Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Non-Gundam Mech Series

Alright, play nice or Gundam intervention will commence and this thread will get epicly derailed.

Just to give my 2 bits on where Neon genesis stands with me, I believe lady lacus said it best...

Also, love Samurai 7, and even though it has mechs in it... wouldnt call it a Mecha Anime by ANY means.

Big O, Gurren Lagan, Zoids, and Iron Jeeg reboot/sequel were among my faves. though Cross Ange creeps the list, for a new entry.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

Now you made me like Lacus.
    For now.
    Oh, hey, look it's Meer.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Of Gundams View Post
    Alright, play nice or Gundam intervention will commence and this thread will get epicly derailed.
    But that last page conversation was perfectly civil. I simply questioned a guy's opinion and he gave a simple answer I'm content with. Certainly moreso than a dumb image macro that doesn't actually say anything at all. But if you hate Eva so much that you don't want it discussed period then fine, whatever.
    Last edited by SharpMouthParts; February 16, 2015 at 3:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpMouthParts View Post
    But that last page conversation was perfectly civil. I simply questioned a guy's opinion and he gave a simple answer I'm content with. Certainly moreso than a dumb image macro that doesn't actually say anything at all. But if you hate Eva so much that you don't want it discussed period then fine, whatever.
    That last page you went on assumed I hated everything Gainax. The stuff I did watch that Gainax did put out. I at least was interested in watching. I enjoyed Gunbuster and Panty & Stocking. This just sounds like you are mad that I don't want to watch Seinfeld. Eva is the least interesting thing that Gainax has put out. It will never make me curious to watch it.

It is just as dumb an image macro as all the awards Eva won, that actually do not say anything at all.

And WindKami avoid Gunbuster it has Aliens in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret Masterson View Post
    break blade / broken blade - watch this first! There's a 6 part movie version and a 11 episode tv series. The tv series is based more on the manga which has an awesome story arc that they cut from the movie version.
    Argevollen - Protagonist has a mecha that has a mind controlled cockpit system. Everything here are ground type real robots so no fancy flying mechs on this show.
    rahxephon - technically enemies are still humans :P
    aquarion - enemies are mythological gods :P but mecha design and story is done by Macross writer/director Shoji Kawamori so it has awesome mech design and ost.
    gun x sword - This is one badass mecha show. I still like the protagonist mech Vann of thursday.
    infinite stratos - mecha musume if you like the genre
    ride back - slice of life mecha
    gigantic formula - Has a G Gundam theme
    Kurogane no Linebarrels / linebarrels of iron - parrelel world theme so technically no aliens
    Bakuretsu Tenshi - there's mecha but not that much. More on action and ecchi haha
    escaflowne - parralel worlds theme so technically no aliens
    Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure - another parralel world themed mecha - This is almost has a same mecha style with evangellion but the story's on a lighter note since it came a few years (or months?) after evangellion was released. This was a very memorable anime when I watched it a decade ago.
    samurai 7 - More on futuristic samurai but there are giant mechs around (which the samurais slice in half :P). Based on Akira Kurosawa's live action seven samurai movie.
    I read the break blade manga so may watch the anime. Have seen Raxephon, aquarion, infinite stratos, and samurai 7. I liked IS and S7 though don't really consider them a true Mech series and definetly not what I am looking for in terms of material. A few of the others I will check out though thanks.

Oh also I have seen escaflowe lol can't forget that one.

Quote Originally Posted by futabaaoi View Post
    That last page you went on assumed I hated everything Gainax. The stuff I did watch that Gainax did put out. I at least was interested in watching. I enjoyed Gunbuster and Panty & Stocking. This just sounds like you are mad that I don't want to watch Seinfeld. Eva is the least interesting thing that Gainax has put out. It will never make me curious to watch it.

It is just as dumb an image macro as all the awards Eva won, that actually do not say anything at all.

And WindKami avoid Gunbuster it has Aliens in it.
    Eeeh. FLCL exists.

But with Eva to me, given its time and such, its like its; "oh, so in case Wing was convoluted enough for you, here is an incoherent mess where the plot and conflict take backseat to the pretentious adolescent and mental tones of the story. Kinda like why Eureka 7 is bad too. Kudos for G-Reco for being good enough to make me forget who the animators were.
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

And Evas plot and premise are good and thought provoking. Man defies the Will of god and slays his messengers who want to reset the world? F#ck that! Let's focus on our pussy protagonist and his harem of crazy and bland.

and then go on a 4 episode spree summarized with the main character trembling while holding his head, eyes wide open.

- - - Updated - - -

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

Then make a movie, retconning the ending and still answer nothing while throwing religious symbolism cause why not.

I'm not fan of Eva.

Wing failed the gundam-verse by letting this beat it in their anime rivalry.

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

@windkami

Cool you've already read the broken blade manga! The part they took out from the manga in the movie version is Girge's final battle probably due to time restrictions of the movies.

I liked IS and S7 though don't really consider them a true Mech series and definetly not what I am looking for in terms of material. A few of the others I will check out though thanks.
    Just checking where your taste in mecha preference would end haha! You probably might want to drop bakuretsu tenshi and ride back then.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/Masterson/Forum%20signatures/sinanjuver2copy.png

Quote Originally Posted by Garret Masterson View Post
    @windkami

Cool you've already read the broken blade manga! The part they took out from the manga in the movie version is Girge's final battle probably due to time restrictions of the movies.

Just checking where your taste in mecha preference would end haha! You probably might want to drop bakuretsu tenshi and ride back then.

Okay lol and yeah lately i have become so pressed for time that when I watch something and I have to watch it with Japanese Subs then it has to be only the best of the best and tailor to my tastes pretty well. I like lots of scifi like with Technology crazy weapons, beams, swords, and energy shields alike. But I also like war plot lines typically and war between man not alien as they all have the same flavor and with a war of man you tend to get a little more thought provoking at least in my experience.

@windkami

hmmm... how about space operas? They're pretty close to your tastes sans the mechs since they're more on war politics and fleet battles. I'd recommend legend of legendary heroes and legend of galactic heroes. The latter is a 110 episode ova made from the 80s to early 90s. I'm trying to watch it but the number of episodes keeps me from starting lol. Space battleship yamato as well even though the enemy are aliens at least they're humanoids.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/Masterson/Forum%20signatures/sinanjuver2copy.png

Give me Garzey's Wing, Bubblegum Crash, the ST:TOS episode "Spock's Brain", and/or the Star Wars Holiday Special over Eva any day.
    Sieg Zeon!