Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    Saw episode 2 as well. I'm really liking and Enjoying the series thus far. The Barbatos has definitely grown on me a lot. And Mikazuki is a great character. I love how "real" he is. He's been through the shit and knows what's what.

I also liked how they explained how user interface worked for the MS units. And it's pretty damn crazy how it works as well. And did anyone notice how it seemed that when the Barbatos fully activated that Mika's eyesight went from monitors, to what the Gundam was actually seeing through it's eye cameras?
    Yup. From the way they explained it, it's like a wired Zero System.

Administrator

Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Oprhans

Yup, can you imagine that pain that would have it? Not to he mention the strain on the mind and brain of the pilot.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

The name Barbatos, that of a demon, seems all the more appropriate right now. It's simply a machine of death and pain and nothing else, even harming the pilot who uses it. That could be said of every weapon, but it's just all the more blatant here. Hell, the pilot has to be a child! I'd bet real money that this will not end without Mika croaking in that cockpit. Like, people are mentioning the Zero system, so this is nothing NEW. But this seems like the kind of show that'd possibly fully commit to it.

Everyone is doomed, but I expect it to be one hell of a trip down.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

I'm a little curious about this series since it actually comes across as "Wing Done Right."

On the plus side, it's got nice choreography and a more believable cast than I've seen in other AU's. The downside is that Mari Okada is involved in this, and her work tends to have a rather dubious reputation.

There's only one way to know for certain; to see it through to the end!

Maryland or Arizona depending on the time of year

Quote Originally Posted by Narthan Hinshaw View Post
    I'm a little curious about this series since it actually comes across as "Wing Done Right."
    I've actually never heard that label for IBO, although to be perfectly honest there's not enough out yet to make this judgment. 00 is often described as that but opinions vary. IBO seems much different to any other Gundam series to be quite honest, and the closest I can even think of is ZZ but even that's a stretch.

Anyway, I love the atmosphere and the story telling. I like how Kudelia's not necessarily ignorant of her involvement in things although she's ignorant of the people she's trying to represent and I really like seeing Mikazuki call her out on that.

Also, making them illiterate is a nice touch to show how bad things have gotten for children on Mars - rather than sort of tell you that it's bad (like every other Gundam series has a tendency to do) they give you a very down-to-earth way of showing this. I think it's actually a brilliant touch to make Mikazuki illiterate simply because that's something me (as a member of the audience) takes for granted so I can actually understand it. Just the fact that they didn't learn to read from their parents or from school or anything is enough, on top of showing some child prostitution and things to that extent. It actually paints a bleak atmosphere.

Also enjoying how the main cast is fighting for just their own survival and not necessarily a political cause. I think the only other Gundam I can think of with characters purely fighting to survive is early 0079 and early SEED, but the "brothers in arms" vibe is one that I love seeing in general. I'm excited to see Orga's rebellion in the coming episodes.

I love the show so far along with the story. I just hope the suits get more interesting. Barbatos has grown on me, I wasn't the biggest fan of the design at first. For the Graze and other suits.... Just so plain and boring looking, they remind me of the Kotobukiya Frame Arms.

Just watched the third ep.
    So Orga and the others take over CGS, and we do get a fight between Crank and Mikazuki.
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/

Super Moderator

I found myself hoping the 3rd episode would end already. Kind of getting bored of this series. Nothing is really happening. And the more i watch the fight scenes, the more i'm reminded of Broken Blade, and scenes from when the Exia fights. It kind of makes me thing they used the cg models for the exia and and just put new cells on it.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    I found myself hoping the 3rd episode would end already. Kind of getting bored of this series. Nothing is really happening. And the more i watch the fight scenes, the more i'm reminded of Broken Blade, and scenes from when the Exia fights. It kind of makes me thing they used the cg models for the exia and and just put new cells on it.
    We're only an 8th of the way through the show. Still basically being in the set up/introduction to these characters and setting makes perfect sense. And they're going to space next episode, or at least seems like they're about it.

