Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 99

Thread: DBZ Thread

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    1,378

    Re: DBZ Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam_Asgard View Post
    Why was goku able to fight Beerus better in normal/SSJ2 than he was able to in SSj3?

    im telling you. power level canon from the series, out the window.
    Because it's much easier to draw Goku in his SSJ1 and SSJ2 than in SSJ3.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    North, East, West, South, and Center.
    Posts
    1,678

    Re: DBZ Thread

    honestly, i think SSJ3 is among their most regrettable creations. Since nobody give two fk about GT and its more or less non canon, that makes SSJ3 like the most powerful form. but it looks stupid, its not even close to an iconic image like the SSJ1/2 look theyve built on.

    ever notice how nothing ever gets done in SSJ3? bam
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

    SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    1,378
    To be honest, I like SSJ3's appearance. I was really hyped when I first saw it as a kid. AT, however, gave a lot of cons of being in this form like the energy efficiency. I don't know; to make it not so OP?

    It felt like he had a lot of ideas during the Buu saga, but he had to adjust the story to fit everything into it. If you think about it, it's the saga with the most wasted opportunities.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    North, East, West, South, and Center.
    Posts
    1,678

    Re: DBZ Thread

    its true. Fusions were pointless. SSJ3 was pointless. I won't say Ultimate Gohan was completely pointless since it kinda led into the final act of the saga, but has been kind of a waste.

    honestly, once Buu was awoken and released, after the Majin vegeta and Babadi raid stuff, thats when the saga took its downward spiral.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

    SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,374

    Re: DBZ Thread

    I wouldn't say it as all pointless at first. Buu just kept getting stronger and stronger every time they caught up.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    1,378
    I always had the impression that Buu with Gohan, Piccolo, and Gotenks absorbed was his most powerful form. SSJ3 Goku can't keep up with him.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    North, East, West, South, and Center.
    Posts
    1,678

    Re: DBZ Thread

    Well... We spend time watching Goku turn and fight as a SSJ3. Did he beat Buu? no. hell he even knew it was pointless and just wanted to give it a shot himself. He even holds back from using it, in which Vegeta even calls him out on. So, SSJ3 is pretty definitively pointless.

    Fusions. we got two of them. Gotenks spent so much time building up and fighting. Fought twice with it going nowhere. and then Vegito happened, fought for a while, and it jsut ended with them letting Buu take them so they can save the others. Sooo... pointless as they never accomplished anything with it.

    the most point to Fusion that ever occurred was the fact it gave Buu a massive power-up that Ult. Gohan couldnt beat... and then buu had two more stronger forms, Ultimate Buu and Kid Buu.

    the second half of the Buu saga is the Marquee of Filler and buffering the story.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

    SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    1,378

    Re: DBZ Thread

    Sure, I was so hyped with all of the new things Buu saga gave us - SSJ3, Fusion, Potara Earings. However, in the end, they had to "cheat" their way to defeat Buu by wishing to the Dragon Balls. Rants aside, I still enjoyed Buu Saga. It's just my least favorite saga.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    North, East, West, South, and Center.
    Posts
    1,678

    Re: DBZ Thread

    At least their victory came from that thing the show is named after.

    All Fusion and SSj3 did successfully was defeat a couple movie villains. mainly Janemba and the Dragon Insect monster thing from WotD.... and one of those movies was. *shutters* Bio Broly.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

    SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: DBZ Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam_Asgard View Post
    At least their victory came from that thing the show is named after.

    All Fusion and SSj3 did successfully was defeat a couple movie villains. mainly Janemba and the Dragon Insect monster thing from WotD.... and one of those movies was. *shutters* Bio Broly.
    What SSJ3 Goku only defeated Hirudegarn with a dragon fist which is retarded because SSJ3 Gotenks and Mystic Gohan is stronger were stronger than Goku at that time. Gogeta defeated Janemba while Hitler was defeated by Gotenks. Last Broly was defeated by Goten, Trunks, Krillin and Android 18/Lazuli.

