Shield - damage detail and attach storage mount for Kampfer shotgun
    Use plastic plate to bulk out armor around cockpit and chest
    Heavily battle scarred - many heated run-ins with Gundam types

-

Ms-06r2-mg.jpg
    MG Johnny Ridden Zaku II 2.0 "Reiger Custom"
    Light blue/grey/orange paint scheme
    "Commander Mohawk"
    MSG Weapon Unit MW031 Assault Rifle and Sniper rifle, Gelgoog 2.0 shield as main loadou
    t
    Basic tidy and panel wash, vernier burns and the like, topcoat
    Metal detail-up parts
    Custom Zeon insignia action base

-

Mg-ms14s-ver2.jpg
    MG Gelgoog 2.0 Char Custom

Basic tidy and panel wash, vernier burns and the like, topcoat
    "LALA" on right shoulder, perhaps right arm looks cleaner/newer (replaced after battle where Lala died)
    Customize MagicToys sniper rifle/machine gun into high-output long range beam rifle

-

airmaster100.jpg
    HG 1/100 Gundam Airmaster

Graft Builders Parts folding wings to lower legs - retain retractability?
    Shave Gundam horns for sleeker, more mass-produced look
    Repaint in VF-103 paint scheme
    Light weathering - maintained but used look typical of fighter aircraft

-

BAN78209box.jpg
    HGUC Dom Tropen "Sophie Fran Custom"

Undecided on unit colors, will feature Midnight Fenrir insignia
    Heavily battle scarred - veteran mobile suit having seen many tours of duty

-

Last edited by Cmdr Jesse Reiger; March 19, 2016 at 8:38 AM. Reason: updating list

Re: Reiger's workshop

Editing/deleting these first few posts to clean up my thread a little. I won't delete anyone's comments, don't worry! Your interest in my builds is very appreciated - I promise not to disappoint!
    Last edited by Cmdr Jesse Reiger; January 29, 2016 at 5:23 AM. Reason: tidying up

It looks cool so far

Sorry light on pictures, posting more for personal reference since I keep this forum open when building gunpla:

MG Gelgoog 2.0 "Gundam Killer"
    Beam gatling gun - need to scratchbuild battery pack and supply cables
    Scratchbuild multiple beam sabers and right thigh holster
    Gundam shield - finish damage detail and scratchbuild storage mount for Kampfer shotgun
    Use plastic plate to bulk out armor around cockpit and chest
    Heavily battle scarred - many heated run-ins with Gundam types

- - - Updated - - -

HG 1/100 Airmaster
    Graft folding wings to lower legs - retain retractability?
    Shave Gundam horns for sleeker, more mass-produced look
    Repaint in VF-103 paint scheme
    Light weathering - maintained but used look typical of fighter aircraft

very cool kits. cant wait to see them done. SIEG ZEON!

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Here is a tip for you for doing damage that looks like melted metal. I use a wood burning kit I found at harbor freight. If you go to my WIP you will see my Zakus that are a bit on the damaged side. The wood burner came with all kinds of attachments so I can do small thin lines or great big holes like if it took a bazooka hit.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Thanks, guys! And I'll have to give that a shot, gundammonkey! I'll dig out my camera and get some shots sometime this weekend. MG Turn A showed up, so I'm gonna be snapping him together tomorrow. He's gonna be an out of box build with some pretty simple weathering/washing/topcoating.

EDIT: Found my USB cable! Later today I'll be hanging out with other Gundam nerds, and I'll be building this dapper gent:

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot my camera when I went to hang out with coworkers and build some gunpla, so here's a crappy shot of my Turn A snapped together next to one of my coworkers' first ever gunpla, a HG Shenlong. He had a blast and he's looking forward to getting more kits and increasing his skill!

Last edited by Cmdr Jesse Reiger; January 23, 2016 at 7:09 AM.

Lookin' good, I second the notion of battledamaged ms, having them look like they came straight out of a factory certainly has its place, but I like my suits to have scrapes and damage like they've seen frontline combat.
    Oh well. What ever happens, happens.

What ever you're looking for, it's always in the last place you look.

Yeah, I don't mean to say "clean" MS kits are bad or anything, just I have so much fun beating them up haha. I'm planning to do my Char Gelgoog 2.0 like it just rolled out of the factory, same with my Turn A. Turn A being mint is canonical anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy showed up yesterday before work, hopefully the beam rifle will come by Saturday for another weekend of relaxed gunpla building with coworkers! Gonna be watching The 08th MS Team as one of them hasn't seen it yet. Hoping to get him as hooked on the Universal Century as I am!

