Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 43 12345611 ... LastLast

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans

(Not sure if I should make a new thread here, or if the one in the news forums should be moved and this thread merged to it.)

Just seen the first episode of this series.
    So far it's interesting, the fights involving the mobile workers were surprisingly fun to watch.

(Also I watched this in Tagalog; going to watch the english one later maybe...)
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/

Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Oprhans

Was going to make a thread so far it looks like it's going to be a solid series. I kinda get the post apocalyptic vibe from it like after wars Gundam X.

Gotta say....That was one badass intro for the Gundam.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Kinda of surprised that even with the hanger shots we barely see the Gundam at all.

Feels like they introduced a few to many characters at one, though I do want to learn more about them. Like Crank and Kudelia Aina Bernstien. I also want to know why the Martian leader sold out his daughter.

Takaki is adorable and he needs a hug.

Anyway, yeah, no real judgement yet obviously but I want to see where this goes.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Super Moderator

Since the news thread was about a new show, we'll leave it there. This thread is to discuss a show that is occuring/ in the future, we'll probably come back and talk about it here. I'll pin this topic since its the latest show! ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

So after watching the first episode, I'm hooked. The setting is intriguing (and I would like to know more), the characters are interesting (and I would like to seem them develop into great characters), I think we may have a winner here.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I watched it this afternoon, and I liked it. Very nice worldbuilding in that first episode.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

I absolutely loved this episode. Most Gundam series don't grip me until I'm at least 4-5 episodes in, but right off the bat GIBO is all kinds of awesome. I love the Mobile Workers, and how they made up such a large portion of the battle. I kind of want to army build them now. I have a feeling I'll really like the cast this time around, and the animation is great. I'm so stoked for episode 2.
    Get your Gunpla news and reviews HERE: http://www.youtube.com/user/2ndSndWve

Yeah, that was a tank battle, and it was awesome.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

I just saw the episode, and I can say honestly, that I really liked it.

I like that the third group crew manages to be both stereo-typically macho and major shōjo bait; that's the sign of smart character design.

I'm getting a real Starship Troopers vibe so far based on the aesthetics of everything looking very worn and weathered.

That poor love interest reeks of being two weeks 'till retirement though. I am not looking forward to that inevitable episode.

This series is definitely has the potential to be one of the better series in a while. The characters are interesting, not just cardboard cut outs, the story is gripping and they left us with questions we want answered, the action was packed and well done. Even with the introduction of so many characters we get a feel for them, who is good and bad, and maybe just enough to guess at what part they may play in the episodes to come. If they can keep the momentum up it is going to be one hell of a series.

I think that the pilot episode is a strong one. The Matrix-like plugs in their vertebrae disturbs me a bit. Got me wondering why Mika's bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    I think that the pilot episode is a strong one. The Matrix-like plugs in their vertebrae disturbs me a bit. Got me wondering why Mika's bleeding.
    Well, they said it's a man-machine interface and my guess is so that it's easier to pilot a mobile worker or a mobile suit. However, the high performance specs of the Gundam probably puts enormous strain on both the body and the mind.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Well, they said it's a man-machine interface and my guess is so that it's easier to pilot a mobile worker or a mobile suit. However, the high performance specs of the Gundam probably puts enormous strain on both the body and the mind.
    Yeah, but you don't wanna just go pluggin' in raw. Gotta put on a plug-cap. Otherwise, who knows what kinda grease and gunk is gonna get into those plugs.

Plug Cap.png

Mika had three. The white-haired guy had one. We'll learn more about it in the future.