• Return of the Jedi

8 21.05%
  • The Force Awakens

2 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Re: Star Wars Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser90EK View Post
    I'm still excited for it... reinstalled SWTOR to get my force fix in the meantime.
    I have a Sith Warrior on that. Didn't get very far though, about lvl 10-11. I liked it, but with a family I wasn't getting much time for gaming and I seemed to have reached a point where I was doing lots of running to find people. I still have it installed and might fire it up tonight. Been a while though.
    Currently building a 1/100 MG Assaultshroud (click for build thread) to add to the collection below.

I played at launch and quit when I realized there was no endgame content (I was a hardcore WoW player), and the PVP was so flawed. Hutball is fun as hell but in capture the node bgs you cannot channel to capture if you are taking damage so I would rush in and capture and be able to 1 v 10 groups. If I was dying I would just put bleeds on everything so they couldn't cap while I waited to res.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    It seems that Marvel has just taken a massive crap on the Star Wars franchise. Figures they'd find a way to ruin the franchise and spit in the faces of the longtime fans before Abrams' POS drops. After all, they are the same twits who gave us One More Day.
    In what regard. The Marvel Star Wars comic I've been reading has been pretty good so far. Besides, it's not the company but the writer who writes the comic. My brother, huge comic book fan, taught me that you need to read and dissect a comic in order to determine whether or not a comic good (who's the writer, who's the artist) and NOT on the overall decisions made by the executives in charge. If your beef is with the comic story-wise, take it up with the writer.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Sana Solo or whatever the f*** her name is.

As for the contributions of writers and artists, the writing will almost always be more important than the visuals when determining the overall quality of a work, even in so called visual storytelling mediums such as comic books. Don't believe me? Take a well written, well drawn comic and replace all of the professional artwork with appropriate artwork drawn by a random 7 year old, but keep the professional writing intact. Now take the same book and instead of replacing the artwork with that of a 7 year old, replace the writing with that of a 7 year old. Now tell me which one holds up better? The answer nine times out of ten will be that the comic featuring professional writing and amateur art is the superior work. You can look outside of comics for proof of this as well. First Gundam may look terrible by comparison, but few would argue with the claim that First is a better work than Gundam AGE, and that's primarily due to the writing.

Finally, it doesn't matter how good the writer is if an executive/editor forces the writer to follow some stupid mandate that undermines existing continuity and spits in the faces of the longtime fans. Basically, having a good writer can't make a book good, if the writer's boss (the executive/editor) is forcing the writer to write out the boss's ideas rather than the writer's own. A highly polished POS is still a POS. See: JMS and One More Day.
    Sieg Zeon!

Point taken.

The teaser for Season 2 of Rebels was posted yesterday. The Siege of Lothal, at least from I've heard, is supposed to be REALLY good. Like, Empire Strikes Back good.

Last edited by Zeta; June 9, 2015 at 3:16 AM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

So a local TV network aired 5 of the six movies (they did not air Episode IV for some reason, had to go to Wikipedia to find out that one's story...) and I've become a fan, any suggestions as to where to go from there? I know that there are some Star Wars cartoons, are they good?
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/

There are two Star Wars cartoons you should check out. The first is Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It's a CGI series that started in 2008 and lasted until 2012-2013, and takes place in between Episodes II and III. It's really good. The order that you should watch it in is that you should watch the pilot movie first, then the series (which is like 100+ episodes long). The second one is called Star Wars Rebels. Now Rebels takes place 15 years after the end of Episode III and serves as a bridge between the Original Trilogy (Episodes IV, V, and VI) and the Prequel Trilogy (Episodes I, II, and III), telling the tale of how the Rebel Alliance got started by a bunch of upstarts on a backwater planet.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I've heard some rumors floating around that Asoka may make an appearance in TFA... I would be so happy...

I don't know, as much as I love Ahsoka I don't think we'll see her in The Force Awakens. That being said, anything is possible. Still, when they brought her back for Rebels, I was ecstatic. She was easily one of the high points of The Clone Wars as we see her go from this sort of snippy, bratty Youngling, to cool, calm, and wise Padawan. I hope they write up a comic that could explain what she had been doing between the end of The Clone Wars and Rebels.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Thread needs some Tie fighter love.

Been playing Republic Commando recently. It's quite good but hard as ball sometimes (damn legions of Super Battle Droids )

Nice T.I.E graphic there. My personal favourite has always been the T.I.E Interceptor. And the T.I.E sound in general is one of the greatest movie sounds ever, created by stretching out an Elephants call and overlayed with a passing car going through puddles on a wet road http://usoproject.blogspot.co.uk/201...e-fighter.html

Currently building a 1/100 MG Assaultshroud (click for build thread) to add to the collection below.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooliopaulio View Post
    Nice T.I.E graphic there. My personal favourite has always been the T.I.E Interceptor. And the T.I.E sound in general is one of the greatest movie sounds ever, created by stretching out an Elephants call and overlayed with a passing car going through puddles on a wet road http://usoproject.blogspot.co.uk/201...e-fighter.html

Bah, Imperial scum the lot of you. I've always loved the sounds of the X-Wing and the Millennium Falcon.

On another Star Wars note, did anyone else besides me see the Rebels Season 2 premier The Siege of Lothal?
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Don't get me wrong, I love some Rebel Craft as well.

Namely the Snowspeeder. The Snowspeeder is just...amazing. Like it'll be the reason I play Rebels on Hoth all the time in Battlefront.

As for my personal favorite TIE:

Royal guards TIE Interceptor.

@Zeta no Haven't seen it. TBH haven't done much star wars media outside of games, and the shows. Well there was this one Info Book I checked out as a kid from my schools Librarary which had aload of cool info about tech and such, don't remember the name. Was pretty damn cool. Even then I was always more interested in the tech and such in SW.It's why I lean towards things involving the Fighter Craft and ships, as well as ground troops off and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love some Rebel Craft as well.

Namely the Snowspeeder. The Snowspeeder is just...amazing. Like it'll be the reason I play Rebels on Hoth all the time in Battlefront.

As for my personal favorite TIE:

Royal guards TIE Interceptor.

@Zeta no Haven't seen it. TBH haven't done much star wars media outside of games, and the shows. Well there was this one Info Book I checked out as a kid from my schools Librarary which had aload of cool info about tech and such, don't remember the name. Was pretty damn cool. Even then I was always more interested in the tech and such in SW.It's why I lean towards things involving the Fighter Craft and ships, as well as ground troops off and on.
    Oh man, if you're a fan of the Original Trilogy you'll love Star Wars Rebels. It's by the most of the same people who made The Clone Wars (the CGI series, not the 2D series). Here's a clip that shows Vader in all of his terrifying gloriousness:

-Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church