Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Re: RPC's WIP ~ my first MG's

It is a very nice kit, the plastic is slightly softer than Bandai and the nubs very small so you have to be careful when removing parts from the tree, the nuds are mostly on the inside edges of part which is nice. Its very well detailed and all the parts fitted together as per any Bandai kits. I think this one is actually more detailed and a better design that the one Bandai produce. I would happily recommend the sword and i will be ordering the gun as well, so look out for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I have had a ko Gundam and i will not be doing that again but i think this is different.

- - - Updated - - -

Having lot of fun getting this storted, lots of drilling etc. I have the cab light and rear thrusters just out how i neec then to fit the cable.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This is going to make a great Christmas tree decoration.

- - - Updated - - -

Starting to look better.

- - - Updated - - -

wow thats nice detail work. and the LED will look awesome.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

What Zaku said. That's some fabulous looking detail work.
    Current Gunpla Projects: Launcher/Sword Strike updated 5/13/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/45905-XXXG-01H-s-Works-In-Progress

Finished Builds updated 5/12/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...Finished-Works

Next Gunpla Project: ?

"Is that a dick knife? All of my wut" - Zaku

Cheers guys that is nice of you, im holding of painting any more as im looking at and buying an airbrush set up. Probably a cheep Chinese set and mybe an Neo Iwota airbrush if i can stretch to it.

- - - Updated - - -

I have also been putting this together on the sligh and im very impressed with it so far, the good news is the DM shoulder section fit a treat and look fantastic. It does restrict a bit of movement but not overly.

What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

I think it has a better look of an enhancement than the Bandai design. I can see why it would restrict shoulder movement, though. Much bulkier design.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Made a bit more progress with the strike and i must say I'm really enjoying this one. I like this stance with the slight bend in the knee he looks a bit like a camp bouncer....

Still not decided on the airbrush or to stick with cans so the RB-79 is as i left it and the strike will only get painted when i have made my mind up. With all the great work going on on this site i feel i need to up my game so have orded water decals for the ball and the strike as well as glue and putty for seam line removal....gulp....

- - - Updated - - -

And a bit more.

Administrator

Strike is coming together nicely!
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Cheers, yep enjoying the build and i think i have made my mind up about getting an airbrush now. Just looking about for the right deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rockpopandchips View Post
    Made a bit more progress with the strike and i must say I'm really enjoying this one. I like this stance with the slight bend in the knee he looks a bit like a camp bouncer....

Still not decided on the airbrush or to stick with cans so the RB-79 is as i left it and the strike will only get painted when i have made my mind up. With all the great work going on on this site i feel i need to up my game so have orded water decals for the ball and the strike as well as glue and putty for seam line removal....gulp....

- - - Updated - - -

And a bit more.

The above pose makes me think of that old 90's song "Too Sexy For My Shirt" lol, except in Strike's case, it would be "Too Sexy For My Gundarium Armor"

In all seriousness though, I like how you pose your gundams in ways other than the "badass robot" pose I see so often.
    Current Gunpla Projects: Launcher/Sword Strike updated 5/13/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/45905-XXXG-01H-s-Works-In-Progress

Finished Builds updated 5/12/17: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...Finished-Works

Thank you for the comment. Right said fred, now that takes me back...i thought of it as the where the hell did i put the car keys pose but i think that now changed.

Quote Originally Posted by rockpopandchips View Post
    Thank you for the comment. Right said fred, now that takes me back...i thought of it as the where the hell did i put the car keys pose but i think that now changed.

LOL! Glad to have been of service

I have a few more daft poses i should post but for now my obsession is the air brush debate. So now its between the Neo Iwata CN and the Harder & Steenbeck Ultra but what would you choose?

Seriously help me out im going mad trying to make a choice.

B.

Hmmm, that's a tough choice. They both seem to be good airbrushes, judging by reviews. Do they cost the same where you're getting them?
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Yep both about the same price and going to have to order from Amazon.

B.

Seeing as I'm currently using an Iwata already, my choice would be the Ultra. I also hear the Iwata Neo isn't as high-quality as their pricier ABs, but that's secondhand info so I wouldn't put much stock in it.