Also be sure to check out the very first post of this thread, it's been converted to a status page listing all of my current custom projects and a brief run-down on what I plan to do with them! I'll be updating it as work continues on the kits, so check it whenever you stop by!

- - - Updated - - -

My other Gelgoog 2.0 showed up yesterday, just in time to take him to my usual weekend hangout with the other gunpla jerks at a coworker's house!We blitzed through The 08th MS Team whilst brainstorming custom kits and with me feverishly Dremeling away at my mobile suit. I managed to finish the shield's impact scars, but still need to add blast/shrapnel scrapes and the like with a fine hobby knife.I hadn't seen The 08th in a while, so I was a little distracted and I wasn't able to finish completely - as you can see he still needs his left arm! But it was a blast, as usual, and I had a lot of fun building and playing with the Kotobukiya gatling gun - it has a little wind-up motor inside that makes the barrels spin! Oh, and I also bored out the hole for the Darth Maul saber on the back of the shield, just enough to accommodate the Action Base crotch adapter, which fits the Kampfer shotgun perfectly! I'll finish his basic snapbuild tomorrow, and will get better photos when I do. Mind the mess, I'm rearranging my room a little so it's a bit chaotic!

SDC13546.jpgSDC13548.jpgSDC13551.jpgSDC13553.jpgSDC13554.jpg

the Damage on that Gelgoog looks really good. looks like its seen some serious shit and survived. i love that look in an MS.

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    the Damage on that Gelgoog looks really good. looks like its seen some serious shit and survived. i love that look in an MS.
    Agreed. Though i my self like my suits, clean and pretty, i have an appreciation for pounded and damaged builds.

Thanks! I still have a long way to go on it! I'm trying to keep the feet/lower legs the most beat up, as they see constant contact with foothills, rock formations, riverbeds, landmines, etc. Plus all that trudging around adds up! The arms will be just about as heavy, with the torso/cockpit area being the healthiest looking, as the shield takes most of the brunt. I've nicknamed this one "the Gundam killer", because that's what I want to make - a custom MS-14S that can be deployed to defend an airfield from one or more Gundam types at once.

The shield is very beaten up because it is utilized in a charge rush, with the shotgun serving little more purpose than to point-blank blast out the head sensors once the gap has been closed. The gatling gun is a beam type, since traditional solid shell ammo usually does little more than annoy the average Gundam.

There will also be a row of beam sabers mounted on either side of the chest, about three to each side, for close-range combat. Each saber is "overclocked", with the particle density drastically increased to inflict maximum damage to Gundam anatomy. This tends to cause the sabers to overheat and explode, hence the need for so many to be readily available.

I... like to overthink my builds, heh...

i like you. i LOVE to think long and hard about the combat practicality of my mods to my mobile suits. im happy to see im not the only one.

- - - Updated - - -

and Gundam killer is a good name. imagine being a Gelgoog pilot in the one year war and killing a gundam. damn that would be sweet.

Zaku on kova luu.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr Jesse Reiger View Post
    Thanks! I still have a long way to go on it! I'm trying to keep the feet/lower legs the most beat up, as they see constant contact with foothills, rock formations, riverbeds, landmines, etc. Plus all that trudging around adds up! The arms will be just about as heavy, with the torso/cockpit area being the healthiest looking, as the shield takes most of the brunt. I've nicknamed this one "the Gundam killer", because that's what I want to make - a custom MS-14S that can be deployed to defend an airfield from one or more Gundam types at once.

The shield is very beaten up because it is utilized in a charge rush, with the shotgun serving little more purpose than to point-blank blast out the head sensors once the gap has been closed. The gatling gun is a beam type, since traditional solid shell ammo usually does little more than annoy the average Gundam.

There will also be a row of beam sabers mounted on either side of the chest, about three to each side, for close-range combat. Each saber is "overclocked", with the particle density drastically increased to inflict maximum damage to Gundam anatomy. This tends to cause the sabers to overheat and explode, hence the need for so many to be readily available.

I... like to overthink my builds, heh...

-God tier MS taste
    - God tier scale taste
    -has a great imagination

You........I like you.