Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DBZ Thread

Re: DBZ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam_Asgard View Post
    Why was goku able to fight Beerus better in normal/SSJ2 than he was able to in SSj3?

im telling you. power level canon from the series, out the window.
    Because it's much easier to draw Goku in his SSJ1 and SSJ2 than in SSJ3.

honestly, i think SSJ3 is among their most regrettable creations. Since nobody give two fk about GT and its more or less non canon, that makes SSJ3 like the most powerful form. but it looks stupid, its not even close to an iconic image like the SSJ1/2 look theyve built on.

ever notice how nothing ever gets done in SSJ3? bam
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

To be honest, I like SSJ3's appearance. I was really hyped when I first saw it as a kid. AT, however, gave a lot of cons of being in this form like the energy efficiency. I don't know; to make it not so OP?

It felt like he had a lot of ideas during the Buu saga, but he had to adjust the story to fit everything into it. If you think about it, it's the saga with the most wasted opportunities.

its true. Fusions were pointless. SSJ3 was pointless. I won't say Ultimate Gohan was completely pointless since it kinda led into the final act of the saga, but has been kind of a waste.

honestly, once Buu was awoken and released, after the Majin vegeta and Babadi raid stuff, thats when the saga took its downward spiral.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

I wouldn't say it as all pointless at first. Buu just kept getting stronger and stronger every time they caught up.

I always had the impression that Buu with Gohan, Piccolo, and Gotenks absorbed was his most powerful form. SSJ3 Goku can't keep up with him.

Well... We spend time watching Goku turn and fight as a SSJ3. Did he beat Buu? no. hell he even knew it was pointless and just wanted to give it a shot himself. He even holds back from using it, in which Vegeta even calls him out on. So, SSJ3 is pretty definitively pointless.

Fusions. we got two of them. Gotenks spent so much time building up and fighting. Fought twice with it going nowhere. and then Vegito happened, fought for a while, and it jsut ended with them letting Buu take them so they can save the others. Sooo... pointless as they never accomplished anything with it.

the most point to Fusion that ever occurred was the fact it gave Buu a massive power-up that Ult. Gohan couldnt beat... and then buu had two more stronger forms, Ultimate Buu and Kid Buu.

the second half of the Buu saga is the Marquee of Filler and buffering the story.

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

Sure, I was so hyped with all of the new things Buu saga gave us - SSJ3, Fusion, Potara Earings. However, in the end, they had to "cheat" their way to defeat Buu by wishing to the Dragon Balls. Rants aside, I still enjoyed Buu Saga. It's just my least favorite saga.

At least their victory came from that thing the show is named after.

All Fusion and SSj3 did successfully was defeat a couple movie villains. mainly Janemba and the Dragon Insect monster thing from WotD.... and one of those movies was. *shutters* Bio Broly.

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

At least their victory came from that thing the show is named after.

All Fusion and SSj3 did successfully was defeat a couple movie villains. mainly Janemba and the Dragon Insect monster thing from WotD.... and one of those movies was. *shutters* Bio Broly.
    What SSJ3 Goku only defeated Hirudegarn with a dragon fist which is retarded because SSJ3 Gotenks and Mystic Gohan is stronger were stronger than Goku at that time. Gogeta defeated Janemba while Hitler was defeated by Gotenks. Last Broly was defeated by Goten, Trunks, Krillin and Android 18/Lazuli.

Could we assume Golden Form!Frieza is on par with Beerus?
    "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I sleep all night and I work all day!"

Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    To be honest, I like SSJ3's appearance. I was really hyped when I first saw it as a kid. AT, however, gave a lot of cons of being in this form like the energy efficiency. I don't know; to make it not so OP?

It felt like he had a lot of ideas during the Buu saga, but he had to adjust the story to fit everything into it. If you think about it, it's the saga with the most wasted opportunities.
    its true. Fusions were pointless. SSJ3 was pointless. I won't say Ultimate Gohan was completely pointless since it kinda led into the final act of the saga, but has been kind of a waste.

honestly, once Buu was awoken and released, after the Majin vegeta and Babadi raid stuff, thats when the saga took its downward spiral.
    Well... We spend time watching Goku turn and fight as a SSJ3. Did he beat Buu? no. hell he even knew it was pointless and just wanted to give it a shot himself. He even holds back from using it, in which Vegeta even calls him out on. So, SSJ3 is pretty definitively pointless.

Fusions. we got two of them. Gotenks spent so much time building up and fighting. Fought twice with it going nowhere. and then Vegito happened, fought for a while, and it jsut ended with them letting Buu take them so they can save the others. Sooo... pointless as they never accomplished anything with it.

the most point to Fusion that ever occurred was the fact it gave Buu a massive power-up that Ult. Gohan couldnt beat... and then buu had two more stronger forms, Ultimate Buu and Kid Buu.

the second half of the Buu saga is the Marquee of Filler and buffering the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    Sure, I was so hyped with all of the new things Buu saga gave us - SSJ3, Fusion, Potara Earings. However, in the end, they had to "cheat" their way to defeat Buu by wishing to the Dragon Balls. Rants aside, I still enjoyed Buu Saga. It's just my least favorite saga.
    Akira atoriyama was actually forced to draw out the Buu arc. He even said he stopped drawing fight manga because of the Buu saga.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng-dragon-ball

Quote Originally Posted by Lumber Gundam View Post
    Could we assume Golden Form!Frieza is on par with Beerus?
    Please oh God no!! Not with Four months of training. It can see if Frieza trained with another god but if he did it all by himself that would be really sad.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...remiere/.86007

I just read about Funimation screening Resurrection F in English this summer. I am so excited for this! I went to a screening for Battle of Gods last summer and had a blast.

Does anyone else feel like the android saga was the best? It's certainly my favorite. It had so much mystery to it. I remember being so hypnotized watching it as a kid because they teased the androids' appearances just about whenever they possibly could, but you didn't get to see them for a while. I was always on the edge of my seat. That whole "find out next time on dragonball zeeeeeeeeee" crap made me even more excited.

I loved the Androids saga because the story was REALLY flexible. It dealt with time travel, and you need to scramble your brains a little to understand how Cell is from the future, yet from a different future from Future Trunks. Additionally, reaching the next level was sacred. The saiyans really worked themselves silly trying to go beyond a super saiyan. Lastly, the scene where Cell crushes Android 16's head is a top class scene, the one where Gohan transcends to Super Saiyan 2.

Wanna hear a joke?

name the 3 filler sagas in DBZ.

Garlic Jr. saga. Other World Tournament Saga. and the Buu Saga xD

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!