Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

View Poll Results: What's Your Favorite Star Wars movie

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Phantom Menance

    0 0%
  • Attack of the Clones

    1 2.63%
  • Revenge of the Sith

    4 10.53%
  • A New Hope

    5 13.16%
  • The Empire Striked Back

    24 63.16%
  • Return of the Jedi

    8 21.05%
  • The Force Awakens

    2 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233
Results 481 to 491 of 491
  1. #481
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in a Void behind Time and Space
    Posts
    19,398

    Re: Star Wars Thread

    Why not? They Jedi and Sith both have access to Force perception and future sight, being able to foresee the future isn't exactly an easy task. They're the Mortis Gods, a touch from the Brother brought Anakin and Ahsoka to the Dark Side, while a wave of the Father's hand banished the Dark Side from Anakin.

    Haven't seen anything to call BS on. Someone else better die though. Give me the dark ending I want.

    Lord of the 1/144 Corps

    Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen


  2. #482
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    6,956

    Re: Star Wars Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    Why not? They Jedi and Sith both have access to Force perception and future sight, being able to foresee the future isn't exactly an easy task. They're the Mortis Gods, a touch from the Brother brought Anakin and Ahsoka to the Dark Side, while a wave of the Father's hand banished the Dark Side from Anakin.

    Haven't seen anything to call BS on. Someone else better die though. Give me the dark ending I want.
    I mean, Kanan's dead. What more do you want? Like I said, I think that everyone's going to go their separate ways. Ezra will lead the Lothal Resistance, Sabine will head back to Mandalore, Hera will head back for Yavin IV with the Alliance, and Zeb... will do his own thing whether it is sticking with Hera or going back to his people. I foresee the finale this end on a bittersweet tone.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  3. #483
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in a Void behind Time and Space
    Posts
    19,398

    Re: Star Wars Thread

    More Sith.

    Lord of the 1/144 Corps

    Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen


  4. #484
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    6,956

    Re: Star Wars Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    More Sith.
    Ah but don't you know? "The first and only reality of the Sith: there can only be two."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just saw the finale to Rebels. I was right, it was a bittersweet ending. But not in the way I expected it would be. Which is good, because the ending was filled with hope.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  5. #485
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    31,966

    Re: Star Wars Thread

    So I finally watched TLJ this morning (yeah I'm slow) and I have to say it was...a mixed bag to say the least.

    I share the general sentiments I've seen online about the Finn and Rose casino thing it just felt like it was there to pad things for the side cast. It accomplished nothing in the grand scheme, I'm fine with a plan failing but they could of had a plan that was more local and connected to the stuff with Poe and Holdo more but no we have to have this whole segment dedicated to what felt like a giant anti animal cruelty ad as well as mixing in some dude we'll probably never see again who existed simply to go 'Lol Neutrality dude' at Finn a few times.

    Then we have the whole Holdo and Poe thing, and at the end of everything it just felt like a forced conflict to drum up drama because she, for some reason decided to not tell Poe anything regarding the base, or seemingly anyone. It'd be one thing if they explained it as her wanting to maintain some secrecy incase there was a leak on board but it just as far as I remember (maybe something was said quietly) just felt forced at the end. Her sacrafice, and rather the hyperspace ram was a great scene though one of the best looking in the movie.

    The main meat and potatos, the stuff with Rey, Luke and Kylo was okay. I'll preface this with I never got too deep into the EU I only know vaguely what luke did in that continuity from my few forays into it, but for the most part while I enjoyed him in the original three movies, never really cared enough to follow what he did beyond that too closely. As for him here, it's not what I expected or wanted, and I get why fans are upset by how he was handled. I feel showing him as a broken man who screwed up was an interesting take. I don't think he'd be this broken though, also his way of being so dismissive of everything felt off, when he made the map leading to him incase he was needed, feels disjointed and it's one of the reasons I think having a direct sequel of a movie written by another person is sometimes a bad idea especially since it just felt like said Writer/director obviously just wanted to do his own thing and the luke thing makes it apparent as all hell. I'm fine with him wanting/thinking that the Jedi need to be gone or undergo a massive change (from what I do know of the EU his new Jedi order in that was pretty different than the old order) but to be so whole dismissive of the struggles of the galaxy at large felt off, as Jaded as he was I figured he'd at least be more perceptive of the struggle.

