Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Re: Get it off your chest

I like both the Federation and zeon and both have their shitty parts.

Come at me people. No but for real I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    I like both the Federation and zeon and both have their shitty parts.

Come at me people. No but for real I do.
    This desu Senpai

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    This desu Senpai
    That moment when the 4Chan filter follows you around.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I'm also fine with the absurd amount of RX-78 variants especially full armor.

SCREW THE FEDDIES! !

But I will not complain about all the rx variants considering how many of me there are. I just wish more of both of us made it to plastic. I need more gundams to fight. Even the GMs I wish I had a MG GM sniper to duke it out with.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

I like Earth Alliance grunts over ZAFT ones. Especially in Destiny. Dagger L, Slaughter Dagger, Wild Dagger, Windam>>>>>>NotZakus and Not Goufs.

I like Earth Alliance grunts over ZAFT ones. Especially in Destiny. Dagger L, Slaughter Dagger, Wild Dagger, Windam>>>>>>NotZakus and Not Goufs.
    You had me until Windam that thing has to be the ugliest grunt in franchise history IMHO.

Aside from that yeah, pure blue suits>coordinator scum.

You had me until Windam that thing has to be the ugliest grunt in franchise history IMHO.

Aside from that yeah, pure blue suits>coordinator scum.
    >Windam
    >not cool

You take that back.

No infact I'll do the opposite, and point out every niggle I have with it.

-The Shoulders, are absurdly huge, and this is coming from someone who likes huge shoulders I love the qubeley and it has enough shoulders that I'm sure stacked on end, the shoulders span would be as long as the victory is tall, but here they look so out of place it's not funny, they're just two squished bricks that sit awkwardly on spindle arms. Big shoulders are nice but do something with the,

-Speaking of squished, it's head, it's head looks like someone took a mallet to the Dagger's and then pop a huge V-fin on it. The head might not be horrible if it wasn't for a V-fin that is probably longer than most if not all Gundam V-fins within the CE. It just looks out of place. It's like putting the Spirt of Ecstasy on the hood of a G-Wiz. It's just absurd.

-It's Legs. My god people flip Katoki crap for thin legs, but then these come around, and take the cake, worse yet, the Side thrusts, seem to have missed the Memo, as did the feet, which seem to have gotten the skinny memo, but remained hugely long. There's also the weird bend on the shins, I don't like that really it's not abhorent, but it is a small detail I don't like. The arms suffer from the same issue, but it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the giant blocks

Seriously the one Redeeming thing I have to say about it's design is the Torso, the Torso is nice, but that's because it's ripped mostly from the strike.

Now I wouldn't hate on it that much if it wasn't for the fact that every other Earth alliance MP design looks amazing, The Dagger, the Slaughtter Dagger, the N Dagger N, the MP Side of the Forbidden family (Well The Vortex, the Blue was pretty ugly as well). I mean it just sticks out like a sore thumb, and this is before getting to how good the EA gundams looked.

Of which only three ZAFT gundams really look better (Other ones are either just as good IE the Saviour or are just not as cool IMO), the Gaia the Impulse, and the Providence.

That's my annoying opinion on the matter.

No infact I'll do the opposite, and point out every niggle I have with it.

-The Shoulders, are absurdly huge, and this is coming from someone who likes huge shoulders I love the qubeley and it has enough shoulders that I'm sure stacked on end, the shoulders span would be as long as the victory is tall, but here they look so out of place it's not funny, they're just two squished bricks that sit awkwardly on spindle arms. Big shoulders are nice but do something with the,

-Speaking of squished, it's head, it's head looks like someone took a mallet to the Dagger's and then pop a huge V-fin on it. The head might not be horrible if it wasn't for a V-fin that is probably longer than most if not all Gundam V-fins within the CE. It just looks out of place. It's like putting the Spirt of Ecstasy on the hood of a G-Wiz. It's just absurd.

-It's Legs. My god people flip Katoki crap for thin legs, but then these come around, and take the cake, worse yet, the Side thrusts, seem to have missed the Memo, as did the feet, which seem to have gotten the skinny memo, but remained hugely long. There's also the weird bend on the shins, I don't like that really it's not abhorent, but it is a small detail I don't like. The arms suffer from the same issue, but it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the giant blocks

Seriously the one Redeeming thing I have to say about it's design is the Torso, the Torso is nice, but that's because it's ripped mostly from the strike.

Now I wouldn't hate on it that much if it wasn't for the fact that every other Earth alliance MP design looks amazing, The Dagger, the Slaughtter Dagger, the N Dagger N, the MP Side of the Forbidden family (Well The Vortex, the Blue was pretty ugly as well). I mean it just sticks out like a sore thumb, and this is before getting to how good the EA gundams looked.

Of which only three ZAFT gundams really look better (Other ones are either just as good IE the Saviour or are just not as cool IMO), the Gaia the Impulse, and the Providence.

That's my annoying opinion on the matter.
    Legs I can agree on, Okawaras Seed legs suck, plain and simple.
    Rest, eh. Doesn't bother me.
    I think it's fine(better than NotZaku ) not great but fine.

Oh yeah his seed legs are bad.

That said I personally while I don't dislike his seed designs I like a few of them to say the least, I think he peaked with X for the most part. Its a shame that out of his 90s work that more attention is paid to the Wing Gundams (which are some of his weakest work as a whole IMO)

I like some Okawaras Seed designs, but the likes of Strike, Impulse etc are infinitely better looking when drawn by someone else. Good example would be the MGs of the Destiny Gundams, all of them looked pretty bad to be quite honest till they got reworked into models.

I like some Okawaras Seed designs, but the likes of Strike, Impulse etc are infinitely better looking when drawn by someone else. Good example would be the MGs of the Destiny Gundams, all of them looked pretty bad to be quite honest till they got reworked into models.
    Exactly. That's how I am with most of his work.

Good Designer with his concepts and such, but as an artist...not so much.

i gotta agree with ZRC on that thing. kill it with fire. i like the strike gundam most out of anything from seed and its direct MP version. the not me could use a lot of work in the proportions and general vibe department but i think they have potential. id like to see the guy who did the 0080 designs (forgot his name) to do a complete redesign of it. if it had a UC feel to it i might love it. one of these days i might get a 1/100 of it (i think they make one) and mod it the fuck up. to lhave a UC feel to it.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Exactly. That's how I am with most of his work.

Good Designer with his concepts and such, but as an artist...not so much.
    Pretty much. Katoki is kinda the opposite, his an amazing artist, but he seems to kinda lack the understanding of how his mechanics work. Wing Gundams a good example (where the hell WZC gets its thrust if there are no visible thrusters on the damn thing, where does the Doper Gun eject the spent shell cases since it seems to lack an ejection port all together. ) Things like that.......I love the guy but he could think a bit more how things actually work.

Pretty much. Katoki is kinda the opposite, his an amazing artist, but he seems to kinda lack the understanding of how his mechanics work. Wing Gundams a good example (where the hell WZC gets its thrust if there are no visible thrusters on the damn thing, where does the Doper Gun eject the spent shell cases since it seems to lack an ejection port all together. ) Things like that.......I love the guy but he could think a bit more how things actually work.
    Yeah I agree.

That said as a whole his wing designs as rubbish, Sans the Tallgeese I and II. Aside from that not a fan really.