Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast

Get it off your chest

Unpopular opinion? Voice it here!

Unicorn gundam/ banshee look like garbage.

Gundam seed and seed destiny are stupid and so are the majority of the mobile suits.

Hyakushiki is ugly.

SD/BB are SHAMEFUL.

Whew that felt good.

Re: Get it off your chest

Quests Paraya doesn't deserve the level of hate she gets.

Char Aznable was a terrible human being and has been that way since day one.

All the Zabis other than Giren deserve nice things, especially Degwin.

Ghinius Sakhalin is far more complex a character than people give him credit for, and isn't pure evil.

Norris Packard as a character is boring as fuck.

Shiro Amada is a creep and probably smells like feet.

Anavel Gato is ridiculous, thus making him very entertaining (though he's also a pretty crappy person).

Victory's mecha designs are love and life.

Kamile is a magical creature.

Some of these will probably make some people mad but oh the hell well. They're my opinion anyways so IDGAF.

Greco was the best Gundam show since 2000.

Garma is the best Zabi. (Best looking too)

00 Season 2 isn't as bad as people seem to hate on it for. (S1 is still better IMO)

00 Movie isn't horrible either just subpar.

Nanai was better than Lalah

Crossbone Vanguard Designs are some of the best things in the Franchise (talking about the ones in F91 and the F91 era mangas not the Pirates)

Impulse is better than Strike

Unless it's a Strike with the IWSP pack

Gundam X is the best 90's Gundam (Nostalgia for G aside)

Only good AC is G Unit

Graham Aker was still the best Character even when he went 'MUH SAMURAI WAYS' in S2 Sergei Smirnov was a close second

Amuro should have gotten the G3 upgrade even in the show

Origin didn't need to be animated (went there, as nice as it is, we don't need more OYW and this is coming from me)

Dozle Did nothing wrong

I like a lot of Katokis designs (including Wing)

I like God over Shining.

Seed Destiny was a mistake.

Zeta is better than 0079.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Zeta is better than 0079.
    I was going to put that there, but didn't think it was controversial enough TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    I was going to put that there, but didn't think it was controversial enough TBH.
    Eh, its my honest believe. Dont care if its controversial or not.

Eh, its my honest believe. Dont care if its controversial or not.
    Hell it's one I share.

Super Moderator

Zeta Gundam (the show) is overhyped. The actual Zeta gundam is an ugly POS.

00 Gundam is lame.

G Gundam isn't a real gundam show.

Seed/destiny isn't that bad. People seem to forget that any main character has plot armor. Still don't like the SF, but that's because i prefer the regular Freedom. I am in no way saying its a great show, its just not as bad as many say.

Gunpla IS NOT freedom. This saying is one of the worst things to happen to this hobby imo. Its a catch all that people say when they want to be lazy builders.

The best thing to come out of the Build shows was the bearguy. Generally the main suits look like crap.
    Beginning G, Burning, Build strike, etc. BLEH

Here's where i really sound like a snobby modeler:

If you built a gundam kit when you were younger, it doesn't really count. If its been 10 years since you ripped the parts off with your hands or, with a set of nail clippers, you're not getting into the hobby again... you're getting into the hobby now.

If you haven't done the modeling technique yourself. Seriously, don't give out advice. My feelings are, if you can't show me a piece of your work where you've done this, you're just going on hearsay.

I absolutely HATE when someone asks for help, and then doesn't give any sort of thank you. I can't tell you how many times ive gotten pm's asking me questions, and never a thank you, or even a thanks when they post their work. I always make an effort to reference any person that helps me. Generally, if someone asks me a question now, and i don't bother responding, this is why. lol

Why do a really nice glossy or metallic paintjob, and then leave a seam line. Nothing is more distracting than bad prep work.

I have more but these are the ones that come to mind right now lol
    Last edited by Squee; September 23, 2015 at 4:55 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

I think gold painted on literally any mobile suit looks terrible. Actually ANY metallic color scheme looks bad on MS model kits...
    Last edited by Nbh; September 23, 2015 at 5:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post

00 Gundam is lame.

Seed/destiny isn't that bad. People seem to forget that any main character has plot armor. Still don't like the SF, but that's because i prefer the regular Freedom. I am in no way saying its a great show, its just not as bad as many say.

Gunpla IS NOT freedom. This saying is one of the worst things to happen to this hobby imo. Its a catch all that people say when they want to be lazy builders.

The best thing to come out of the Build shows was the bearguy. Generally the main suits look like crap.
    Beginning G, Burning, Build strike, etc. BLEH

Here's where i really sound like a snobby modeler:

If you built a gundam kit when you were younger, it doesn't really count. If its been 10 years since you ripped the parts off with your hands or, with a set of nail clippers, you're not getting into the hobby again... you're getting into the hobby now.

If you haven't done the modeling technique yourself. Seriously, don't give out advice. My feelings are, if you can't show me a piece of your work where you've done this, you're just going on hearsay.

I absolutely HATE when someone asks for help, and then doesn't give any sort of thank you. I can't tell you how many times ive gotten pm's asking me questions, and never a thank you, or even a thanks when they post their work. I always make an effort to reference any person that helps me. Generally, if someone asks me a question now, and i don't bother responding, this is why. lol

Why do a really nice glossy or metallic paintjob, and then leave a seam line. Nothing is more distracting than bad prep work.

I have more but these are the ones that come to mind right now lol
    Damn man those are some really contreversal ones.

the Zeta one rustles my jimmies (design mostly I can see why someone wouldn't like the show and I love it honestly) but I can see why one wouldn't like it, to each their own.

The no thanks for help one just seems like common courtesy one I share for help on other things since I'm not in the hobby my self.

Super Moderator

I should add, that i will always answer a question, but if i don't get a thanks at the very least, i'll ignore any future contact lol

I didn't say i don't like the show. I said it's overhyped. Many consider it to be the best show to come out of UC.

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Damn man those are some really contreversal ones.

the Zeta one rustles my jimmies (design mostly I can see why someone wouldn't like the show and I love it honestly) but I can see why one wouldn't like it, to each their own.

The no thanks for help one just seems like common courtesy one I share for help on other things since I'm not in the hobby my self.
    Saying thanks requires ABSOLUTELY NO effort. I guess some people are rude by nature.

Saying thanks requires ABSOLUTELY NO effort. I guess some people are rude by nature.
    Pretty much.

I should add, that i will always answer a question, but if i don't get a thanks at the very least, i'll ignore any future contact lol

I didn't say i don't like the show. I said it's overhyped. Many consider it to be the best show to come out of UC.
    Ah my bad on that. Yeah I can see it being overhyped, hell it's my favorite series, but I'll be the first to admit it has it's fair share of quirks, I just happen to like most of them for some reason.

00 Gundam is lame.

Well, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

the main suits look like crap.
    Beginning G, BLEH
    KILL HIM!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker Combatman View Post
    Well, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
    Hence the point of the topic.