    As for his force projection thing I don't have an issue with it so much as I wanted him to show up in person. Partially a fanservice aspect (seeing him either gunning or hell piloting the Falcon would of been neat but admittedly serve nothing but my desire to see him pilot again) and him fighting Kylo Ren in person I think would of been better, him, like he does already pulling an Obi Wan. That said if it wasn't for the projection I wouldn't have my favorite shot in the whole movie:



    Seriously I just love that shot.

    Then there's the humor which is a massive hit or miss for me, some of it felt too Marvel level quipy/downright slap stick like the first scene of the movie with Hux feeling like a characture, okay I mean Hux wasn't much of a character to begin with I won't lie but it really just immediately right out of the gate with that just felt weird. Star Wars has always had plenty of humor right from the begining but it didn't ever feel like that felt. It's hard to quantify but I think the best compairison would be how Luke reacted to R2 playing the Leia message illustrates that old flavor of humor really well, it fits the situation, it's not over the top and it fit the characters involved. (Granted again Snoke and Hux weren't much of characters so my argument kind of has a whole in it but it still felt off, to me at least Tonally to the situation at hand)

    Really I think my opinion on this movie will fluctuate depending on how the next movie handles some of it's plot points, IE Snoke being killed, Ren taking over the First Order, how Rey continues. As it stands now, if I had to put a number to it it's 5/10. Okay maybe a 6.5/10 or so. It was shot well, it had some neat ideas, and it had it's moments, I can't say I felt overly bored during it and I respect it for trying some in my eyes bold things in some regards, but it felt like parts of it floundered and in some plotpoints (luke and the map) felt disjointed from TFW. Wasn't horrible but it's really just a bit above average for me as it stands. Granted these are my first impressions maybe it'll change down the line.

  6. #486
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    11,798

    Re: Star Wars Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    So I finally watched TLJ this morning (yeah I'm slow) and I have to say it was...a mixed bag to say the least.

    I share the general sentiments I've seen online about the Finn and Rose casino thing it just felt like it was there to pad things for the side cast. It accomplished nothing in the grand scheme, I'm fine with a plan failing but they could of had a plan that was more local and connected to the stuff with Poe and Holdo more but no we have to have this whole segment dedicated to what felt like a giant anti animal cruelty ad as well as mixing in some dude we'll probably never see again who existed simply to go 'Lol Neutrality dude' at Finn a few times.

    Then we have the whole Holdo and Poe thing, and at the end of everything it just felt like a forced conflict to drum up drama because she, for some reason decided to not tell Poe anything regarding the base, or seemingly anyone. It'd be one thing if they explained it as her wanting to maintain some secrecy incase there was a leak on board but it just as far as I remember (maybe something was said quietly) just felt forced at the end. Her sacrafice, and rather the hyperspace ram was a great scene though one of the best looking in the movie.

    The main meat and potatos, the stuff with Rey, Luke and Kylo was okay. I'll preface this with I never got too deep into the EU I only know vaguely what luke did in that continuity from my few forays into it, but for the most part while I enjoyed him in the original three movies, never really cared enough to follow what he did beyond that too closely. As for him here, it's not what I expected or wanted, and I get why fans are upset by how he was handled. I feel showing him as a broken man who screwed up was an interesting take. I don't think he'd be this broken though, also his way of being so dismissive of everything felt off, when he made the map leading to him incase he was needed, feels disjointed and it's one of the reasons I think having a direct sequel of a movie written by another person is sometimes a bad idea especially since it just felt like said Writer/director obviously just wanted to do his own thing and the luke thing makes it apparent as all hell. I'm fine with him wanting/thinking that the Jedi need to be gone or undergo a massive change (from what I do know of the EU his new Jedi order in that was pretty different than the old order) but to be so whole dismissive of the struggles of the galaxy at large felt off, as Jaded as he was I figured he'd at least be more perceptive of the struggle.

    As for his force projection thing I don't have an issue with it so much as I wanted him to show up in person. Partially a fanservice aspect (seeing him either gunning or hell piloting the Falcon would of been neat but admittedly serve nothing but my desire to see him pilot again) and him fighting Kylo Ren in person I think would of been better, him, like he does already pulling an Obi Wan. That said if it wasn't for the projection I wouldn't have my favorite shot in the whole movie:



    Seriously I just love that shot.

