Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: National Gunpla Retail Store Database

sorry for not clarifying the city.

for all the bay area guys, what ever happened to sun entertainment in chinatown?

Plano,Tx : Madness games and comics

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/comm...ore_nashua_nh/

The Comic Store in Nashua NH sells a plethora of gunpla.

I'd ask to add Colpar Hobbies but it's already there! Might be worth mentioning that they're now referred to as "Colpar's Hobby Town West". (Edit: the lakewood store that is) They made the change about a year ago... Not sure why though.
    Also may be worth mentioning that their is a Hobby Town USA near Fort Collins. Nice place, been their a few times, have Gunpla on the back wall when you first walk in to the left.
    Last edited by A_Lurker; September 20, 2015 at 1:15 AM.
    Oh well. What ever happens, happens.

What ever you're looking for, it's always in the last place you look.

Thanks for your contributions, guys. They've been added and your contributions have been noted.
    Sieg Zeon!

It has Hobby Lobby in the list. YP does the same thing in my area, and I haven't seen Gunpla at a Hobby Lobby for at least 10 years (probably more like 12). So unless people want to verify which of these stores actually (still) carries Gunpla, I'm not going to add anything suggested by YP, because like I said before, they tend to suck at accurately finding Gunpla. In fact, it's the horrible inaccuracies of sites like YP that caused me to make this list in the first place, because I got tired of the false hope provided by them. Basically, this list needs to be accurate, and YP has a record of not being very accurate when it comes to Gunpla.

Bottom line, I'll only include the sites in the search query linked above if a member has visited the stores in question, or verified the presence of Gunpla via phone, email, the store's website, etc.

On a related note, if any of the sites already on the list permanently stop carrying Gunpla at some point in the future, notify me, and I'll strike them from the list. Please verify the discontinued status of Gunpla at the store with a manager before telling me to remove the store. Some of these stores are small and may have only temporarily run out of Gunpla, and we don't want to strike those stores, if they plan on getting more Gunpla in stock.
    Sieg Zeon!

I read somewhere that hobby lobby doesn't stock gundam because of the "horns"on the kits bearing resemblance to demons and hobby lobby being a Christian company. Dunno if there's any truth to that though.

Ha! Wouldn't surprise me, since Walmart refused to stock Deathscythe Hell toys for similar reasons.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nbh View Post
    I read somewhere that hobby lobby doesn't stock gundam because of the "horns"on the kits bearing resemblance to demons and hobby lobby being a Christian company. Dunno if there's any truth to that though.
    I guess that'd be logical, would make sense why they sell kits from other franchises (Star Wars, Star Trek, heck even Military armor vehicles.) which can and sometimes are just as violent as gundam can be.
    Oh well. What ever happens, happens.

What ever you're looking for, it's always in the last place you look.

Quote Originally Posted by Nbh View Post
    Good ole' wholesome Hobby Lobby, lol. I'm an atheist, so you'd never catch me in there to begin with, but someone should tell them they aren't horns, they're v-fins! There's a difference, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Plamobot View Post
    Ha! Wouldn't surprise me, since Walmart refused to stock Deathscythe Hell toys for similar reasons.
    Ironic, right? They won't stock a simple toy - a TOY - just because it has "hell" in its name, but yet you can buy guns and bullets in their stores. You know, things that are actually dangerous should they fall into...unstable hands.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Lurker View Post
    I guess that'd be logical, would make sense why they sell kits from other franchises (Star Wars, Star Trek, heck even Military armor vehicles.) which can and sometimes are just as violent as gundam can be.
    Yeah, so true! But you're forgetting something very important... *whispers* none of those have horns on their head! LMAO!
    Current Gunpla Projects: Launcher/Sword Strike updated 5/13/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/45905-XXXG-01H-s-Works-In-Progress

Finished Builds updated 5/12/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...Finished-Works

Next Gunpla Project: ?

"Is that a dick knife? All of my wut" - Zaku

In Long Island New York there is a place ToysDiva that I buy my kits from

Shreveport Louisiana: Hobby Town
    Bossier City Louisiana: 2nd and Charles (Very limited stock but they almost always have some pretty old kits.)

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

In Maryland we also have a Hobby works in Bel Air. They have most of the gumpla there.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Maryland or Arizona depending on the time of year

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    In Maryland we also have a Hobby works in Bel Air. They have most of the gumpla there.
    My parents live in Laurel now and there's a ton over in a Hobby Works there too. I can't remember anything from EC and I definitely was't into gunpla when I was growing up in Bel Air lol