• The Force Awakens

2 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Re: Star Wars Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    So, what is your favorite starfighter?

Mines the ARC-170 (Aggressive Recon)
    Ah yes, the good old ARC-179. Like it's successor, the Incom T-65 X-Wing Starfighter, it has multi-role capability. However, it's not as fast as the X-Wing an requires a crew of three plus one astromech droid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam_Asgard View Post

Tie Interceptor is toats meta.
    Normally I dislike Imperial craft, yet I will give the TIE Interceptor marks for being as fast as an A-Wing and having four blaster cannons instead of two.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

technically 6, since it also has the the two core blasters on the center.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

Depending on my mood, my favorite fighter craft from Star Wars is either the A-wing or the B-Wing. But my favorite Star Wars ship overall is unquestionably Slave I (a modified Firespray-31 patrol ship/prisoner transport).
    Sieg Zeon!

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

That is awesome. I wonder if the R2-D2 head rotates?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

A couple days ago, I went to my local comic book shop and picked up one of the new Star Wars comics. The comic in question: the Star Wars Rebels tie-in comic, Kanan: The Last Padawan. It's being written by former show-runner Greg Weisman.

- - - Updated - - -

If you haven't heard of the writer's name, let me tell what he's done. He worked on the animated version of Young Justice and created a little show in the 90's called Gargoyles.
    Last edited by Zeta; May 10, 2015 at 6:22 PM.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    ... But my favorite Star Wars ship overall is unquestionably Slave I (a modified Firespray-31 patrol ship/prisoner transport).
    ^^ This guy knows the score. Boba Fett is my best character also. There is a big rumour that Boba is alive, and one of the main characters in TFA...
    Currently building a 1/100 MG Assaultshroud (click for build thread) to add to the collection below.

Boba Fett is alive regardless of what JJ's crappy retcon does.

I hope Abrams gets ripped apart by the fans for being the talentless hack that he is upon TFA's release. Seriously, he deserves to have vitriolic hate directed at him more than George Lucas ever did. The talentless POS (Abrams) is already trying to do damage control for TFA, claiming that he had to rush out a script for TFA due to Arndt's original script supposedly (according to Abrams) not being in a useable state when Abrams signed on as director. Given Bad Robot's well known history of incestuous cronyism, I think that it's more likely that Abrams just wanted to minimize the influence of people outside of his own circle. As far as their respective abilities as scriptwriters go, Abrams wrote Armageddon and Gone Fishin', while Arndt wrote Toy Story 3. I rest my case.
    Sieg Zeon!

Wasn't there a Boba Fett spin off movie said to be in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Wasn't there a Boba Fett spin off movie said to be in the works?
    Indeed there is.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

On a related note, it amuses me that the actor who played Wedge Antilles turned down being a part of TFA claiming it would have "bored" him. Bear in mind he narrated audiobook versions of EU novels (notably Heir to the Empire) and did voice over work as Wedge in Rogue Leader for the GameCube, so it's not like he was inherently opposed to doing more Star Wars work after the original trilogy. In other words, good old Wedge probably rejected the script as boring for quality reasons rather than because it was Star Wars.

Only the Original Trilogy + Expanded Universe = (true) Star Wars. Everything else is a second rate (prequel trilogy) or third rate (TFA, various TV series/specials) imposter riding on the success of the OT & EU.
    Sieg Zeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Indeed there is.
    Yeah but just looked it up it's an Orgin story, but I doubt he's dead.

If he's dead well Imma be peeved now as well TBH. He's a bad ass, yeah he goufs up (how many times did he fall into the Sarlac pit again I heard the movie was like his third time...) but well Jetpack bounty hunters are the shiznit.

Wonder if this is why the 1313 game was canceled since it was rumored to be about him. (Dick move if so Disney I was looking forward too that)

After this topic and a topic on /m/ not too long ago thinking about getting into some of the EU tho so there is that.

Boba Fett has a fun novel trilogy called "The Bounty Hunter Wars" which is set in the EU and written by K.W. Jeter. It takes place immediately after Boba Fett escapes from the Sarlacc. As an added bonus the trilogy also contains a flashback story that involves not only Boba Fett, but also Prince Xizor from the awesome "Shadows of the Empire" novel.

If you're looking to check out the EU, I'd recommend reading "Shadows of the Empire" (which chronicles the year spent between The Empire Strikes back and Return of the Jedi), "The Bounty Hunter Wars" trilogy (Boba Fett's story immediately following his escape from the Sarlacc Pit, among other things), and the "Heir to the Empire" trilogy (the real Episodes VII-IX as far as many fans are concerned), in that order.
    Last edited by Zeta-G; May 10, 2015 at 8:12 PM.
    Sieg Zeon!

It seems that Marvel has just taken a massive crap on the Star Wars franchise. Figures they'd find a way to ruin the franchise and spit in the faces of the longtime fans before Abrams' POS drops. After all, they are the same twits who gave us One More Day.
    Sieg Zeon!

I'm still excited for it... reinstalled SWTOR to get my force fix in the meantime.