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Neo-Canada
    Posts
    46

    Re: DBZ Thread

    Could we assume Golden Form!Frieza is on par with Beerus?
    "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I sleep all night and I work all day!"

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: DBZ Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    To be honest, I like SSJ3's appearance. I was really hyped when I first saw it as a kid. AT, however, gave a lot of cons of being in this form like the energy efficiency. I don't know; to make it not so OP?

    It felt like he had a lot of ideas during the Buu saga, but he had to adjust the story to fit everything into it. If you think about it, it's the saga with the most wasted opportunities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam_Asgard View Post
    its true. Fusions were pointless. SSJ3 was pointless. I won't say Ultimate Gohan was completely pointless since it kinda led into the final act of the saga, but has been kind of a waste.

    honestly, once Buu was awoken and released, after the Majin vegeta and Babadi raid stuff, thats when the saga took its downward spiral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam_Asgard View Post
    Well... We spend time watching Goku turn and fight as a SSJ3. Did he beat Buu? no. hell he even knew it was pointless and just wanted to give it a shot himself. He even holds back from using it, in which Vegeta even calls him out on. So, SSJ3 is pretty definitively pointless.

    Fusions. we got two of them. Gotenks spent so much time building up and fighting. Fought twice with it going nowhere. and then Vegito happened, fought for a while, and it jsut ended with them letting Buu take them so they can save the others. Sooo... pointless as they never accomplished anything with it.

    the most point to Fusion that ever occurred was the fact it gave Buu a massive power-up that Ult. Gohan couldnt beat... and then buu had two more stronger forms, Ultimate Buu and Kid Buu.

    the second half of the Buu saga is the Marquee of Filler and buffering the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    Sure, I was so hyped with all of the new things Buu saga gave us - SSJ3, Fusion, Potara Earings. However, in the end, they had to "cheat" their way to defeat Buu by wishing to the Dragon Balls. Rants aside, I still enjoyed Buu Saga. It's just my least favorite saga.
    Akira atoriyama was actually forced to draw out the Buu arc. He even said he stopped drawing fight manga because of the Buu saga.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng-dragon-ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumber Gundam View Post
    Could we assume Golden Form!Frieza is on par with Beerus?
    Please oh God no!! Not with Four months of training. It can see if Frieza trained with another god but if he did it all by himself that would be really sad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...remiere/.86007

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    501

    Re: DBZ Thread

    I just read about Funimation screening Resurrection F in English this summer. I am so excited for this! I went to a screening for Battle of Gods last summer and had a blast.

    Does anyone else feel like the android saga was the best? It's certainly my favorite. It had so much mystery to it. I remember being so hypnotized watching it as a kid because they teased the androids' appearances just about whenever they possibly could, but you didn't get to see them for a while. I was always on the edge of my seat. That whole "find out next time on dragonball zeeeeeeeeee" crap made me even more excited.

  14. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,374

    Re: DBZ Thread

    I loved the Androids saga because the story was REALLY flexible. It dealt with time travel, and you need to scramble your brains a little to understand how Cell is from the future, yet from a different future from Future Trunks. Additionally, reaching the next level was sacred. The saiyans really worked themselves silly trying to go beyond a super saiyan. Lastly, the scene where Cell crushes Android 16's head is a top class scene, the one where Gohan transcends to Super Saiyan 2.

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    North, East, West, South, and Center.
    Posts
    1,678

    Re: DBZ Thread

    Wanna hear a joke?

    name the 3 filler sagas in DBZ.

    Garlic Jr. saga. Other World Tournament Saga. and the Buu Saga xD
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

    SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!


 

Similar Threads

  1. The Airbrush question thread. Ask questions here and not in a new thread.
    By Jfl0 in forum Modeling How-To, Tips, and Tricks.
    Replies: 488
    Last Post: May 23, 2018, 7:28 PM
  2. Replies: 635
    Last Post: March 5, 2018, 12:11 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 31, 2012, 7:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •