he lost the page when he went on hiatus......on a side note my grammar is atrocious
    "To start a revolution you need only to toss the first brick." "I gotta chair, will that do?" "Sure Johnny, that'll do. Thatll.do just fine."

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    California base.
    Posts
    932

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Thank you for the response. So far the only arms that are compatible with the Heavyarms chest and shoulders (without modifications) are from the Blue Destiny. I am already going to be buying one Blue Destiny kit for a future kitbash, and I cannot justify buying several of those kits just for the arms. Where would I be able to find aftermarket ball joints?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I guess that making some form of adapter for the Astray's arms to work with Heavyarm's chest and shoulders would be a good time to experiment with puddy. I could use the section of Heavyarm's upper arms, cut away the section that is below the shoulder, and adhere it to the part that Astray's upper arms plug in to. If that makes sense at all. It works out in my head, which means it would be a good time to experiment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Here are the links to 1999.co so you can see how the shoulders are completely different.

    HG Heavyarms EW:
    http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10015639/10/0

    HG M1Astray:
    http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10181240/10/0
    EBay hlj. There are others but I'm drawing a blank on the site name right now. I bought mine from hlj. When I get home I'll go through my parts bin and get the manufacturer and parts number for you of what I think would work. I can post some pics with a hg kit for comparison if you want.

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,797

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    here are some scratch building techniques.
    http://funakatown.com/images/Funakas...chbuilding.pdf

    - - - Updated - - -

    did you ask your question in those gundam guy's facebook page Twitch?
    Yes I did, and it was not really answered. At least not to my understanding of it, anyways. But I do appreciate them trying, though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    EBay hlj. There are others but I'm drawing a blank on the site name right now. I bought mine from hlj. When I get home I'll go through my parts bin and get the manufacturer and parts number for you of what I think would work. I can post some pics with a hg kit for comparison if you want.
    That would be awesome, thank you.

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    California base.
    Posts
    932

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Face Mcshooty View Post
    I got one. I've been working on a scratch/kit bashed hazel. Does anybody know where to find the tutorial for the legs? I know guy at models4you had one up years ago but I think he lost the page when he went on hiatus......on a side note my grammar is atrocious
    Can you explain what your looking for? Is there a certain leg design you are trying to build for a certain type of hazel?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Yes I did, and it was not really answered. At least not to my understanding of it, anyways. But I do appreciate them trying, though.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That would be awesome, thank you.
    Sure no problem.

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,797

    Re: Modification/Scratch building/Model kit repair thread.

    What tool would be used to cut parts? Like if I had a part but I wanted to cut it in half.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Model Building Playlist
    By ThePowerfulWill in forum General Model Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 24, 2015, 12:47 PM
  2. scratch building 1/60 hyper mega launcher for PG zeta
    By windschnapper in forum Modeling How-To, Tips, and Tricks.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 18, 2015, 3:51 AM
  3. General view on scratch building a gundam figure?
    By Sentinel373 in forum General Model Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: January 4, 2015, 10:52 PM
  4. Model Building Horror Stories
    By ChapelMkII in forum Modeling How-To, Tips, and Tricks.
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: November 27, 2012, 6:07 PM
  5. My First Gundam Model! [HG Exia Repair II]
    By julius in forum Works-In-Progress
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: May 26, 2012, 6:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •