Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Re: Gundam Thunderbolt is getting Animated

I'll get to it eventually I've read it so that's enough, and I've seen enough of the battles to go "Oh neat." (CGI while okay isn't my thing though origin pulls it off well enough)

I already know the story though and though so I really don't have an interest in just seeing the Rise and fall of Char again. So it's not very pressing to me.

The Atlas looks like an unfinished prototype with no armor on it.

Sadly I, too, need to catch up on Origin. Can't wait for Thunderbolt though! I love the Thunderbolt Zaku's backpack. I own a HG of it.

Go Jegan or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Starlord View Post
    I can agree with your sentiments. I'm really glad there's more Gundam anime on the way, though I feel the One Year War could take a break for a while as they tell stories from other years. If anything, Blue Destiny should get an animated adaption.

But still, new Universal Century anime is great news itself.
    Yes! I would love to see blue destiny animated or lost war chronicle

Could anyone explain the story of Thunderbolt? Couldn't find anything on the web about it outside of the initial summary.
    Biggest 00 fanboy you'll ever meet.

I'm super keen for it! but hope Crossbone is up next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman293 View Post
    Could anyone explain the story of Thunderbolt? Couldn't find anything on the web about it outside of the initial summary.
    x2 couldn't find much on it

OP, I agree that we are over saturated with OYW stuff, but I do not believe we are currently over saturated with Gundam in general, as of right now we have one OVA, and one main series. We have pretty much had that same scenario for a while. And having a second series will be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by windkami View Post
    OP, I agree that we are over saturated with OYW stuff, but I do not believe we are currently over saturated with Gundam in general, as of right now we have one OVA, and one main series. We have pretty much had that same scenario for a while. And having a second series will be no different.
    I'm not talking about all at once, all at a row is just as dangerous.

Look at the 90's you had Victory, G, Wing, X, and Turn A all pretty much back to back, X and Turn A pretty much bombed as a result of the market being flooded, that's also not counting the two if not more OVA's in the 90s as well.

Look at since late 2013, we've had BF, BF Try, Greco, IBO, Unicorn's last few episodes, and now this which is either a Series or an OVA who knows, as well as at least two Build Fighters OVAs planned.

That's the last bit of an OVA ending, on top of three series already gone by (25 episodes or not that's alot) a new one that just started, an OVA that just started earlier this year, and two OVA's in the works, on top of a possible third that might even be a new series, that's in under two years.

I dunno if that isn't flooding the market then I don't know what is, I'm not saying it's a bad thing...yet, but if either budget gets to thin, or people start getting tired of it again, it could very well end up being a bad thing.

- - - Updated - - -

To make it worse, this is all going not only back to back but allot of stuff being balanced at the same time, which will strech studios thin eventually, plus Sunrise does have other things going on outside the franchise as well, which you also need to factor into the resource pool. So I dunno it's more of a I hope it doesn't crash type thing, and it seems to be working okay...so far. But still, it's a dangerous path.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    I'm not talking about all at once, all at a row is just as dangerous.

Look at the 90's you had Victory, G, Wing, X, and Turn A all pretty much back to back, X and Turn A pretty much bombed as a result of the market being flooded, that's also not counting the two if not more OVA's in the 90s as well.

Look at since late 2013, we've had BF, BF Try, Greco, IBO, Unicorn's last few episodes, and now this which is either a Series or an OVA who knows, as well as at least two Build Fighters OVAs planned.

That's the last bit of an OVA ending, on top of three series already gone by (25 episodes or not that's alot) a new one that just started, an OVA that just started earlier this year, and two OVA's in the works, on top of a possible third that might even be a new series, that's in under two years.

I dunno if that isn't flooding the market then I don't know what is, I'm not saying it's a bad thing...yet, but if either budget gets to thin, or people start getting tired of it again, it could very well end up being a bad thing.

- - - Updated - - -

To make it worse, this is all going not only back to back but allot of stuff being balanced at the same time, which will strech studios thin eventually, plus Sunrise does have other things going on outside the franchise as well, which you also need to factor into the resource pool. So I dunno it's more of a I hope it doesn't crash type thing, and it seems to be working okay...so far. But still, it's a dangerous path.
    Well I do agree that as a decade we have seen a lot, but for the most part the reception has been good, G Reco and Age not so much, but otherwise it has been good and I suppose it does really depend on the companies producing these series and the hopes that they can balance it all well enough.

One thing to consider is the fact that Anime/Manga in the United States and probably even the rest of the world to be honest has substantially increased in popularity since the 90's. We have a lot more Anime being translated into English, we have more and more ways to distribute Anime to other parts of the world (whether it's sub or dub) in part to the growth of the internet and streaming services such as Crunchyroll, and Netflix (and that is not even counting less legal resources). Plus even just Gundam in general has had an ever increasing fan base as time has ticked on.

So while I agree we should have some concern as regimes come and go, we very well may be in a boom and less of a dive.

Super Moderator

For those who want to read it, http://tinyurl.com/p7pba2p

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

sweeet^

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Quote Originally Posted by windkami View Post
    Well I do agree that as a decade we have seen a lot, but for the most part the reception has been good, G Reco and Age not so much, but otherwise it has been good and I suppose it does really depend on the companies producing these series and the hopes that they can balance it all well enough.

One thing to consider is the fact that Anime/Manga in the United States and probably even the rest of the world to be honest has substantially increased in popularity since the 90's. We have a lot more Anime being translated into English, we have more and more ways to distribute Anime to other parts of the world (whether it's sub or dub) in part to the growth of the internet and streaming services such as Crunchyroll, and Netflix (and that is not even counting less legal resources). Plus even just Gundam in general has had an ever increasing fan base as time has ticked on.

So while I agree we should have some concern as regimes come and go, we very well may be in a boom and less of a dive.
    Well Greco sold well in terms of BD/DVD and Kits in Japan (AKA where it really matters especially since it was hardly marketed to the west until it was already done, plus the west has always been a second thought until recently with the seeming marketing of IBO and DVDs for the west) especially for a late night show. Now mind you it wasn't a runaway success but it did better than they expected, and it even, if rumor and what Tomino said in an interview once is to be believed got more kits as well than originally planned. People here and in the west in general might not like it but it didn't flop like people think it did. (It'd be like me, saying Seed failed because I didn't like it, when that's the complete oposite, didn't like it but I can't deny it was successful)

Two, yes the market might be bigger, but the thing is, Gundam was in a boom in the 90s as well, the stock market was in a boom in the 80s as well before it crashed. A boom doesn't mean it's immune to over bloat and kill it's self, in fact too much of a boom, is a good indicator of what will happen.

I digress it's early to tell but it seems a bit damning so far with how quickly in the past two years especially things have been churning out.

Anyways on the subject at hand, I wonder if they're going to try and fit this in the Canon, or if it's gonna be like the Manga which IIRC is in an Alternate version of the OYW not the actual cannon one, from what I've heard haven't read too much of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if it's an Alt thing I hope Atlas gets Redesigned. It's weird and not in a good way IMO.

All the Thunderbolt suits look like the weird love child of Unicorn and 0079 designs.
    Biggest 00 fanboy you'll ever meet.

So apparently there is a trailer out with the new gundam origin in japan at a few cinema's

Some official artwork, staring Billy Idol. (Jks but seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Some official artwork, staring Billy Idol. (Jks but seriously)