Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Re: Anime Movie Night?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    Were all grown here (well maybe not mentally) DO EET
    Yeah, my list was under that assumption. You can probally tell if you know anything about The Belladona of Sadness, MD Giest, Perfect Blue, Ghost in the Shell, Jin Roh, Lily C.A.T., The Adolesence of Utena (well the final scene at least), Paprika, etc. though I do even have some "kid's" movies listed like Galaxy Express 999 and Flying Phantom Ghost Ship. And with mentions of Macross Plus... yeah... that movie goes into some territory even I'd say is disturbing. Just like Wings of Homenaise, even though I'll say it is a great film, it can make me sick to my stomach. I'm pretty sure I don't have to say what I'm talking about.

Though I think the site itself tries to be family friendly, so I guess we'd just have to put a warning if a movie wouldn't exactly be PG.
    "So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots? " - The Simpsons 167, The Itchy & Scratchey & Poochey Show

If anybody has kids joining, it won't be a problem, because there are tons of great Miyazaki movies that both kids and adults can enjoy.

Porco Rosso is a great example.

well we should certainly do more mature stuff we will just have to mention it that its rated R when we do. because lets face it. we are not going to stop some kid from seeing a R movie.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Shin, you might be interested in Flying Phantom Ghost Ship since it was something Miyazaki did design work for in the 60's back when he was an unknown

Oh yeah, to address some other suggestions brought up, I'm not really into Akira as a film. I respect what it did, but I still think it's sloppy, it'd have to be since it tried to adapt a manga so large. Gurren Laggan I still like at the end of the day, but I have a lot of problems with it. Though, in either case I'd be fine with watching them. I actually haven't seen the two Gurren Laggan movies.

Oh, I guess we might need to try to list what would work for schedule wise. I'm in the EST, and I'm prefer any time from late afternoon or night. However, with enough caffeine I can swing anything. I shouldn't be much a worry in that department.
    "So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots? " - The Simpsons 167, The Itchy & Scratchey & Poochey Show

Another film that could be an interesting watch is Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade. It's one of my favorite films.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Another film that could be an interesting watch is Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade. It's one of my favorite films.
    I actually did list Jin Roh Wolf Brigade in the OP. I personally haven't seen it yet, but it's been so highly recommended to me by a lot of reviewers I really respect, so I plan on seeing it eventually.

Do so. It is slow at times but it is worth it to stick till the end. There is Also a bit heavyhanded symbolism but nothing too distracting. I will highly recommend it.

Not sure what site/s we're gonna need or what'll work. I found called Synatop that I think might work. Looks like you can upload videos to stream and can even use youtube, where I can I find a fair amount of anime films anyway like the Fist of the North Star one. Just in case, I made a group on there called Anime Ji Nai for us. Though, I'll have to do some research.

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    Galaxy Express 999
    Oh man, this is the very first anime I ever saw. No regrets.

edit: also I agree with Akira. That series deals with some very heady stuff, which the comics give plenty of space to breathe. But to do the same in a two or two-and-a-half hour movie just didn't quite work out as well. I have friends who have seen the film and never read (in some cases were never aware of) the manga, and it blows their minds when I tell them more than half of it is a post-apocalypse story, and that the film's end point is really the halfway point.

Same can be said of Berserk, actually.

Looks like it'd also be easy to do this over Steam if anyone else here has that. Basically, whoever is broadcasting can just set their media player as a game. Since I'm the OP and kinda sorta almost organizing this, I can see if I can get it to work right, but again, I doubt it and Zaku or someone else might have to do the duty.

Yeah, I'll try between Synatop and Steam and see what works best.
    Last edited by Riah; December 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM.

I have steam but I have clue how to get that to work.

Also word to the wise during CCA if that gets whatched at any point, I may or may not be tempted to post the phrase "Char was right" or "Sieg Zeon" from time to time.
    "I don't like jumps. Because you know if I want to fly I would be a pilot not sitting in a car"-Walter Rohrl Two time World Rally Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    I have steam but I have clue how to get that to work.

Also word to the wise during CCA if that gets whatched at any point, I may or may not be tempted to post the phrase "Char was right" or "Sieg Zeon" from time to time.
    You wouldnt be the only one Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    You wouldnt be the only one Lol.
    And I'll just end up saying my usual rant on Char that I'e had to explain to many times by now that I know it by heart.
    "I don't think Char Aznable was being noble at all in Char's Counterattack, only briefly noble in Zeta. After losing Lalah and Kamille (who isn't really all that different to Lalah from Char's perspective.) and seeing no true change in the Federation, he's a broken man. He has lost everything and doesn't see his past actions has having any significance. All that's left of him is his old friend, his petty vengeance. It was thing that fueled him when his father was killed. It was what he fell back on when Lalah was taken away from him. This is part of Char's very nature and it didn't go away with time. Char Aznable KNOWS what the right thing to do is, he may even act on it sometimes. However, he's a petty bastard when push comes to shove so he's ultimately a pathetic man not really worthy of reverence."

"Though, ultimately Char IS cool, and not just in that superficial mask man in the sweet custom mobile suit who is 'FIGHTING FOR OUR PRAYERS!!!'. He's cool because he's a well written character with a fatal flaw, like how decently written character has at least one flaw. But I think it's because much of what's so interesting about him comes from a claw and conflicts in his character it brings, that some fans just don't like to admit it. It kinda splits Char into Char the character and the idealized, superficial Char 'meme'."

1367852176631 (1).jpg

Pic related.
    - -

More or less. I mean I could state my piece on this as well (Which isn't too opposed from yours tbh) but I A don't want to derail the thread and B. Am on my PS3 atm and posting is an issue for any length.
    "I don't like jumps. Because you know if I want to fly I would be a pilot not sitting in a car"-Walter Rohrl Two time World Rally Champion

Less talk and more Char kicks I say!