Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Re: Gundam Iron-Blooded Oprhans

^That's the reason i think he was the pilot of the Gundam. First thing i noticed when i saw those things. Just finished watching the episode, i was going to hold off, but it was pretty entertaining. It started off a bit boring, but once the tone set in that hey, anyone can die in this, i was hooked!

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Well I watched it finally (been busy most of the day messing around in Destiny so haven't had time) I don't have any strong opinions one way or the other, seems a good chunk of the episode was a bit of exposition and introduction which well it's the first episode it's kinda to be expected here and there, the animation as nice, as where the fight scenes, I don't have to deal with anti war civilians early on, which is kinda nice, been wanting a series focusing on a PMC for awhile still child soldiers, but I'll take what I can get especially since that route can be interesting in and of it's self, only 00 Really touched on it, and it was mostly after math with Setsuna.

Soundtrack was also great mainly the spanish guitar parts (Ace Combat Zero vibes), and while I'm not big on the gundam it's self, the fight intro was nice, like the Glaze or Graze or whatever the Ghorn (Gonna steal that term from Destiny as well) grunt is called. Also the people running the PMC (IE the first group) were dicks, Biscuit owned them, earned him the top spot so far from the first episode's running. (That and he's a fat kid that's called Biscuit...I mean come on, and I can laugh at that, I'm slightly on the portly side my self)

- - - Updated - - -

Either way it should be interesting to see where it goes I guess. I just hope there's more tanks, but they'll likely get ROFL stomped at every turn.

It seems like the general consensus here is that everyone seems to like this series so far. Well then, let's hope it can keep up this momentum. I'm surprised Zeta-G hasn't chimed in on his opinions of the show (unless he hasn't seen the first episode).
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    It seems like the general consensus here is that everyone seems to like this series so far. Well then, let's hope it can keep up this momentum. I'm surprised Zeta-G hasn't chimed in on his opinions of the show (unless he hasn't seen the first episode).
    Especially funny when it seemed like most people wheren't even going to give it a chance, then again, so far I've seen the people who weren't nay saying in the other thread here, none of the preemptive nay sayers really so far.

Administrator

I think it might have been ZRC that posted a translation from the Barbatos Manual, but Mika was said to go through some sort of operation 3 different times, and lived. So I'm guessing, that operation has something to do with the interface of the machines.

Anyways, I really liked the Pilot episode. I like how Mika isn't played off as some whiney teenager, he's a soldier that has been through the shit and knows how the world is. From how he treated the "princes". Cause he definitely knew that she was in a class way above him. And Argo's battle strategies are pretty nice, I was impressed and certainly not expecting how they introduced the Barbatos. Bursting through the ground at the last second, very nice.

And after seeing this episode, I want a Barbatos kit. I'll just wait for the MG.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    I think it might have been ZRC that posted a translation from the Barbatos Manual, but Mika was said to go through some sort of operation 3 different times, and lived. So I'm guessing, that operation has something to do with the interface of the machines.

Anyways, I really liked the Pilot episode. I like how Mika isn't played off as some whiney teenager, he's a soldier that has been through the shit and knows how the world is. From how he treated the "princes". Cause he definitely knew that she was in a class way above him. And Argo's battle strategies are pretty nice, I was impressed and certainly not expecting how they introduced the Barbatos. Bursting through the ground at the last second, very nice.

And after seeing this episode, I want a Barbatos kit. I'll just wait for the MG.
    I'll be waiting on what you'll do with that kit. Most of your works are really impressive.

Interesting show, Thinking we will see a tonne more Gundam next ep.

Not to open an old wound but after the first episode of the last series I watched (G-Reco), I was kind of like ok...it's gonna pick up. At the end of this episode I feel like I just took 3 scoops of pre-workout. So amped for the next episode!

Some disappointing news, according to this article from ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...pisodes/.93827, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans is listed as 25 episodes long. That being said, the potential for a second season hasn't been ruled out, so we could see a 50-episode series just split into two seasons like Gundam 00.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

From what I read translated from promotional materials is its supported to be 50 split up.

Source is admittedly dubious, but lol is ANN really much different?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    From what I read translated from promotional materials is its supported to be 50 split up.

Source is admittedly dubious, but lol is ANN really much different?
    I guess. ANN is usually my go-to source for anime news in general, and they have a good batting average (baseball analogy) when comes to accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess we really don't know until we know for sure. So until then, we keep watching what I hope is a good (perhaps great) Gundam show.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Super Moderator

I hope its 25 episodes. It doesn't really feel like a series that would benefit from a second season. Has a broken blade feel to it.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

If it is just planed for 25, I hope it gets 25. If it is planned for 50, I hope it gets 50. I don't want yet another case (Gundam X, the original Mobile Suit Gundam, G Reco, etc.) where a show ends up shorter than it was supposed to be and suffers for it. Plus, I could see problems with getting an extra season after the initial story is already wrapped up. I just want Okada and Nagai to be able to tell their story the best they can, no matter the length
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

this series is so much better in terms or artwork and plot then the previous series where I only remember G~! G~! G~! by a gal

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser90EK View Post
    Not to open an old wound but after the first episode of the last series I watched (G-Reco), I was kind of like ok...it's gonna pick up. At the end of this episode I feel like I just took 3 scoops of pre-workout. So amped for the next episode!
    I don't see this as another G-Reco either, just looking stuff up about G-Reco before it even aired I figured it was gonna be okay at best. Iron Blooded Orphans looked great, and the first episode did not disappoint.

Also as long as it is done right it can be as many episodes as it wants IMO. The only problem with 00 being split was that it felt like they made season 1 with the intent to end it, or continue it (based on ratings) and that hurt the writing and feel to the finale as well as all of season 2 because they could have tied in more of season 2 into season 1.