Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans

Evolution

I wonder if Bandai would actually release a kit with all of these parts in one box?

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

...they have. You literally just posted pictures of it.
    Get your Gunpla news and reviews HERE: http://www.youtube.com/user/2ndSndWve

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter Dynames View Post
    ...they have. You literally just posted pictures of it.
    Yeah, sorry. What I meant to ask was are these parts interchangeable at any time, or is it like the old HG Tallgeese III where you only had one option to build the Tallgeese 1, 2, or 3, specifically due to the lack of polycaps? My bad for not expressing my question clearly.

At most I'd say it comes with two kits. One kit is for forms 1, 2 and 3 before Teiwaz brought it back to factory settings. Then the second kit is for forms 4, 5 and 6. Since in each form it was mostly add ons.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

If it comes with two kits, 4000++ yen would not be a bad deal.

It comes with two Barbatos, and all the armor parts. Even has 1 mobile worker.

I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/

so ive just started IBO and im episode 9 now. and so far i love it. Orga reminds me of Kamina from Gurren Lagann. evertime i see him i expect to hear someone scream BRO!! and Mikazuki sort of reminds me of Heero Yuy from gundam wing. and sometimes not. and i love the gundam barbatos. im still not a fan of the ab section but other than that i love it.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    so ive just started IBO and im episode 9 now. and so far i love it. Orga reminds me of Kamina from Gurren Lagann. evertime i see him i expect to hear someone scream BRO!! and Mikazuki sort of reminds me of Heero Yuy from gundam wing. and sometimes not. and i love the gundam barbatos. im still not a fan of the ab section but other than that i love it.
    But doesn't Mika give the Impression he loves war ? like ali al sanchez ?

To me Mika gives the impression that war is his job and something he does because he has to. He's always so cold and distant about it. Although that psycho guy who piloted the Guison seems to be a foreshadowing. I think the Aliya-Vigianya (idk) system eventually drives the pilots insane. After all, has to be a reason the Gundams were discontinued after the Calamity War - so maybe the pilots going psycho is why?

Go Jegan or go home.

Re: What don't you like about IBO?

Quote Originally Posted by AmbientAce View Post
    I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything here, but I am legitimately curious as to why some people don't enjoy the series.

I understand everyone has their own opinion but looking at this show as objectively as I can I don't see a lot wrong with it. It's got good character development (especially for the side characters), a refreshingly "hard-sci-fi" setting, the story isn't all that original but it's well executed which is what matters, the animation is great, and the soundtrack is godlike. The no beam weapons twist really adds to the combat and prevents it from becoming a beam spam fest. I mean, again this is just my opinion, but I can't see what could make it so hated by some people.

The he only major flaw I see with the show (and I hope this changes) is that Mika has the personality of a sociopathic brick, either that or his emotions are so subtle I don't pick up on them.

So, respectfully, and because I like hearing others opinions... What don't you like about IBO?
    Well, I really don't like it, but I should at least provide some feedback to show what I meant, since you asked politely. Over at the Koei Warriors forum, I was a little less tactful with my views on the series, especially since the Gundam fans there were overwhelmingly pro-IBO after being strongly anti-Reconguista in G, so I hope to redeem myself here. Ironically, this will also discuss why I'm a G-Reco fan.
    For starters, I just felt like that the series was too dark. For plenty of people, this means a show is badass, but for me, it means there is no way I can watch it without having nightmares or vivid flashbacks (I suffer from autism & severe anxiety and depression). I know I sound like a wuss when I also feel like Pokemon Adventures is too dark of a series (I mean... it's Pokemon with mindrape and murder), but IBO was something that I just could not sink my teeth into because there would be an obvious disconnect between what was being presented and me possibly enjoying it. To be fair, I've lived a really rough life, and this year alone, lost two of my family members to illness, so obviously, I would try to look for more "fluffy" programming to digest... which was one of the reasons why I love Reconguista so much, in spite of that series having a darker backstory than IBO (cannibalism > interplanetary oppression), but presentation-wise, Reconguista was very light in my view due to it having a low casualty rate (even for Tomino standards) and a geniunely positive ending.

