Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

ZZ Gundam: A New Translation

Or "A New Fan Translation", if you want to get literal.

So, some nights ago there was a very interesting thread on 4chan (yeah, it happens sometimes, even there), and more specifically on /m/. Somebody asked what would be the perfect plot-line for ZZ Gundam: A New Translation, the follow-up to Z Gundam: A New Translation (of course). Since the project is bound never to be made to begin with, we just started throwing ideas left and right, and by the end of the night, all character development taken into account and also how the whole universe as a whole would change due to the crucial difference Z: ANT introduced to its own little canon, we came up with this:

-Argama docks at Shangri-la, Judau, Yazan and co plot to sneak aboard it and steal the Zeta.
    -Yazan takes things too far and almost kills Kamile, but Yazan's suit gets demanged in the fight.
    -Judau steals the Zeta and tries to crush Yazan, who escapes out into the colony. A couple of goons who'd been with Yazan show up in GM Quels, Judau dispatches them with the Zeta. Yazan's fate, like always, is left ambiguous.
    -Cue to no Axis activity, just mopping up a few Titans remnants that had followed the Argama to Shangri-la, Kamille acting as a mentor to Judau and his gang while recovering from his wounds from Yazan's battle.
    -A new, experimental elite Newtype enemy with mental attack capability, developed by the federation after discovering that Kamille survived the events of the Gryps conflict.
    (The main idea here is that since Kamille survived the events of Z Gundam, its a whole different ballgame for the feds in ZZ Gundam, already setting ZZ: ANT apart from the original.)
    -Axis turns out to have been bluffing, only biding time until the rest of its forces arrive.
    -Glemy actually leads a proper uprising, takes his own faction of Zeon from Axis, or Mars, or wherever else.
    -Moon Moon episodes and Rasara-Sarasa scenes will be deleted
    -New dialogues about last week & climax of Gryps War, Operation Eagle Fall and world's current power balance status.
    -Full Armor Enhanced ZZ Gundam will carried FAZZ's gigsntic High Mega Cannon
    >Addition musics by Conisch and Loverboy
    -A spiritual scene about Newtype Corps and last stand of Puru clones
    -Bright Noa voiced by Takaya Kuroda
    -A pseudo plot for Rosamia Badam or a short reference about her death in out-of-screen on ZANT
    -A flashforward scene about pre CCA and Crossbone Gundam/V Gundam Gaiden
    -Combination attack with Z + ZZ / Judhau + Kamille
    -Judau and Kamille together manage to break through Haman's psychological defenses and they come to an understanding
    -They convince her to come back to the Argama with them, Kamille insisting that she can still change.
    -Romance develops between Kamille and Haman. Fa Yuiry gets briefly mentioned, but only as a relationship that didn't work.
    -Together they finish off Glemmy's forces along with the feds new experimental unit.
    -The Feddies, however, do take her away/Haman gives herself to them on her own, give her a fair trial and judge her guilty of warcrimes
    -Judau and Kamille watch as she's about to get executed by firing squad,
    -They share one last newtype resonance
    -Haman says with tears rolling down her cheeks. "Thank you for allowing me to spend some time with you... for letting me feel human again."
    -"Haman, I - --!" Kamille starts talking, extending his arm as if trying to reach her one last time, in vain.
    -The execution squad opens fire. Haman dies.
    -Resonance ends abruptly.
    -Judau have some manly tears as the sun sets behind the scene. Kamille falls to his knees and cries his heart out.
    -Roll credits. Cut to some kinda sad instrumental music credits, showing Judau and Kamille shaking hands before Judau goes to Jupiter and Kamille going to some random colony, a photo of Haman on his cockpit, everyone else saying their goodbyes (Lina giving Judau a hug, Roux and Elle shaking hands, Beecha, Mondo, Iino, Puru and Judau all wrestling playfully before Roux, Elle, and Lina break them up, some scenes of the wreckage around Axis, with the final seen of the wreckage of the Qubeley on the surface of Axis with Mashymre's rose floating by the outstretched hand.
    - After credit roll, One of the executioners walks away before removing his sunglasses, rolls up sleeves, camera pan up to show Char's smiling face, boards sazabi and flies away.
    -Fast-forward some time later.
    -Char giving a speech to neo zeon remnant about avenging Haman.
    -Show Judau and Kamille watching said speech in sheer horror.
    -Ends with a scene of Amuro aboard the Ra Calium, fixing something on his RGZ-91 Re-GZ.
    -Somebody tells him there are new Londo Bell recruits awaiting to talk to him.
    -Turns back.
    -Kamille and Judau.
    -The end.

Agree? Disagree? Let me know!

