Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Thread Was Deleted?

I do say, it seems as though my thread was deleted. It was "Bootleg/Rip-off Figure Search". Can someone explain why this is?

Re: My Thread Was Deleted?

Bootlegs aren't allowed in this forum, so that may be the reason why.
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/

Super Moderator

That is exactly the reason why. Read the rules please.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    That is exactly the reason why. Read the rules please.
    Does that include non-Bandai accessories like Kotobukiya's M.S.G? They're made for Frame Arms, but are obviously meant to also be used for and are used for accessories on 1/144 and 1/100 gunpla.
    Last edited by Riah; September 11, 2015 at 6:38 AM.
    "So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots? " - The Simpsons 167, The Itchy & Scratchey & Poochey Show

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    Does that include non-Bandai accessories Kotobukiya's M.S.G? They're made for Frame Arms, but are obviously meant to also be used for and are used for accessories on 1/144 and 1/100 gunpla.
    Those aren't bootlegs. They're made by Kotobukiya, they release the HMM Zoid kits. Bootlegs and copies of gundam models is a no no to talk about. Mostly because support Bandai and partially cause they suck.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Well, do you guys know some other Gundam forums where Bootlegs/Rip-offs/Knock-offs are allowed?

Most gunpla forums don't allow discussion of bootlegs.

My opinion is that preventing discussion on a topic only helps that topic propagate. Taboo subjects will always draw attention and being able to discuss bootlegs means people can openly tell others how buying them damages the industry and how poor quality the products are.

Despite my opinion, I'm on someone else's forums, they make the rules and while I can critique them, I also respect them, and you should too.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RAMIREN View Post
    Most gunpla forums don't allow discussion of bootlegs.

My opinion is that preventing discussion on a topic only helps that topic propagate. Taboo subjects will always draw attention and being able to discuss bootlegs means people can openly tell others how buying them damages the industry and how poor quality the products are.

Despite my opinion, I'm on someone else's forums, they make the rules and while I can critique them, I also respect them, and you should too.
    Totally agree. While i do not support bootlegs, i do understand that in some countries, that is pretty much the only thing many can afford. When buying a HG or MG from Bandai costs you an entire weeks paycheck, by all means, get the bootleg. While i don't mind 3rd party kits either, i do get a little annoyed that most of them are just plastic copies of existing resin kits, and none of the profit goes to the original designer. That is kind of a bootleggers mentality.

As for talking about them, there are existing topics that discuss third party and bootlegs, in the section that this guy posted in.

From a staff members point of view: Many people don't realize, but this site is owned by GundamStoreandMore. It would be detrimental to their sales to allow people to post bootlegs and their work as it looks bad on their part.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    From a staff members point of view: Many people don't realize, but this site is owned by GundamStoreandMore. It would be detrimental to their sales to allow people to post bootlegs and their work as it looks bad on their part.
    http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/coming-soon.html

Well, what do you know? Glad somebody helps keep the lights on, at least. I wonder how many people here use them.
    "So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots? " - The Simpsons 167, The Itchy & Scratchey & Poochey Show

Administrator

I shopped exclusively through GSaM for several years. More recently, newer competitors came along that had made it practical to shop around (plus GSaM has an unfortunate tendency to have delays between restocking and and getting new stock in).

I used to shop from GSAM exclusively, but frankly, they take forever to restock and to get new releases (fewer/slower shipments from Japan is how they keep prices low), and I'm impatient, so I mostly use HLJ these days. That said, I've never had less than absolutely stellar service from GSAM. If you don't mind the extra wait for restocks/new kits from Japan, GSAM is pretty hard to beat.
    Sieg Zeon!

Well, how the hell then am I supposed to find what I am looking for!?

You can't really. I mean, it's a bootleg action figure from 15 years ago. The chances of you actually finding it are slim to none.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
    I shopped exclusively through GSaM for several years. More recently, newer competitors came along that had made it practical to shop around (plus GSaM has an unfortunate tendency to have delays between restocking and and getting new stock in).
    same here. ive been buying from GSaM sense i was little. but the always out of stock thing kills them.

- - - Updated - - -

and i agree with not talking about boot legs on this forums for the reasons Squee mentioned. but i also agree id you just want the kit for some parts or something get a knockoff. it would be stupid to pay 60 bucks for a kit when all you need is the arms or head. or if its all you can get.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Here in the PH both BLs and Bandai kits are very easy to get, it isn't uncommon for one to have a mix of both in their collection (admittedly I have some BLs as well, the quality ranges from bad-like the HG Susanowo- to great, like the HG Unicorn -both destroy and unicorn modes-, although now I'm sticking to Bandai).
    My opinion of them is neutral really, if you want to buy it, then fine; it's your money.
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/