Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast

RPC's WIP ~ my first MG's

After i enjoyed the MG HeavyArm build i decided that i would like to build some more Gundam. I liked the number of parts, detail and size of the MG so I'm sticking with them for but i will have a go at a RG at some piont.

So on its way to the UK from Japan is a XXXG-01W Wing EW Ver and Sinanju. The first kit i will start will be the Wing but i have to wate for them to arrive in about 2/3 weeks.

I have been to the shop and got my self the paint for the wing, its going to be a black and gun metal colour with purple and light grey hight lights.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So this afternoon i have robed one of the kids AG kits to try out a few things. So i had a go at putting a panel line in using a hobby knife and adding a few errr divets?

Re: RPC's WIP ~ my first MG's

Whoa, that's neat. And you did all that with just a hobby knife? Dang.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

That does look good considering you only used a hobby knife. Did it take a whole to create the line?
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Cheers, it did take a bit of time but not to bad. Used a bit of insulation tape as a guild then ran the knife down the line a few times, then turned the knife over using flat edge as a chisel being careful not to push my finger onto the blade.

Going to try some more on the rest of the kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Trying out some diferent paint, the dark blue on the sheld is car body work paint over the top of the flat coat that was there.
    I thought this would melt the plastic but aparenty not....

Wow, that looks pretty good. I like how the edges are lighter on the blue part.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Administrator

Awesome work, even more awesome that you did everything with a hobby knife. I'm interested to see what the TS-81 looks like. I put in an order for a can through Hobby Town. Have you tested it yet?
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Cheers all, i haven't done any paint testing as yet but i should get to it this week. I have been have a bash a moding the very average gun that came with the AG AGE-1.
    Ok so its not perfect and i could do a little more sanding to smooth some of the seems but for a first attempt im happy with it.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That's a really good weapon bash. The barrel tip makes me think it came from Warhammer 40K, haha.

Cheers. Yep it thought it wouldn't look out of place on a space ork. I have been away for a week so not much modeling being done but i do have a box ready to pick up from the post office that should have in it a MG Wing, MG Sinanju and HG 1/144 seven swords. I did try out some new paint as well. Its Humbrol spray gun metal, it goes on a bit thick and its very light but it should be a good colour for the Wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Picked my new gundam today so this is the real start of the wip. Starting with the Wing as im not sure what to do with Sinanju. I still plan on using the paint scheme as above for the wing so this time i have removed all them parts from the runners and put the in bags, sorted by colour or runner letter. So they all ready for nub removel a few parts at a time then paint. I will probably start putting the frame together at the same time as im nub removing and painting the other parts.

So here goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Sinanju in its very large box and thats were its staying for now.

Ooooo Wing Zero and Sinanju, I'll definitely be on the lookout for this project. I just recently finished an OOB of the Sinanju, it's so badass mate. Which version of the Sinanju kit did you get?

Cheers for the interest he is the,
    MSN-06S Sinanju Ver Ka MG 1/100 Scale.

- - - Updated - - -

And as a bit of a colour test a wing part.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of sanding going on last night but also managed to get some paint ing done.

- - - Updated - - -

The TS81 is looking nice.

Administrator

I was recently given the Wing Ver Ka, interested to see what you do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    I was recently given the Wing Ver Ka, interested to see what you do with it.
    I do really like the way this kits looks as standard and the colour separation, so its just a full colour change for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Tonights progess, more washing of parts and sanding. The Humbrol grey i was going to use as the 4th colour is not as nice a colour as i hoped and it covers a bit thick, i will try warming it up a bit more to see of it goes on a bit thinner.

- - - Updated - - -

More progress,

- - - Updated - - -

Made some good progress with this now, but have ran out os TS81 the grey im using for the armer, so im stuck now untill i get to the shops next week some time. Here is what i have done so far.

Great custom colourway choice, the purple and grey look great together.
    Feddy are you ok? So, Feddy are you ok? Are you ok Feddy? You've been hit by, You've been struck by, A smooth Zaku.

Administrator

I'm really liking the color choices, Would you call that purple, fuchsia?