• The Force Awakens

2 5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031 LastLast

Re: Star Wars Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    O_O...Huh...This...This...

^What he said.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I'm not joking, I just added that picture cause it was funny :P

but seriously mind blown. It actually says that? No kidding! and no disrespect to ya Zeta but the novelization is canon right? (yes I know new canon is awful but it has its good moments :P)

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

I'm not joking, I just added that picture cause it was funny :P

but seriously mind blown. It actually says that? No kidding! and no disrespect to ya Zeta but the novelization is canon right? (yes I know new canon is awful but it has its good moments :P)
    It does in fact say that Rey learned her techniques from reverse mind-probing Kylo Ren (which you can see in the film as he visibly struggles to probe her mind a third time, right when she turns the tables on him). A good lesson I picked up from Lucasfilm Storygroup member Pablo Hidalgo is that novelizations act as expanded versions of the films or properties they derive from; if it wasn't mentioned in the film, you can most likely find it in the novelization.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I'll be damned. Didn't know that...once again Mind: Blown

lol

it all makes sense. Huh. Thanks for the info Zeta lol

with that out of the way now I must get back to my original thought: Namely if indeed what they intend for TLJ is to end the Jedi what do you guys think will be the heir to their legacy?

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

I'll be damned. Didn't know that...once again Mind: Blown

lol

it all makes sense. Huh. Thanks for the info Zeta lol

with that out of the way now I must get back to my original thought: Namely if indeed what they intend for TLJ is to end the Jedi what do you guys think will be the heir to their legacy?
    Don't know really. It could just be that Luke is being a bit of a cynic and Rey is going to snap him out of it. Without some sort of context or the full conversation, what he said doesn't really amount to much other than to act as an enticement for the next film. As Lor Sen Tekka (the old man seen at the beginning of The Force Awakens) said, "I've come too far and seen too much to ignore the despair within the Galaxy. Without the Jedi, there can be no balance in the Force."
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Fair point...Fair point. Plus the Jedi and their enemies (be it the Sith or the Knights of Ren) and their conflict have always been a crucial cornerstone within the Star Wars Lore so I am holding hope that Disney and/or whoever is in charge of the project does not write the Jedi off so easily.

Also, concerning Lor Sen Tekka. I understand that he was there as the vehicle to give poe the map to Skywalker...but is it just me or does anyone else think it was a waste of a potentially good character?

Sword Freak

Fair point...Fair point. Plus the Jedi and their enemies (be it the Sith or the Knights of Ren) and their conflict have always been a crucial cornerstone within the Star Wars Lore so I am holding hope that Disney and/or whoever is in charge of the project does not write the Jedi off so easily.

Also, concerning Lor Sen Tekka. I understand that he was there as the vehicle to give poe the map to Skywalker...but is it just me or does anyone else think it was a waste of a potentially good character?
    He was actually given a fair amount of characterization in one of the recent Star Wars comics (I forget which one though). Anyway Lor Sen Tekka was a member of an underground religious movement called The Church of the Force, where they collected and preserved various items related to the Jedi. After the Battle of Endor, he and Luke went on their own adventures, searching for and preserving various Jedi artifacts in order to rebuild the Jedi Order. Like I said, everything in the new Canon has a rhyme and reason to it... even if you can't see it yet. The only way you'll find the answers is by listening closely and expanding your horizons as you explore a Galaxy Far, Far Away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    I'm mildly optimistic towards TLJ, mostly cause JJ is not at the helm this time
    Honestly, I don't that it's very fair to lay all of The Force Awakens's problems all on J.J. Abrams. Directors direct, that's their job. Personally, I thought J.J. Abram's direction and cinematography were spot on for a Star Wars film. If you want someone to blame, blame the scriptwriters, or the story group members, or the executive producers, or a combination of all three.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

that and frankly given a choice between Lucas and Abrams...eh...I'm going to go ahead and say Abrams as the lesser of two evils (though I do like how he went back to practical effects for TFA, which made the movie look amazing when combined with the SF...which made both versions work in tandem and blended very well)

though really, I'd have opted for the Director who did Empire Strikes Back...don't deny it some of you would have went for him if he is still around :P

Sword Freak

I wish they would give us more info on snoke lol i'm so impatient
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Honestly, I don't that it's very fair to lay all of The Force Awakens's problems all on J.J. Abrams.
    True, but all of JJ's films wherein he tackles other properties tend to have rehash problems. That has me concerned for Ep IX, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, ever since I saw a caption describing golden-robed Snoke as "Freddy Krueger going out to get the morning paper," I'm going to have a really hard time not snickering whenever he pops up on screen in The Last Jedi.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

Thought some of you guys may get a kick out of this.
    Glorious Quadrajet Carb, folded over one bajillion times.

Impressive. Most impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

So I found something interesting about the Knights of Ren. According to the Aftermath novels, the Knights of Ren formed from the Acolytes of the Beyond, a cult of Sith worshipers that came about when the Empire collapsed.

Something else I found: apparently the First Order has their own form of the Imperial Royal Guards called the Praetorian Guards. However, since the First Order does not share the same goals or ideals as the Galactic Empire, they wouldn't have any need for royalty (as detailed in the recent Phasma novel). It can be assumed then that the Imperial remnants elected Snoke to the position of Supreme Leader. From this, we can draw the conclusion that Snoke acts like the Star Wars equivalent of the real world Roman Empire Praetor as commander of the First Order's army and as lead Magistrate/lawmaker of the First Order government. Therefore, in order to protect the Praetor, the order known as the Praetorian Guards were formed.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Yeah, and their armor looks really silly. I liked the old Crimson Guard better!
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

Quote Originally Posted by Plamobot View Post
    Yeah, and their armor looks really silly. I liked the old Crimson Guard better!
    Yea but I'm pretty sure these one will do more than just stand there

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

So there will be a new trailer tonight for The Last Jedi. It will air first on Monday Night Football, but I'm sure that a YouTube version will be uploaded shortly afterwards.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church