Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkeys Garage

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Re: Wing Proto Zero 00, I'm finally back!

I got started on the Pearl coating. This is one leg, I just have the parts on for a fitting but you can see how well the pearl is coming along.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

As for Zaku saying "Show me what you got going" Well here is my back log.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

And a few of the semi-finished Gundams. I finally got one of those Glass display cases from Ikea. I recommend it for others if you want a cool way to show off you Gundams. On a good note, it so far seams to be kitten proof, but she is still trying.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Woah, and I thought my backlog was big.
    Also, is that the PG 00 Raiser that I'm seeing ?

Yes sir that is a PG 00, what you don't see is the PG Kshatriya he is still in Florida. And I have the PG Wing Gundam 0 and the PG RX-78 GP01/FB on order from HLJ.

Now, I'm officially jelly Lol.
    All the kits look great, as does your cat

Administrator

That is certainly and impressive backlog man, and the Proto Zero is coming along very nicely.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Alas my friends, the dreaded Gundam Gremlin has struck yet again. After looking closely at the fully painted parts there are some issues. Apparently I did not get all parts sanded fully. I missed a few spots. It is hard to sand white on white especially when you are half blind. So a stripping I will go. The parts are in a vat of Purple Power and I will commence the repainting when I get back from my run. I think this time I will try a bit of pre-shading and see what that looks like. So until next week the saga continues.
    P.S. My girl thinks that I'm slightly deranged. This is meant to be fun and relaxing, yet every time she turns around I'm get all grumpy about this part or that part. Heck that's half the fun right? She understands but still thinks it's funny.

- - - Updated - - -

P.P.S. That back log would not be half as big as it is, if they would just stop making cool new kits or reissuing cool new kits. It's hard to keep up. But if they stopped making new kits what would there be to look forward to? It"s a catch 22.

O.K. back to work on the wing O. I wanted to try doing some inner frame detail. I wasn't sure how I would do what I wanted so experimenting I went. I got some liquid latex stuff from Mr. hobby it is used to mask of big areas with a latex coating that you can just pull off when you are done. Problem is that stuff is really thick and nasty. I just added a bit of water and used a small brush I used a 20/0 detailing brush. first I painted the Gold then masked off the lines then painted the magnesium and carefully took off the masking. I think I still need a bit of practice, but I think it looks cool. Kind of a bit of unplanned weathering. any other ideas as always are welcome, and sometimes needed.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I do like how the magnesium reacted with the gold and kind of did a preshading effect.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I think your experiment is a success. Those parts are looking pretty darn good and the shades work well with each other.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Exclamation Re: Wing Proto Zero 00, I'm finally back!

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    Yes sir that is a PG 00, what you don't see is the PG Kshatriya he is still in Florida. And I have the PG Wing Gundam 0 and the PG RX-78 GP01/FB on order from HLJ.
    Hold up, is that actually a thing?

- - - Updated - - -

As for Zaku saying "Show me what you got going" Well here is my back log.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    ...that's one hell of a backlog.

PG Kshatriya yes in a weird sort of way it is a real thing. It is a monster to build, full of LEDs and all kinds of parts. It is not an actual Bandai kit but the quality is incredible. Others who have built it say that it is basically a PG as far as size and detail involved. Here is one to look at.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-100-NZ-666...33499167&rt=nc

Goodness gracious, you could seriously start a store with that amount of kits.

You've achieved some very nice results from painting. They look great.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

dlinker: thank you my friend.

PG Kshatriya yes in a weird sort of way it is a real thing. It is a monster to build, full of LEDs and all kinds of parts. It is not an actual Bandai kit but the quality is incredible. Others who have built it say that it is basically a PG as far as size and detail involved. Here is one to look at.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-100-NZ-666...33499167&rt=nc
    *makes note on bucket list*

Bossguy, unfortunately I just got another shipment in yesterday. 4 more added to the pile, and I still have 9 on back order. As much as I like building I think my OCD is getting the better of me when it comes to buying. Also I'm getting ready to buy a house, soooo the Gundam money is going to take a big dip so get em wile I can.

- - - Updated - - -

OK my first official bitch about a build. WTF is with my painting on this kit!!??! I should have left well enough alone but no I had to try and "fix" things. Crap crap crappity crap! First I painted the pearl white and it was perfect! Great ! but then I saw that the parts were not so perfect. so I had to strip them and re sand and make all smoth and pretty. now I'm repainting and the crap won't go on to save my life! this time it runs at the slightest bit of over spray puddles in the pease WTH I'm using the same damn paint from the same damn bottle. Gurrrrrr! I guess I have to start over YET AGAIN! I will finish this kit if it kills me. Any ideas guys? what the hell. Have any of you had this type of problem. You paint, oops strip and repaint, and now the paint is all "nope I don't think so" About ready to shelf this kit for a bit and work on my EX-Gundam.

So what parts exactly are you referring to... frame or armor?

Did perfection tell you to do it? Don't listen to that bitch. Listen to progress, it's way chill and relax on things LOL.