Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Re: Get it off your chest

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Even though I'm a massive V2boo, I'm gonna agree.

Seriously who can argue with it.

Also Amytheyst Victory Gundam was the best thing to come out of Try. (I wish i could say full cloth animated was but well it wasn't Should have been FC Vs. Tryon instead of that other team but oh well.)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and here's another hot Opinion for everyone.

Jamil's both the best Amuro and the best char rolled into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post

Seriously who can argue with it.

Also Amytheyst Victory Gundam was the best thing to come out of Try. (I wish i could say full cloth animated was but well it wasn't Should have been FC Vs. Tryon instead of that other team but oh well.)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and here's another hot Opinion for everyone.

Jamil's both the best Amuro and the best char rolled into one.
    Man, I forgot about the Second Victory. Agreed, that thing is way sexier than the V2.

As for the Jamil comment, I would definitely agree he is the best Char clone, tho I never thought of him as an Amuro clone. I guess you are right tho, when you think about it. I would definitely say he is the best Amuro in that case.

Yeah in the war he was pretty much amuro in terms of hismroll, then things happened and became quattro ish, with a bit of Amuro in there still CCA/Zeta Amuro just hints of it. In general he's one of the better characters not just in X but the franchise IMO.

Lancerow kinda was the reverse 0079 char into Zeta Amuro come the time the series took place.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah second victory is awesome seriously the novelization seems better just because of it alone. Plus has all the wings of light shenanigans of the v2.

Hmm, yup, I guess Jamil really is the best Amuro and the best Char in that case.

BTW, who is the worst Amuro and the worst Char in your opinion ZRC? I would say Flit is the worst Amuro and Chronicle Asher from Victory is the worst Char, tho Chronicle if I remember right isnt that Char-like.

Yeah chronicle just has a mask wouldn't say he's super char like. Same with say Schwartz.

As for worse amuro...idk. Worse char? Neo by a land slide.

How come you didn't like Neo? I personally liked him, I am even partly basing my A-Laws PC from the 00 RP on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    How come you didn't like Neo? I personally liked him, I am even partly basing my A-Laws PC from the 00 RP on him.
    On his own he was a meh character wasn't fond of his personality was it particularly horrible? No not really he could be manipulative and mysterious well enough but hell...so could Rau.

Factor in the twist, and yeah just kinda sealed the deal.

So Rau being a much better SEED Char clone is why you don't like Neo?

Rau is one of my favorite Chars BTW, I think just about everyone feels that way right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Nanai was better than Lalah
    I didn't see this in your original post, but I wholeheartedly agree. Lalah was way too much of a Mary Sue character, nearly as bad as Lacus. Nanai felt much more real, and much more compatible for Char.

Honestly? Rau isn't super high on the list either his crazy was amusing but aside from that, eh. (Even from his own show I liked Azreals brand of crazy allot more) Honestly aside from a few not overly fond of Char clones as a whole most are just there to me rau kinda falls on the edge between enjoy and just there.

And no I don't dislike Neo because Rau was a better char honestly I just don't like him, personality, his story, especially the twist, IMHO itd have been better if My either never 'died' or stayed dead. Plus he's just brainwashed...I like my masked villains to at least have their own goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Also nice that someone else agrees on the Nanai bit, wish she got more screen time and we saw more of her, hell Unicorn cameo would have made sense she never died.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I meant neither on that bit tablet posting ATM. I hate touch screens.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah allot of my distaste of Neo just stems from the fact I didn't like that he was mu took away from Mu's sacrifice in SEED which was one of the few times I felt impact from the show because I actually enjoyed Mu. There's more but that's the biggest factor if I'm gonna be blu t.

Super Moderator

Iron man painted gundam are ugly.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    I second this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker Combatman View Post
    I second this.
    third

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    Agreed.

How many times has someone you are assosiated with constantly confuse Mech anime in general with "Like Transformers?" or "He likes Transformers, right?"

If I hear that one more time I swear...

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto no Fan View Post
    How many times has someone you are assosiated with constantly confuse Mech anime in general with "Like Transformers?" or "He likes Transformers, right?"

