Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Skulblaka's Completed Projects

So guys, I decided to make my own completed-kits thread and here my latest build, MG Unicorn Gundam Unit 02, The Banshee.
    I just finished this kit couple of weeks ago, and just got the time to do the photo shoot, so you may notice some dust on the kit which i forgot to clean up.

This kit took me about one month to finished it mainly because I only worked at it about one-two hour a day. No modification, just adding couple of hole using micro-drill, and minus mold on knee-joint, elbow joint and on Armed Armor BS and VN.
    I painted the frame with Star bright Iron,
    Fluorescence Orange for the psycho-frame,
    Very dark gray if is not black for the armor (kinda dislike the original dark navy blue),
    Pearl Gold for the v-fin, face-plate and gold detail,
    and lastly clear matte coat for the whole armor except the frame and the gold detail.

For the decals, I got the third party one, I like the gold but the border of the decal kinda weird and gave glossy appearance, which I regret, as you can see on the photo.

About the kit, overall it's a fun build, and the kit itself quite good. The flaw about this kit mainly because of its transformation gimmick as other MG Unicorn. When in Unicorn mode the kit feel solid, but in Destroy Mode you can feel fragility here and there. Top of the shoulder tend to fall off, as well the flap on the back of the leg. Arm joint is good. but the ankle awful since the ankle side movement almost non-existence.

And here it is,
    Unicorn Mode:

As you can see, the feet unable to stand flat on the floor due to limited range of ankle joint. This problem gone when in destroy mode, but leave the ankle very unstable.

Destroy Mode:

You can notice the border of decal especially on the Armed Armor BS when light fell on it.

That's it, guys. I very welcome any critics and suggestions, so don't hold back. After all, critics is what made us to become a better modeler.

Also, here's the link to my other finished projects that not featured here :
    MG Gundam 00 Qan [T]
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...undam-00-Qan-T

MG RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...Unicorn-Gundam
    Last edited by skulblaka-ven; November 10, 2014 at 10:38 AM.
    "The only thing you can change about the past is how you feel about it in the present." - Lockon Stratos.

Looks good man

Administrator

Re: Skulblaka's Completed Projects

Ask anyone around here, I am a sucker for a good looking Banshee, and let me say this. Your Banshee looks awesome. The details that you added really make it look awesome. And the decal placement looks great!
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Kinda hard to critique such a well-done kit. Decals, paint job, detailing, it all looks great. Did you encounter any paint scratches during transformation? If there was one nitpick to have, it would be that the psychoframe isn't as prominent.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Really digging the flat-black and flame-orange combo.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by gundamENGR View Post
    Looks good man
    Thanks, man.

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    Ask anyone around here, I am a sucker for a good looking Banshee, and let me say this. Your Banshee looks awesome. The details that you added really make it look awesome. And the decal placement looks great!
    Thanks a lot, sir, for your kind words. Really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    Kinda hard to critique such a well-done kit. Decals, paint job, detailing, it all looks great. Did you encounter any paint scratches during transformation? If there was one nitpick to have, it would be that the psychoframe isn't as prominent.
    Thanks, mate. Means a lot. Definitely yes, but maybe not on very visible piece, since I kinda treat it like fragile porcelain. About the psycoframe, yep i notice it not so prominent especially in room light, I once planned to give it a silver base before paint it in orange, but refrain to do that bcos I am afraid it gonna scratched up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Really digging the flat-black and flame-orange combo.
    Thanks, man. Glad you like it!
    Last edited by skulblaka-ven; November 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM.
    "The only thing you can change about the past is how you feel about it in the present." - Lockon Stratos.

That looks amazing. That shade of gold is PERFECT. Mixed with the matte black, you have a winner.
    "All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Bossguy View Post
    That looks amazing. That shade of gold is PERFECT. Mixed with the matte black, you have a winner.
    Thank you a lot for the compliment, Bossguy.

On man that looks wonderful. Amazing job man.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

^Thanks a lot, Zaku, sir. Glad that you like it.

Super Moderator

Great build. Particularly like that you did the proper, 2 types of gold, like for the vfin/neck and then the little vents. My one critique, is that it might have benefited from a coat of gloss after the decals before the flat. I know that would make the gold decals less reflective, but the edges are kind of noticeable. The more i think about it, the more i think it's really almost impossible to not have happen. :/

Also, yay to someone asking for critiques.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Thanks, mate, for the kind words. Those two gold are non intentional, they are actually the same color, the only difference is, I didn't give enough layer on the vfin/neck, so the stock color (bandai so-called gold) gave it orange tone to the final color.
    That gloss before flat are actually make sense, never crossed my kind before. I definitely try it in my future projects. Thanks for the precious inputs, mate.

Skulblaka's Completed Projects : Exia

Here it is, my latest finished kit. The MG Gundam Exia. This is just an out-of-box build as I consider this my warm-up for the next project, the Exia Repair. This kit itself come from MG Gundam Exia Ignition Mode, and sadly you got to choose the normal one or the repair one. So I went for the normal one first, and get normal MG Exia to make it into Exia Repair.

The only paint applied only on the inner frame to make it darker a bit, the mechanism behind the GN Strip which I painted it in Starbright Gold, and the yellow part which I painted in orange to make the color more contast. As for the armor just snapfit , add decals, and clear flat coat.

As for the kit, It was a fun build, and quite similar to MG 00 Qan[T] which mean it got excellent articulation. All I can say is I got no complaint on this guy.

So here it is,

Few attempt on action pose, which I'm suck at it.

There you go, guys! As always, I'm looking for critics and suggestion.

Loving the colors here so clean and crisp. The only thing that sticks out to me is the heel. Not sure if that's a seam line or if it's a panel line. Otherwise I think it looks good

^thanks, man, really appreciate it.
    Those are panel line, that heel part are one piece, with no flashline