But, on the main subject, IBO featured several forms of content that I wasn't going to like. Child soldiers, harems, people getting their minds broken, mass executions of innocents... I'm sorry, but that wasn't something I can handle. It wasn't like Victory, where it seemed like this stuff was happening just for the sake of happening; there WAS a semblance of methodology to all of this, so I will give it points there, but again, if I can't handle it, I'm not going to go near it.

Then, the mecha. I mean, design-wise, it looks alright (and they were mostly Washio's works, and that is the same guy who did the Gundam Thrones from 00 that I revere) for the mecha, but in an overall aesthetic, I was sort of distanced from it, because while the designs FIT the overall tone of the program, they really weren't anything I was going to bother looking for fanart or models of it.

Combat fell victim to a common problem that is often achieved as a remedy for pencil mileage and logical constitution, and that was space battles. For a series that was set on Mars, where the animators could have free reign in designing a terraformed planet as they please, they instead spend the majority of time either in space or on Earth. And, really, the finale pegged the Graze Ein as this killer machine, but nobody he fought actually died and Mika easily murdered Ein in the end. People keep citing how balanced the fights were, but that finale was super anticlimatic.

Finally, the characters. They didn't really develop in my opinion beyond what they were supposed to be. Mikazaki was so revered, yet I look at a complete sociopath. Even if it's because that is his life and he approaches it as such, I'm not for protagonists who are all for killing people, because they don't look at all like they are weighing the options... or showing any semblance to humanity, instead looking like robots (which, ironically, Mikazaki is going to become). I know some people moan and groan about how guys like Heero and Kira take fatalities too seriously, but I want those characters more than Mikazakis and Setsunas, who can kill entire platoons without batting an eye. The rest of the characters also don't develop properly, likely due to an issue of there being a feeling that you shouldn't really accept them deeply with a fear of them being offed. Also, the villains aren't at all compelling. Gjallahorn is merely an oppressive front with little emphasis towards the end about those who were part of it that wanted to go a different, somehow even more sadistic, direction.

To me Mika gives the impression that war is his job and something he does because he has to. He's always so cold and distant about it. Although that psycho guy who piloted the Guison seems to be a foreshadowing. I think the Aliya-Vigianya (idk) system eventually drives the pilots insane. After all, has to be a reason the Gundams were discontinued after the Calamity War - so maybe the pilots going psycho is why?
    Oh Yeah I see what you mean I guess that dose make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

@Vulcanos I'm guessing you drop the show before the Akihro and Biscuit episodes, because they do get Character development and were pretty human. Not trying to start arguments but that my Impression of the characters, very likable and related-able. ( like the 8th MS Team )
    Last edited by LION ZGM; May 31, 2016 at 5:28 PM.

Re: What don't you like about IBO?

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanos View Post
    I know I sound like a wuss when I also feel like Pokemon Adventures is too dark of a series (I mean... it's Pokemon with mindrape and murder),.
    Not to go off topic here but I loved adventures. I was tired of the anime and I really enjoyed Adventures because of the story and the fact that we aren't stuck with Ash forever.

The Gusion doesn't have the Alaya Vijnana, they only added that for the Rebake.
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/

Then how is the Guison a Gundam frame? I thought all Gundams had a dual reactor and Alaya Vijnana by default.

Go Jegan or go home.

Then how is the Guison a Gundam frame? I thought all Gundams had a dual reactor and Alaya Vijnana by default.
    I think only the Barbatos and Guison are the only ones who have that since astaroth doesn't have it ether, I think the during the first episode Yukinojo had to set up a Alaya Vijnana port for Mika, that why Orga and the others were buying time so that Mika could use it. I Don't think sunrise ever said all the Gundames needed a Alaya Vijnana system since the kimaris doesn't have one ether.