If I hear that one more time I swear...
    THIS. I've had two different relatives ask me what the difference between a Gundam and a Transformer is. One of them asked me TWICE! And there was another time when I found out that one of my relatives used to build model kits. I asked him if he would want to build Gunpla with me, and he said "I'm not really into that Transformer stuff."... I told him that they are not the same thing and then he said something like "Well they all look the same to me! I can't tell them apart.".

Another thing I try to tell a lot of people who think that Gundam and Transformers are the same thing is that Gundam started a few years before Transformers did, but they don't believe me and still try to insist that Gundam is a ripoff of Transformers. Now that I'm a bit more knowledgeable when it comes to Mecha anime, I'm also gonna have to tell them that Macross did the whole transforming robot thing before Transformers did, and that some of the old Transformers toys are remolds of some old Macross toys.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with one of the above posts that Jamil is indeed the best Amuro and the best Char. Don't get me wrong, I think Amuro and Char are good characters, but Jamil takes everything I like about them and puts them into one really awesome character.

I thought that the episode of Gundam X with the Newtype Dolphins was decent.

Ramba Ral, while having a likable personality, is a flat character who should've had more screen time. Characters should not just be one or two personality traits. Characters should not be just a living personality.

Mu, Murrue, and Athrun were the only likable characters in SEED. Everyone else was either whiny or just really annoying.

Despite having a mostly crappy cast, I thought that SEED was at least watchable. SEED Destiny however, is the worst thing that the Gundam franchise has spawned (from what I've seen. I haven't watched every Gundam series yet.).

I absolutely hate how almost every Gundam series shoves romance in the viewer's face. Romance is one of the last things I want to see in a war drama. Gundam X is the only one that did it right, downplaying the romantic elements while still keeping it intact.

Speaking of romance, I also don't like how a lot of love interests only exist to get killed of in the most gruesome ways possible.

The elitism of a very large chunk of the Gundam fandom is the thing I hate the most about Gundam fans. I'd rather not go into detail with it because I'm sure everybody here already knows what I'm talking about.

Now for Gunpla stuff.

This is less of an unpopular opinion, and more just me ranting, but I HATE how much stuff is winding up as P Bandai exclusives lately. It's especially annoying how many little addons that could've came with kits are P Bandai exclusive. Those Wings of Light probably costs Bandai very little to make, and yet they charge almost $20 for them! And they could've made the MG Jesta Cannon's cannons stand-alone parts, but instead you have to buy another MG Jesta with them, which drives up the price quite a bit.

I know a lot of people generally don't mind because of high shipping prices from Japan, but I can't stand how expensive kits from distributors are! I'm not paying nearly $30 for an HG that costs the equivalent of $12 in Japan. I know distributors have to cover their shipping costs somehow, but in a lot of cases, I can still order kits from Japan and pay less even with shipping! For crying out loud, this one comic shop I go to every now and then wants $450 for a PG 00 Raiser, which has been sitting in the shop since I first went there in 2010! It's covered in dust, along with a lot of the other pricey kits there...

I like Build Fighters, but I like it less than I should because it does give very unrealistic expectations of Gunpla, and the whole "GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!" thing is annoying. While I do believe that it's your Gunpla and you should do whatever you want with it, don't try to justify bad building/customizing. I especially hate it when "Gunpla is freedom!" is used in the wrong context.

Bandai needs to stop canceling releases of kits that a lot of people want. I would've loved to have an MG Zakutank, an MG Age 3, and an MG Age FX!

I really wish that Bandai would stop putting gates on wide/highly visible parts. The side of my HG Revive Guncannon is scratched beyond repair almost because of a really persistent nub. I have also accidentally gouged a couple parts with my nippers due to bad gate placement.

Maybe step back on the MG lead Gundams Bandai? I really want MGs of some other non-lead Gundams too. I think Bandai has forgotten that Setsuna isn't the only character in 00 and that the main antagonists of X also had Gundams.

We really just need more kits from X and G. I would absolutely love to have a Bertigo and a Death Army MS in kit form.

More MG Ver.2.0s please! There are so many old and horrifically outdated MGs.