Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Oprhans

For all those arguing the 25 vs. 50, I'm going to respond as a teacher... Whenever a student asks "How long does it have to be?" My answer is always the same: "As long as it NEEDS to be." I just want them to use all the available time to tell all the story.

Sitting on a beach, watching the colonies drop.

Hey Guess whose back! I've been busy with college and an upcoming move but I finally have time to model again!

But on to the topic, I saw the first episode recently and I loved it, personally I thought the entrance of the grunt suits were awesome, and actually managed to be an intimating enemy despite the record of most of gundam's grunts... Also, am I the only one who got an attack on titan-esk vibe from the tone of the show? In just a kind of "Oh lord all these people are going to die? Aren't they?" kinda way
    Would a group of Chars be a Charmada?
    Stuff I Made! http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...ed-kits-thread

Saw the first episode immediately when it got subbed on Daisuki and I have to say, this firs episode was pretty great. Was a good overall introduction to the world and character yet left me intrigued with certain elements. I really wonder what was up with Mika and Orga in that flashback, or what this Child Solider organization is even doing.
    Biggest 00 fanboy you'll ever meet.

I kind of get a Zone of the Enders vibe from it. Mars is wanting independence (from what I can gather), the little tanks feel like LEVs, the grunt Mobile Suits are like mass-produced Orbital Frames (Raptors, Mummies, etc.), and the Gundams will be the single-production Orbital Frames (Jehuty, Anubis, Ardjet, Nephtis, Idolo, Dolores, etc.) That is just my take on it, as I am sure that somewhere, sometime, someone is going to say that they are a human being and not a Martian or a Earthling (loosely quoting James Links from Dolores, i).

So far I like it!!!
    "The best way to remove your lies is to make them real" ~ Suzaku Kururugi

So I was just doing some reading, and apparently all of the Gundams featured in this series are named after demons from a book called Ars Goetia. Heck, this even goes to the name of the reactor (the Ahab Reactor). According to the book, Ahab, who was once a king of Israel, was said to be worship the first demon Baal. Additionally, the book list 72 demons that one could try to summon & control to their whim, and there 72 Gundam frames in this series. Then there's also the names of the Gundams. The name Barbatos is derived from the Latin word "barbatus" which means "bearded, old man." According to Ars Goetia, Guison was described as looking like a baboon, while Kimaris is described as a "god-like warrior."

Although, this isn't the first time that Gundams have been named after the demons from this book. The Virsago and Ashtaron Gundams from Gundam X are named after Vassago and Astaroth, respectively. The RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex is named after... well Phenex. Then there's the Abigor MA from Victory Gundam.

There's other religious/mythology references in this series. The name "Gjallerhorn" is a reference to the horn that Heimdall would use to signal the beginning of Ragnarok. The surgical process that allows one to control an MS in this series, Alaya-Vijnana, is named after a Buddhist concept that houses the consciousness and accumulates all the potential energy for the mental and physical manifestation of one's existence.

Food for thought.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Fun fact to go with the gundam thing, the Druggies from seed last names also came from the Are Goetia.

Really? That is kind of interesting. Honestly I was kind of bored when I was reading about it and was typing my post in a bored tone.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Administrator

That is some really neat information Zeta. But it does make me wonder, are we going to get 72 HG kits of the Gundams from this series.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

I doubt they'll all appear in the series, maybe as MSVs, but in the series proper, especially if it ends up being 25 episodes only that'd be a bit of a stretch.

Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    Holy Sierra-Hotel-India-Tango! This may actually be the series that gets Gundam back on TV. On top of that, Bang Zoom Entertainment produces high quality dubs like IGPX and Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team. They're based out of LA, so they tend to get very good English VA's.
    Last edited by Zeta; October 9, 2015 at 6:26 PM.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Finally got a chance to watch the first episode, man all I've got to say is that it looks like it's going to be an excellent series!
    Oh well. What ever happens, happens.

What ever you're looking for, it's always in the last place you look.

Just a few scattered thoughts.

Oh my SU-Cord, Crank is definitely my favorite character so far. He's looking to be very sympathetic, heroic even. I just hope he doesn't die next episode. He feels very much like Ramba Ral and I mean that as a good thing. He doesn't want to fight children and it was awesome seeing him carry the damaged mobile suit of his comrade in his arms as he retreated.

Biscuit's sisters are named Cookie and Cracker. That is adorable.

Can "You told me that you wanted to die smothered in large breasts!" be the new meme a la "the world is not square"?

Also, just like with G Reco, the subs are total garbage with some errors and really awkward lines. I'm glad we're getting a dub.

The ending theme is very pretty. I like it a lot.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

So, I may be slow, or spaced it out, or just finally dawned on me (again slow)

But the Gundam is controlled with Nanomachines...

Winds of Destruction Gundams when?

On a more serious note, enjoyed this episode a bit more, I'm with Riah on Crank, and Biscuit's Sister's names were adorable.