Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Anime Movie Night?

More of a idea/request thread for a group activity with the forum members, but I still think it's relevant. Basically, one of us can stream a movie or short OVA at a scheduled time for members here to watch, maybe using some kind of streaming site so we can watch it and chat during the whole thing. It could be a weekly or monthly thing as we try to work around schedule and timezone and such. Unfortunately, I have a toast of a computer and just wifi, so I don't think I could stream very well.

Some obvious choices since it's a Gundam site would be the MSG Movie Trilogy, Ideon: To Be Invoked, the Zeta movies, War in the Pocket, Char's Counterattack etc. Though for non Gundam related stuff we could certainly vote on it. Here are some suggestions off the top of my head. Lots of great stuff I probably didn't mention, though.

Twilight of the Cockroaches
    Galaxy Express 999
    Flying Phantom Ghost Ship
    Gregory Horror Show (one series at a time)
    The Belladonna of Sadness
    Jin Roh Wolf Brigade
    Paprika
    Memories
    Dominion Tank Police
    New Dominion Tank Police
    Roujin Z
    Robot Carnival
    Tokyo Godfathers
    Macross Plus
    Ghost in the Shell
    Karas
    Lily C.A.T.
    Perfect Blue
    MD Giest
    Fist of the North Star
    The Adolescence of Utena
    Last edited by Riah; December 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Re: Anime Movie Night?

I'll throw my hat in, the Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z movies and the 1986 Hokuto no Ken movie.

Oh, I'd definitely be all for watching the Fist of the North Star movie, even if the ending is really jarring. It's a fun ride.

I'm definitely fond of Curse of the Blood Rubies and Path to Power for Dragon Ball movies and Wrath of the Dragon and Battle of the Gods for DBZ.

However, I haven't seen Mystical Adventure or Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle yet. Same with Bojack Unbound and Super Android 13.

Edit:

Something I want to add is that I think that if a dub is available for a movie or OVA we watch in this, I think we should use that. My reasoning is because since we're going to chat while watching the movie/ova, a dub will make it easier for us to chat and watch it at the same time. We won't have to read the subtitles and chat log at the same time. It's a multitasking issue. Even if the show has a bad dub, that's another thing we can talk about, even laugh at. However, ultimately that decision is to whoever will be streaming.

Also, for Twilight of the Cockroaches and Gregory Horror Show at least, I believe dubs may be the only option.

Double Edit:
    I can't believe I didn't mention the Utena movie. Honestly, it's probably the thing I'd most want to watch with people so we can all at once experience THAT SCENE, possibly the most WTF moment of anime history. Well, and because Utena is my favorite anime.
    Last edited by Riah; December 24, 2014 at 8:08 AM.

I can't speak to the other movies besides DBZ and HNK

Hohohoho, the dub of the Fist of the North Star is so damn terrible, it's almost an art. And Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince of Bel-air even voices a character

I'd totally be up for a Dragon Ball Z movie session since Fukkatsu no F is dropping somewhere in 2015, and it'll be nice to chat to fellow DBZ fans about their thoughts on the classics.
    The Reddit DBZ sub is full of people that are so religious on what's canon and filler, it hurts.

Macross Plus or DYRL (Do you remember Love? ) would be a fun watch.

Akira could be cool.

We could count how many times they yell on another's names in the final conflict.

(Spoiler Alert: It's allot)

Yeah, it gets pretty ridiculous.
    Though, which dub of Akira would it be? The old really bad one for comedy value or newer actually good one?

You mean there's a new one? lol Did not know that.

Great to hear a lot more people are into the idea. However, like I said, to make it happened we're gonna need someone who'd know how to/be willing to stream the movies. So, if anybody can volunteer for that, that'd be just perf. Again, I'm very sorry I can't be the one to do that myself; it just wouldn't work very well.

Okay, just to keep with this. Looks like there's demand for DBZ Movies, Macross Plus, Akira, and the Fist of the North Star movie. That's at least two (if we do a double feature) or four (if it's one movie per night) nights there.

Oh, and if we ever do the 0079 movie trilogy or War in the Pocket, I'd really like to invite my boyfriend to come and watch with us. He's only seen Wing and Seed and I want to re-introduce him to the franchise in a way that isn't, in his own words, "so emo."

this is a good idea. i like it. idk how to stream stuff bit im sure i could figure it out. ive got Gurren Lagann. and Macross Frontier. and maybe some other stuff

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

The new dub for Akira, the one with Jhonny Yong Bosch as Kaneda, is definitely the superior dub, but from what I gather, more people love the old dub. I recommend the new dub in any case.

Also, I'd like to put Ninja Scroll up there if nobody has objections to content not appropriate for kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by zeon's redcomet View Post
    akira could be cool.

We could count how many times they yell on another's names in the final conflict.

(spoiler alert: It's allot)
    kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!! Kaneda!!! Tetsuo!!!

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    You mean there's a new one? lol Did not know that.
    Yeah, it got a redub at some point. It's actually pretty good. Far less awkward and wooden.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Starlord View Post
    The new dub for Akira, the one with Jhonny Yong Bosch as Kaneda, is definitely the superior dub, but from what I gather, more people love the old dub. I recommend the new dub in any case.

Also, I'd like to put Ninja Scroll up there if nobody has objections to content not appropriate for kiddies.
    Were all grown here (well maybe not mentally) DO EET

Zaku on kova luu.