I understand how seasonal viewing makes every episode somehow it's own thing disconnected from the entire story and thus strews up our own perception of the story and makes people judge a show too quickly. But I'd really recommend having a little patience. Like, with the show itself, or if you're not feeling it now... wait til the show is done and then watch it in bigger chunks of it/marathon it so it feels more connected as a second chance.

I just really don't get how people can KNOW how they feel about a show by a single episode or two or just a trailer/preview images. These aren't stand alone shorts. They're part of a larger story you haven't you seen through to the end yet. Nobody really knows jack about this show yet, really.

And I'm really not talking about you. Or just about this show.

I just mean like to everybody that just and lot of shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post

I understand how seasonal viewing makes ever episode somehow it's own thing disconnected from the entire story and thus strews up our own perception of the story and makes people judge a show too quickly. But I'd really recommend having a little patience. Like, with the show itself, or if you're not feeling it now... wait til the show is done and then watch it in bigger chunks of it/marathon it so it feels more connected as a second chance.
    This is basically me watching Attack on Titan, first time I watched it as it was released and thought it was slow; I recently marathon-watched it, and I didn't feel that anymore.

Also did anyone else notice that the rich dude that appears in the OP (after the fight scenes) looks like Fellini?
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/

A few episodes is a good indicator of a general feel when it comes to pacing, usually.

That said I'm so far kinda with squee to be honest. The show just isn't grabbing me yet, most series have even with ones I don't like at the end have by now. Idk its not that I think its bad, hell I like allot of the ideas the series has just not huge on the execution so far. Also not big on most characters, aside from biscuit, orga, and to my surprise kudellia as I typically am not into gundam princess' barring some exceptions here and there, out of the main characters so far.

Still gonna watch it, but I'm not really impressed outside of animation quality and fight scenes (again with squeen giving me an exia vibe never seen break blade so can't speak to that, but that isn't a bad thing for me). And while I like the ideas the series has I hope it does better with them over time. Its early you're right so it has plenty of time to get better.

Barbados design is growing on me.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno this is just my take on things, not good not bad just kinda there so far.

Either way its not what I expected as a whole so at least theres that so far.

But yeah, I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record. It just bugs me extra about this place in particular since it is a GUNDAM forum. It's the unifying subject of this community. And basically if we don't have some patience with the continuing life blood of the franchise, then we're just gonna end up stuck in past. We'll just be talking about the same 3 decade old shows (or our favorite AU), repeating ourselves, stagnating further and further. And that just doesn't seem healthy as a community.

Though yeah, I'm saying this as somebody who was a little disappointed in this episode. Basically, I wanted Crank to stay around longer so we could explore him more as a character.

I think you're kind of exagrating...especially since the majority here seem to enjoy it at least the ones who come in here and discuss.

Also just because someone doesn't enjoy something fully doesn't mean they can't discuss it...look at Dom and I we don't like gsd but we can discuss that stuff for ever I bet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    I think you're kind of exagrating...especially since the majority here seem to enjoy it at least the ones who come in here and discuss.

Also just because someone doesn't enjoy something fully doesn't mean they can't discuss it...look at Dom and I we don't like gsd but we can discuss that stuff for ever I bet lol.
    Yeah, I could literally write essays worth of material on Destiny and how feel about it, kek.

I haven't watched the last episodes, I think I'll wait and watch em in packs of five or six to get better grip on the plot.

I am liking it, but I know I am a very patient watcher, and I neither need plots to be slow or fast to enjoy it, I am liking all the characters and I feel that people need more realistic attitudes when viewing well anything I mean everyone pretty much knew Crank was gonna die, attaching on to that character and day dreaming of the expanse of his character was just foolish, look at the writing style of any mainstream gundam series and look at the path this show is taking it only makes sense. We got no background info, a hand full of lines and he interacted with pretty much 1 other character.