Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: Gundam Thunderbolt is getting Animated

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman293 View Post
    I'm disappointed that this series is gonna just be an ONA. I've really come around on the series since it was first announced, from "What is this?" and "Not another One Year War story" to being hyped for what looked to be awesome mech battles and an interesting story. Sure they could add more episodes, but I feel like if it was an OVA I wouldn't be panicking as much about the story potentially not getting finished.
    Well,the manga isn't even finished so it wasn't gonna get finished either way.

And with only 4 18 minute episodes...I really don't see how its gonna be complete at all.

Mechtalk forums says that based on this website: http://gundam-tb.net/index.html that episode 1 of Thunderbolt will be based on the first 4 or 5 manga chapters.
    Last edited by Powerman293; November 22, 2015 at 2:37 AM.
    Biggest 00 fanboy you'll ever meet.

Just saw the 1:30 second trailer that was shown in Japan at the origin airing event, and even filmed on a potato phone, it looks damn good in the animation department, like I thought Unicorn had gratious cockpit shots, but this...as a fan of mecha cockpit sequences I'll be happy on that alone.

Everything else looked good as well, hell even if they cut out plot, as far as animation and such goes, I think it'll be worth it, one of those things that's nice an pretty to look at even if in the plot department it's not very good.

Super Moderator

Better trailer was linked on Fb tonight... It looks sooooo good! I haven't been this excited for a gundam show in a long time!

https://www.facebook.com/MobileSuitG...1380013668863/

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Much better quality than the one I scrounged from /m/.

Yeah I admit I've been getting pretty excited since I've started Re-reading the manga lately, and just going off of the trailer looks like a really faithful adaption, and the quality and old school look is nice. The fact that Origin is CGI has honestly disapointed me (Though it is pretty nice as far as CGI goes but going from 2D characters to CGI mechs is jarring to me), glad to see it won't be a trend.

im excited as hell. not gonna lie. been reading it and im all about it. it seems like it give is Zeons a lot of screen time to. so im happy about that. i just hope (know it wont happen cause its a gundumb) that the blond guy dies.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

I read up to what is currently unoffically translated over the weekend. Obviously the SIde 4 arc was great, but do you guys see any sort of issue with the Earth arc and official canon? Because I've heard people say it splits from canon from there.
    Biggest 00 fanboy you'll ever meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    im excited as hell. not gonna lie. been reading it and im all about it. it seems like it give is Zeons a lot of screen time to. so im happy about that. i just hope (know it wont happen cause its a gundumb) that the blond guy dies.
    Io? Come on guys a bad ass. Gundam pilot that isn't either A A whiney shit, or B A stoic shit. Plus he has based taste in music.

No seriously he was listening to that at one point.

That said if anything both of them will die.

@Powerman

Idk I actually never made it that far because zeonic only recently got the newer chapters up for a few years all that was translated was volume 1 so from 2 on its all new to me.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah it is supposed to be an alt uc but doesnt really matter because I don't think we'll be getting that far yet, but if we do that's what can separate this from just being yet another uc again in the same events we already know over, and over, and over again.

This is perfect.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

It has jazz there for it must be cowboy bepop!

Did jazz not exist in peoples minds before cowboy bepop or something? I admit I haven't seen the show but I keep seeing the comparison everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post

Did jazz not exist in peoples minds before cowboy bepop or something? I admit I haven't seen the show but I keep seeing the comparison everywhere.
    People must think cowboy bebop was they only anime that has jazz music in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    It really seems that way It's just a trend I've noticed, I guess it's due to the popularity I'm just finding it odd.

Either way I hope the soundtrack is as good as it sounds from the PV

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it's nothing against anyone at all, it's just I can't turn around without seeing the comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also I hope this makes it to A boa qu so we can see the RX-79[G] Space MP Gundam force. (Yeah the Ground Gundam isn't such a ground gundam in Thunderbolt)

The budget looks insane. The perfect amount of fluidity, shading, detail, at least in the preview.

Now let's see if it actually looks like that completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    The first and only, from what I've experienced.

Jazz and music in general are very key to Cowboy Beebop. It's also one of the single most popular anime shows in the West period.

There's only one other well known (and rather great) anime that features jazz as prominently/even more so than Beebop because that's actually what it is about, but obviously said other has even less vague similarities and isn't near as popular. But even then, I've still heard "this is Kid's On the Slope with giant robots!"

But yeah, it's a space anime with jazz, of course there's gonna be comparisons when another such anime is an otaku staple/classic.

Granted, I didn't post the video because of Cowboy Beebop music but because I thought all the screaming and yelling put in was funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also I hope this makes it to A boa qu so we can see the RX-79[G] Space MP Gundam force. (Yeah the Ground Gundam isn't such a ground gundam in Thunderbolt)

Wouldn't be the first time. Man, Shiro is a boss in space. If he could kick the ass of some super prototype with just a Ball, imagine what he could do with this.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Yeah but the RX-79[G] Thunderbolt doesn't look as...Ad Hoc as the Space going Ez8.

That said I really wonder why the [G] is there when it's not a ground unit and never was in Thunderbolt UC. That said doubt it'll happen because I don't think we'll be getting to A Boa Qu as these 4 episodes so far confirmed will probably just go upto the fight between the FA-78 and Psyco Zaku.