Super Moderator
    Very interesting to have a ZZANT. I haven't seen ZZ yet so, I dunno how this would be like. Sounds interesting though.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

THIS!! This NEEDS to happen. ZZ, even though it was funny at the beginning got better by Episode 19 (that's when it finally got serious). Also, lol Kamille being the mentor to Judau and the new Londo Bell recruits. I like it and you have my approval!
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Zeta-G
    What sort of ridiculous fan fiction would throw Kamille and Haman together romantically? Oh, wait, you said this was concocted by 4chan... *facepalm*
    Also Zeta:ANT makes it pretty clear the events of the Gryps war have pulled Kamille and Fa together romantically (bear in mind that I am in no way a fan of Fa).

Seems like a good idea, aside from a few of the points you stated.

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by StarDrifter View Post
    Seems like a good idea, aside from a few of the points you stated.
    I forgot to mention, Kamille seems (to me at least) to be the sort of guy who would join Char's Neo Zeon movement. Remember, Kamille had a deep seated hatred for the Earth Federation, and he idolized Char as his mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    I forgot to mention, Kamille seems (to me at least) to be the sort of guy who would join Char's Neo Zeon movement. Remember, Kamille had a deep seated hatred for the Earth Federation, and he idolized Char as his mentor.
    I dunno, if you remember the Feddies and AEUG sort of joined forces after the end of Char's speech in Dakar. Plus, I think it more of hatred for just the Titans, but the Feds had to take it as well. The Federation really lost control of what the Titans were doing anyway, so it could be understood that the Titans became a paramilitary group. The Federation also lost a lot of followers when they made the Titans as well.

Judau should end up with Haman, not Kamille.

And Haman, Chara, and Mashymre should survive instead of dying pointlessly. As well as Puru Two.

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by StarDrifter View Post
    I dunno, if you remember the Feddies and AEUG sort of joined forces after the end of Char's speech in Dakar. Plus, I think it more of hatred for just the Titans, but the Feds had to take it as well. The Federation really lost control of what the Titans were doing anyway, so it could be understood that the Titans became a paramilitary group. The Federation also lost a lot of followers when they made the Titans as well.
    Kamille states pretty early on he hates both; he just hates the Titans even more. I think a useful analogy would be seeing the Titans as the abusive parent and the Feddies as the negligent one; both are contemptible, one is just more contemptible.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsVince725 View Post
    Judau should end up with Haman, not Kamille.
    The same thought crossed my mind as well.
    Last edited by Zeta-G; July 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM.

Super Moderator
    For the sake of Kamille and his happiness, I'd love to see him end up with Fa and in a state of mind to appreciate their relationship. Then he can start his own resistance group in opposition to both Neo Zeon and the Feddies, as he is unlikely to side with either. I feel Amuro would help him use this new group to develop an optmistic future based on understanding that only Newtypes of their caliber can understand completely and bring to the masses.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Quote Originally Posted by squeam View Post
    For the sake of Kamille and his happiness, I'd love to see him end up with Fa and in a state of mind to appreciate their relationship. Then he can start his own resistance group in opposition to both Neo Zeon and the Feddies, as he is unlikely to side with either. I feel Amuro would help him use this new group to develop an optmistic future based on understanding that only Newtypes of their caliber can understand completely and bring to the masses.
    Now THAT would be a cool idea.

Seems sorta like the current story I'm writing, except my story has four factions. (A villainous space faction, a more heroic but morally ambiguous space faction, a tiny but fully heroic space faction, and the good old Earth Federation).

Zeta-G
    Now THAT would be a cool idea.

Seems sorta like the current story I'm writing, except my story has four factions. (A villainous space faction, a more heroic but morally ambiguous space faction, a tiny but fully heroic space faction, and the good old Earth Federation).
    By "good old Earth Federation", I assume you mean incompetent, indifferent, and corrupt weasels.

By "good old Earth Federation", I assume you mean incompetent, indifferent, and corrupt weasels.
    Well, in this case the Earth Federation is hopelessly outdated and helpless, having been so focused on peace for the past twenty years that their only military weapons are pathetically outmatched. Think F91 and the Jegans getting their asses handed to them by the new Crossbone suits.

Zeta-G
    Well, in this case the Earth Federation is hopelessly outdated and helpless, having been so focused on peace for the past twenty years that their only military weapons are pathetically outmatched. Think F91 and the Jegans getting their asses handed to them by the new Crossbone suits.
    I stand by my previous post. That description fits them pretty well for any period of the UC.

I stand by my previous post. That description fits them pretty well for any period of the UC.
    I decided to shift all of the corruption onto Anaheim. :P