Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

The truth about the Ez08 "Gundam"

One thing I find odd is how it's common place in most video games that feature it, it commonly gets higher Billing or ranking over the Ground Gundam but let's try to look at things a little objectively shall we?

So... The RX-79(G) is a cobbled together mobile suit that's a combination of spare Project V scraps and a basic Ground Assault GM correct?

So, knowing this we can safely assume the Ground Gundam is very roughly between the Ground GM and Gundam in performance.

So, later on Shiro's Gundam gets blown half to hell so they repair it... With what exactly? They don't have any more Project V parts and it's stressed at multiple points how short on supplies they are out in the boonies so, uhh.... How is whatever spare parts they had lying around Frankenstein'd together with his salvaged MS supposed to equal an even stronger Mobile Suit?

Re: The truth about the Ez08 "Gundam"

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto no Fan View Post
    One thing I find odd is how it's common place in most video games that feature it, it commonly gets higher Billing or ranking over the Ground Gundam but let's try to look at things a little objectively shall we?

So... The RX-79(G) is a cobbled together mobile suit that's a combination of spare Project V scraps and a basic Ground Assault GM correct?

So, knowing this we can safely assume the Ground Gundam is very roughly between the Ground GM and Gundam in performance.

So, later on Shiro's Gundam gets blown half to hell so they repair it... With what exactly? They don't have any more Project V parts and it's stressed at multiple points how short on supplies they are out in the boonies so, uhh.... How is whatever spare parts they had lying around Frankenstein'd together with his salvaged MS supposed to equal an even stronger Mobile Suit?
    I see your Logic and raise you Newtype Space Magic.

you would be absolutely right. but theres jsut somethings that cant be logicfied.

they say EZ8 is of greater performance because they say it is..
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

I think its because they gave it a beefier Reactor. Think about this. in the original Ground Gundam, you'll notice that it has only 1 vent and the other side is equipped with that ordinance pack. the GM Ground type doesn't have this (just like the EZ8) but it has a less than sturdier frame, though I think it had the aforementioned Beefier Engine due to it taking up all the torso instead of 3/4ths of it. So I think the EZ8 is a salvaged ground Gundam, which has a better frame and is more durable, but they gave it a GMs Reactor for better performance, seeing the EZ8 is not like the other Ground Gundams and is more GM in design...to a degree...

HOWEVER this is merely my theories and I could be wrong. But that could be a plausible deal...

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

From the Gundam wiki

The Gundam Ez8, despite being constructed largely of spare parts, was actually capable of a slightly higher performance than the existing RX-79[G] Gundam Ground Type. By removing the fixed weapons in the left side of the chest the Kojima Battalion engineers were able utilize the extra space to improve upon its power plant mechanism and boost reactor output, which gave the Gundam Ez8 a higher generator output, better propulsion, improved mobility, and superior overall performance. The Gundam Ez8's armor placement was also revised, giving it added protection around the cockpit block and chest, and around the ankles.
    Honestly I don't know how official any of that is, but the explaination makes enough sense that I can buy into it. Even without it, I always accepted that the engineering team that was given the remains of his busted up Ground Gundam found some ways to optimize its design during reconstruction. The Ground Gundam saw a fair amount of combat between its roll out and the point that the EZ8 was constructed, and so they likely were already aware of shortcomings in the design that could be factored out or improved upon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGzoFXdiamo
    Watch live Mondays at 12am (EST) on Hitbox | Watch archived on Destroy All Children
    This week: I bought a bunch of games on Steam, and I should probably play them. (Tron 2.0, Cook Serve Delicious, Enslaved, and a special MYSTERY GAME???)

Super Moderator

That info is straight from the official books on the machines used in it, that were written way before any wikis.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.