Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Mid-Year Campaign Prize - finally here

Just like in the now-classic Christmas movie “A Christmas Story”, I too am the recipient of a “Major Award”! While it might not be the hoped-for bowling alley, and it isn’t a leg lamp (kind of a shame, I know…) it is awfully cool.

I entered the Gundam Mid-Year Campaign 2015, and was lucky enough to be a winner in the contest! I won a set of 20 (Yes, 20!) Build Fighters Try kits. While some might criticize the show as being a big commercial for kits, I’ll say this; it works! The kits are beautiful, right on par with any other Bandai offering, and getting a 17lb box of models in the mail is just freakin’ sweet.

The only hard part was the waiting. I won in August, 2015, and just got these in the mail on January 26, 2016! Good things come to those that wait, I guess!

Check out the box of awesomeness here:

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/gun...campaign-2015/

Re: Mid-Year Campaign Prize - finally here

Oh my god... that's a lot of kits. And the best part about your post, I actually get that "A Christmas Story" joke. So you going to build all of them, sell all of them, or half-and-half?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Congratulations on your super-hyper-mega haul! Not everyday you get a 17lb box full of gunpla goodness in the mail!
    Current Gunpla Projects: Launcher/Sword Strike updated 5/13/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/45905-XXXG-01H-s-Works-In-Progress

Finished Builds updated 5/12/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...Finished-Works

Next Gunpla Project: ?

"Is that a dick knife? All of my wut" - Zaku

I'm glad someone got the Christmas Story reference! It would have been cool if the box was packed with straw, but then again, there was hardly any spare room!

I've got a few of them already, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to build them all. I've already got plans for most of them. Of course, I also have over 150 other Gundam kits unbuilt... Bah, can't have too much of a good thing!

And no, it's not every day you get a Christmas Turkey's worth of Gundams in the mail, or anywhere else, for that matter!

Thanks for sharin' the joy, guys!