Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Non-Gundam Mech Series

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    Give me Garzey's Wing, Bubblegum Crash, the ST:TOS episode "Spock's Brain", and/or the Star Wars Holiday Special over Eva any day.
    *High Five, sunglasses pull, rides off in Tony Starks Car*
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

Evangelion needs to be respected for what it is, a rather deep metaphysical and spiritual series.

It did a lot for the anime genre by being more than shonen/robots fighting/high school girl anime.

That being said, it is very confusing.

The rebuilds have been pretty good (1 being very, very good) but they have gone down the eva rabbit hole in the 3rd one.

I really enjoyed Yamato 2199. Not technically robots, but they have planes and space battles. There are aliens, but not really aliens at the same time.

Also, once again not mech per se, but Battlestar Galactica.

I rewatched outlaw star not too long ago, childish but still enjoyable. Ending was kinda a let down.

I did find the Five Stat Stories film online somewhere, makes me wish I could get into it. Love the mech designs and the massive story that exists, but I just can't read manga. I have tried, but it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret Masterson View Post
    @windkami

hmmm... how about space operas? They're pretty close to your tastes sans the mechs since they're more on war politics and fleet battles. I'd recommend legend of legendary heroes and legend of galactic heroes. The latter is a 110 episode ova made from the 80s to early 90s. I'm trying to watch it but the number of episodes keeps me from starting lol. Space battleship yamato as well even though the enemy are aliens at least they're humanoids.
    Well I do like space operas and I have started Legend of the Galactic heroes. But my original intention was to get Mecha series as it is my overall favorite. I am also aware of legend of the legendary heroes, and Space Battleship Yamato.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreeper007 View Post
    Evangelion needs to be respected for what it is, a rather deep metaphysical and spiritual series.

It did a lot for the anime genre by being more than shonen/robots fighting/high school girl anime.

That being said, it is very confusing.

The rebuilds have been pretty good (1 being very, very good) but they have gone down the eva rabbit hole in the 3rd one.
    I just view it like ideon, a product of depression.

Dunno if Dominion Tank Police is exactly one for you or not, Windkami.

Evangelion is not deep; it pretends to be deep. There's a difference. It's kind of like the Matrix trilogy in that way.
    Evangelion doesn't deserve any respect. In any case, I'm done discussing this issue in this topic; it's not the place for it.
    Sieg Zeon!

Quote Originally Posted by futabaaoi View Post
    I just view it like ideon, a product of depression.

Dunno if Dominion Tank Police is exactly one for you or not, Windkami.
    Not 100% what I am looking for but it still looks interesting i will add it to my watch list.

Nah, forget all the deeper meanings this show has let's just shitpost about it all day because it's just sooooo frustrating that the characters don't behave like cardboard cutouts as most anime characters typically do!

Okay guys I got what I wanted, lots of stuff to check out and I thank everyone and I don't want this thread to turn into a hate on Evangelion thread. As I said I will eventually finish it but have no interest end of story. So if nothing constructive and non-Evangelion related is to be said then that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by windkami View Post
    Okay guys I got what I wanted, lots of stuff to check out and I thank everyone and I don't want this thread to turn into a hate on Evangelion thread. As I said I will eventually finish it but have no interest end of story. So if nothing constructive and non-Evangelion related is to be said then that is all.
    It became poisoned for that when a varying opinion was brought up. That is effect of both of those titles have (not good for anything). So that is on me. Sorry about that.

But hope you find a few good titles to keep you glued within the mess. Happy watching.

Yeah, sorry for dat Eva bashing.
    But anyways, happy watching!

sometimes i cant help myself. especially when it comes to gainax garbage... whoops. see it jsut slips sometimes, see.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

What else have they made?

Gunbuster, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, etc.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

you can always watch the series Vandred the aliens are actually robots from earth harvesting human colonies throughout the galaxy. and the character interaction through out the series is just hilarious.

Gurren lagan is the obvious exception.

and while not directly, Kill la Kill was made by people who worked for Gainax, and uses the same stupidity that Gainax is known for.

damn, did it again.

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!