Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DBZ Thread

Speaking of fillers, I remember a very good DBZ filler. It was the time when Goku and Piccolo learn how to drive! That was hilarious! LOL

Re: DBZ Thread

The single episode fillers were really enjoyable to watch. DBZ is a show that has battles for literally dozens of episodes, so having a break from all that is really refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Yeah for him, (unless that Manga isn't like this, dunno haven't seen it) training for Freiza was likely finding a New Form beyond his Natural state (Remember his forms before his final are just his species ablity to suppress their power into other forms to hide it as they gain more) like what Cooler did to find his form in the movie, or was rather implied.
    I think that's possibe.

Keep in mind that Cooler is/was significantly weaker than Freiza outside of his transformed state and yet was able to be be in a league above Freiza in power in transformed state. In fact, officially, Frieza is officially stronger than his father as well, making him the strongest known Arcosian. Frieza may be an exceptional member of his race, special even. I think that because Freiza is stronger than Cooler already, that he could make a transformation on a whole other magnitude than Coolers. Again, Cooler doesn't seem like he was special. He just had drive. That may be all that's needed for an Arcosian to obtain a transformation and it's obvious that Freiza did get drive too, albeit only after all this time.

Also, keep in mind how Super Saiyan power ups are so drastic. 50x normal strength for Super Saiyan, 100x for SSJ2, etc. So we all know that transformations can make someone ludicrously more powerful. So, I don't think just a transformation making him a threat now is that crazy given how we already how DBZ works. Like, it doesn't make NORMAL sense, but it makes DBZ sense. Granted, DBZ often doesn't even make sense by it's own logic; happens when a work's creator has the memory of a goldfish and isn't making it because they WANT TO.

Also, four months I'll buy. Goku went form saiyan saga strength to being able to match Freiza in like, what, 6 days of training in a space ship?
    Last edited by Riah; March 28, 2015 at 8:59 AM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    Also, four months I'll buy. Goku went form saiyan saga strength to being able to match Freiza in like, what, 6 days of training in a space ship?
    Goku had Senzu beans and a lot of Zekai boosts due to the accidents and the tuff training he put himself through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jae102 View Post
    Goku had Senzu beans and a lot of Zekai boosts due to the accidents and the tuff training he put himself through.
    heck, 20-something years of living and breathing training for Goku, and achieving Super saiyan put goku on frieza's Max tier of power.

Also, on the basis SSJ2 Teen Gohan was stronger than pre-Mystic Adult Gohan but yet that Gohan could still at least keep up on the levels of vegeta and Goku, suggests the jumps in power between Cell Saga and Buu saga are far far less major than people may suggests.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

New Dragon Ball series confirmed http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/.87608

Get hype?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto no Fan View Post

Get hype?
    I already am. I loved Battle of the Gods because it basically laid out the lore for a new series to start. So, naturally, I was a bit disappointed when I heard the next thing they were gonna do was another movie where an old villain comes back a la Bio Broly. THIS is what I'e been wanted and feel like I was promised form BotG.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam_Asgard View Post
    heck, 20-something years of living and breathing training for Goku, and achieving Super saiyan put goku on frieza's Max tier of power.

Also, on the basis SSJ2 Teen Gohan was stronger than pre-Mystic Adult Gohan but yet that Gohan could still at least keep up on the levels of vegeta and Goku, suggests the jumps in power between Cell Saga and Buu saga are far far less major than people may suggests.
    Mystic Gohan >> SSJ2 Gohan. SSJ2 Gohan is just more seasoned where Mystic hasn't trained in 7 years.

So this new series will happen shortly after the new Freeza movie and entirely wipe out Dragon Ball GT?

Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    So this new series will happen shortly after the new Freeza movie and entirely wipe out Dragon Ball GT?
    Battle of the Gods already made it so GT couldn't happen. However, if Xenoverse is anything to go by, GT is canon but an alternate universe/future like how Future Trunk's world is an alternate future.

Oh my God, we've waited so many years for this, and it's actually happening. This isn't a dream, is it?

Also, it's releasing in July! That's quite close.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto no Fan View Post

Get hype?

So I just saw the live stream for the first episode of DB Super an hour ago.

Amazing stuff. I want to say the tone is like classic Dragon Ball, but it isn't. It's definitely going at a relaxed pace, similar to Battle of Gods, though. This is a good thing.

The timeline placement currently happens before Battle of Gods. Not sure if they'll retcon this series over BoG or will it time skip past it. We'll have to see.

Next episode will feature Vegeta and his family on a vacation. That ought to be nice. The "Fat Beerus", Shanpa, has yet to appear.

Will definitely rewatch this when it gets subs.

I don't think they're going to retcon BoG, but hopefully this means they'll retcon GT.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

They aren't Retconning BoG, there's been things I've been reading around saying it'll even have a BoG Recap Arc. As well as a Revival of F one as well apparenty. IDK why they would when the movies do what they do quite well but who knows.