Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Gundam Extreme VS Force Western localization in 2016

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/mobile-su...ming-west-2016

It's happening!

No, seriously though, this is amazing this is happening. I've already got money down for this game, and anyone on here who has a Vita and loves Gundam should preorder this game ASAP. It's a single player spin-off of the extremley good 2v2 fighting game Gundam Extreme VS. If we get this game to sell well enough, a theoretical PS4 Extreme VS could get localized too. Or even other Gundam games! Gundam has been getting back its groove in the West with the rightstuf DVD/ Blu-ray releases, so if you guys could do it for the games to, that'd be great!

Trailers/gameplay:

Biggest 00 fanboy you'll ever meet.

Re: Gundam Extreme VS Force Western localization in 2016

Yeah, we already know about this. It's in the thread Video Games and it's the most recent posts.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/23...iews-in-japan/

Japan which has the game doesn't seem to be a fan so far.

I was kind of looking forward too this I mean I'll wait and see more but damn isn't sounding good so far makes me wonder why they didn't just port exvs fb or mb straight to to the vita, I mean they for Next+ to work on the PSP.

- - - Updated - - -

More worried about this being a crossfire situation in the west more than anything.

- - - Updated - - -

G-Self looks fun though.

- - - Updated - - -

Barbatos Gameplay as well, this is the 4th Ep Version there's apparently a first episode one without shoulder armor IDK how different it is. Looks like the typical Vs Melee fair, not that that's bad my favorite suit as of late in FB is Epyon and this at least has some range compaired to it lol.

They're Amazon customer reviews. People generally only use such things to complain. The article linked to even says that Japanese Amazon reviews tend to be more negative than average. Plus a fair bit of the criticism seems to be from people who don't understand that it is supposed to be a bit different from the usual vs title.
    Sieg Zeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    They're Amazon customer reviews. People generally only use such things to complain. The article linked to even says that Japanese Amazon reviews tend to be more negative than average. Plus a fair bit of the criticism seems to be from people who don't understand that it is supposed to be a bit different from the usual vs title.
    Yeah I know its while I'm not taking too seriously as of yet.

Be aware that IGN and the like will likely crap all over it regardless of the actual quality when it comes stateside. I say this because they gave the PS2 versions of the first two VS games really low scores when they came out over here, and those two games were well liked by the professional reviewers in Japan. Basically if it's not a big franchise like COD or a crappy, pseudo-intellectual indie game don't expect anything different from the American gaming press. They even complained about the classic Rise from the Ashes back in 1999 for goodness sake. Basically, they are not trustworthy reviewers either.
    Sieg Zeon!

Lol do people still pay attention to IGN?

I used them as my example. I could just have easily used Kotaku, GameSpot, etc., etc. They're all just as corrupt and ignorant.
    Sieg Zeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    Be aware that IGN and the like will likely crap all over it regardless of the actual quality when it comes stateside. I say this because they gave the PS2 versions of the first two VS games really low scores when they came out over here, and those two games were well liked by the professional reviewers in Japan. Basically if it's not a big franchise like COD or a crappy, pseudo-intellectual indie game don't expect anything different from the American gaming press. They even complained about the classic Rise from the Ashes back in 1999 for goodness sake. Basically, they are not trustworthy reviewers either.
    Don't forget that the cloth cuts both ways as well. Remember Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire? It got some pretty favorable reviews from Japanese sites, mags, and professional reviewers. Then when the game was released, we all discovered that it was a piece of s#!+.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Don't forget that the cloth cuts both ways as well. Remember Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire? It got some pretty favorable reviews from Japanese sites, mags, and professional reviewers. Then when the game was released, we all discovered that it was a piece of s#!+.
    A shame too because its successor we didn't get was oh so good. Like one of the better gundam games.

Crossfire wasn't as bad as the western reviewers made it out to be. It wasn't particularly good, but it wasn't terrible either. Meanwhile, how many crappy, buggy big name western games get great scores while excellent Japanese games of any kind get trashed to no end (usually over a tiny flaw that gets brushed aside when reviewing a western game)? Yeah Japan might be a little bit more lenient on anime games' half-assed attempts at conveying the story, since they're already usually familiar with the characters/story from the source material, but western reviewers are pretty much all racist morons who crap on any game that isn't western. Mind you these negatively reviewed games are the same sort of games (mostly JRPGs) that used to get universal praise by the western press before the dudebros/FPS-fanboys took over.

Really, outside of a few western developers like Rare and Bioware, most Western developers have nowhere even close to the record of the Japanese heavyweights. Think about buggy garbage from Bethesda. No big Japanese game ever ships with that many bugs. Yet big, crappy, buggy Western games get praised time and time again. Why? It's because the US gaming press is corrupt and take bribes from developers/publishers in exchange for good scores. It's not an opinion. It's fact. There have been numerous public examples of this corruption involving pretty much every western review outlet. They are all corrupt and untrustworthy. Say what you will about Famitsu and the like, but they generally don't have a history of corruption. Much like the games themselves, Japan produces better, less corrupt gaming media.

That's not even getting into the subtle and not-so-subtle racism that has creeped into the western reviews of Japanese games over the years. Anime/manga-influence art style? Loses points. Lots of Japanese cultural touches/references? Loses points. Set in Japan and not a ninja game? Loses points. Game made in Japan? Loses points (seriously, ask about JRPGs or any other obviously Japanese games in an Xbox forum and watch the racist comments fly). Hell, look at the Vita in the West; it has a steady stream of high-quality Japanese games released for it in the west, but most of the time all the Western press can talk about for it are the cheap, crappy Western indie games that are released for it. Frankly, it's disgusting.

All of this is why I never rely on someone else's review scores. Instead, I look up information on the game, try it if possible (demo/rent/borrow), and then buy it, so I can form my own opinion. People who let other people tell them what games they should like are idiots. The only reason I even give a crap about professional review scores is because I know that most people are lazy and make their purchases based off of them; if enough people listen to particularly stupid reviews, a game's sales drop, and as a consequence, it takes an entire decade for another Gundam Versus game to get localized. Meanwhile, Activision and Bethesda make billions selling subpar and/or buggy games to fools who listen to IGN and the like when they proclaim the latest COD or Fallout as the best ever.
    Sieg Zeon!

Well, there was an update where people got some game modes and new suits, and hopefully, we'll continue to get suit DLC. It'd be an insult, though, if we didn't get those updates in the Western release.

I don't get all the hate for crossfire, I loved it. Im actually going to order a copy right now.

*my bad it was federation vs zeon on ps2 that I loved
    Zeonic Gunpla and Battletech enthusiast, and NDT Inspector