    Then there's the humor which is a massive hit or miss for me, some of it felt too Marvel level quipy/downright slap stick like the first scene of the movie with Hux feeling like a characture, okay I mean Hux wasn't much of a character to begin with I won't lie but it really just immediately right out of the gate with that just felt weird. Star Wars has always had plenty of humor right from the begining but it didn't ever feel like that felt. It's hard to quantify but I think the best compairison would be how Luke reacted to R2 playing the Leia message illustrates that old flavor of humor really well, it fits the situation, it's not over the top and it fit the characters involved. (Granted again Snoke and Hux weren't much of characters so my argument kind of has a whole in it but it still felt off, to me at least Tonally to the situation at hand)

    Really I think my opinion on this movie will fluctuate depending on how the next movie handles some of it's plot points, IE Snoke being killed, Ren taking over the First Order, how Rey continues. As it stands now, if I had to put a number to it it's 5/10. Okay maybe a 6.5/10 or so. It was shot well, it had some neat ideas, and it had it's moments, I can't say I felt overly bored during it and I respect it for trying some in my eyes bold things in some regards, but it felt like parts of it floundered and in some plotpoints (luke and the map) felt disjointed from TFW. Wasn't horrible but it's really just a bit above average for me as it stands. Granted these are my first impressions maybe it'll change down the line.
    I'm gonna say that this summary is pretty much inline how I feel about it(atm). It's a good looking film with some neat ideas that could have made it interesting, but it's dragged down by some really amateur level writing. The scenes with Kylo and Rey talking through the force where cool and I just love the score in this film. Easily in my top three after Empire and RotS. Battle of Crait was at least visually really damn cool and I kinda like the Gorilla walkers. Roses kamikaze on Finn was pants of head retarded though and one of the worst moments of the film. Also the Crait has my favorite joke in it. Just some random thoughts that came to my head regarding the film. The the worst SW thing (Cough AotC) but not really a good movie.


    At least JW knows how to make em good.




  7. #487
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    6,956

    Re: Star Wars Thread

    So I just got back from watching Solo: A Star Wars Story, and I have to say, it was a solid film. The cast was amazing, especially the actor who played young Han Solo.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  8. #488
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    England
    Posts
    123

    Re: Star Wars Thread

    I too saw the Solo.

    Wasn't impressed, probably will skip any future anthology films from now on.

  9. #489
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    6,956

    Re: Star Wars Thread

    Oh, f**k the Hell yeesss:



    If you listen closely, you can hear echoes of Revenge of the Sith's soundtrack.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  10. #490
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    31,966

    Re: Star Wars Thread

    So I take it they're using the material that they had to cut/had for the canned season for it? Either way I'm happy I enjoyed clone wars quite a bit.

  11. #491
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    6,956

    Re: Star Wars Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    So I take it they're using the material that they had to cut/had for the canned season for it? Either way I'm happy I enjoyed clone wars quite a bit.
    Basically. This season of The Clone Wars is going to run for about twelve episodes on Disney's new exclusive streaming service, but it will give the series a proper finale, closing out with the Siege of Mandalore arc. That being said, while I am happy for the definitive conclusion of The Clone Wars, I really want to see a teaser/trailer/pilot of the new series Star Wars: Resistance.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church


 

Similar Threads

  1. Gundam Influence in new Star Wars?
    By Gundam_Asgard in forum The Gundam Universe
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 15, 2015, 6:17 PM
  2. Star wars cake toppers
    By modelcars87 in forum The Ego Zone, aka The Member Model Gallery
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 25, 2014, 7:42 AM
  3. Star Wars Jabba the Hutt Palace Diorama
    By modelcars87 in forum The Ego Zone, aka The Member Model Gallery
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 21, 2014, 10:16 AM
  4. Star wars model kits
    By modelcars87 in forum General Model Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 20, 2014, 2:27 PM
  5. Star Wars Encounter with Yoda on Dagobah scene
    By modelcars87 in forum The Ego Zone, aka The Member Model Gallery
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 9, 2014, 7:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •