Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Re: Conch's builds and WIP's

Man, this build is coming along very well. Loving the detail work that you've done. Can't wait to see what you pull off with the resin parts.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

thanks allot :P

still, im kinda scared to ruin it, but the best way to learn as a noob is in the deep.
    it helps allot to keep everything ordered. i got like 10 big boxes for painted parts, and a few smaller ones for the parts that come of the runners waiting for paint.
    that way i could work on just 1 color.

also when i remove them from the runners i build it in my head, the previous kit i did i first build it, then took it appart and painted it.
    i didnt like the way that went. but this way works better for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
    Really really nice looking kit. Once I get an airbrush, I wanna give a resin kit a shot
    if you gonna get one, make sure its one with a tank.
    i thought the one i bought had a tank, but i didnt... had to buy an tank and fix it myself.

also the brush i use is a cheap one. but its like learing how to ride a old bike :P

That is starting to look very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by masterconch View Post
    thanks allot :P

still, im kinda scared to ruin it, but the best way to learn as a noob is in the deep.
    it helps allot to keep everything ordered. i got like 10 big boxes for painted parts, and a few smaller ones for the parts that come of the runners waiting for paint.
    that way i could work on just 1 color.

also when i remove them from the runners i build it in my head, the previous kit i did i first build it, then took it appart and painted it.
    i didnt like the way that went. but this way works better for me.

- - - Updated - - -

if you gonna get one, make sure its one with a tank.
    i thought the one i bought had a tank, but i didnt... had to buy an tank and fix it myself.

also the brush i use is a cheap one. but its like learing how to ride a old bike :P
    http://m.harborfreight.com/1-5-hp-58...kit-95630.html
    It doesn't specifically say it has a tank in the description, but I'm pretty sure the tank is included in the compressor. But I'm definitely no expert. Does that kit look like it needs anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
    http://m.harborfreight.com/1-5-hp-58...kit-95630.html
    It doesn't specifically say it has a tank in the description, but I'm pretty sure the tank is included in the compressor. But I'm definitely no expert. Does that kit look like it needs anything else?
    thats one without a tank, its just the compressor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AS-186-Com...item2eb4bff640

thats one with a tank attached to the compressor.

it also doesnt hurt to get a decend brush.

- - - Updated - - -

one of the biggerst problems of airbrushing without a tank is that the compressor must be running non-stop. that produces heat, that forms condence and get into the brush, messing up the paint work.

thats one without a tank, its just the compressor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AS-186-Com...item2eb4bff640

thats one with a tank attached to the compressor.

it also doesnt hurt to get a decend brush.

- - - Updated - - -

one of the biggerst problems of airbrushing without a tank is that the compressor must be running non-stop. that produces heat, that forms condence and get into the brush, messing up the paint work.
    Thanks for that explanation. I never even would have thought of that. And yeah, I kinda figured the compressor/tank/hose parts didn't really matter in terms of brand name, but the brushes are a different story entirely. They determine the quality of the job entirely, so that's the one area I figured I couldn't really cut corners

well, im still a beginner, so i could be wrong. i searched my butt of for info, and found allot.

also dont know whats the lifespan of this compressor. but they sold alllot of thos AS-186

well, im still a beginner, so i could be wrong. i searched my butt of for info, and found allot.

also dont know whats the lifespan of this compressor. but they sold alllot of thos AS-186
    It makes great sense logically

i kinda messed up the inside of the vents on the chest, but they gonne be covered up by the HWS kit anyway, so no real loss there.
    so far so good, for my second kit that i airbrush.

Thats is looking nice!

thanks. i used vallejo primer, but its doesnt sticks that good.. so it chips easy and with masking it doesnt work really good either.

also im trying to decied witch one i should build next, the FA RX-0 or the FA RX-93 hi-Nu.
    both of them are gonne get the same paintjob as the one im building, even on thinking of painting the unicorns psyco frame in gunmetal.

So badass.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Well the FA RX-93 hi-Nu gets my vote but i do like the the one on gundamplanet with all the purple. Gun metal allways looks good to me and i really like the idea of an octagon pattern snow camo paint job, i dont have the skill or equipment for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    So badass.

Quote Originally Posted by rockpopandchips View Post
    Well the FA RX-93 hi-Nu gets my vote but i do like the the one on gundamplanet with all the purple. Gun metal allways looks good to me and i really like the idea of an octagon pattern snow camo paint job, i dont have the skill or equipment for it though.
    that was my problem with it LOL. i didnt like the purple, but loved the suit.
    well having the those 3 next to each other in the same paintjob would look amazing

- - - Updated - - -

i also saw some kits that i put on wishlist

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KP609-1-100-FA-78-1-Full-Armor-Gundam-Gundam-MSV-/171229543884?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27de13 7dcc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-100-FA-78-3-Fullarmor-Gundam-Resin-Conversio-n-kits-/381147245183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58be25 6a7f

thanks. i used vallejo primer, but its doesnt sticks that good.. so it chips easy and with masking it doesnt work really good either.

also im trying to decied witch one i should build next, the FA RX-0 or the FA RX-93 hi-Nu.
    both of them are gonne get the same paintjob as the one im building, even on thinking of painting the unicorns psyco frame in gunmetal.
    Have you thinned the primer ?? It shouldnt give you a problem. Im surprised it chips... but i heard they are more stubborn than any other primer out there. I use it and works well , the airbrush should be .3mm and up.