Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Non gundam art of badassery

qbg7NPV.jpgindex.jpg130002186169.jpggunbuster2.jpg
    Zaku, bow before your god of monoeyes, Gunbuster!

Here it is in action!
    "So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots? " - The Simpsons 167, The Itchy & Scratchey & Poochey Show

I e heard the name mentioned before but i havent seen it. Is it any good?

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    I e heard the name mentioned before but i havent seen it. Is it any good?
    Well I linked to a fight scene from the OVA so you can get a taste, but yes. Honestly, I think it's the best robot show Gainax ever made. It combines the large scale super robot action we'd later see in Gurren Laggan with a very fleshed out setting and tech. It initially starts out as a parody of a shoujo tennis anime/one of the earliest examples of a show with yuri elements, Aim for The Ace, but escalates into more serious territory from there with an emphasis on the drama and gets into how FTL and how it affects time would affect peoples lives. You have to wait a bit for it to really go into the action, but it's hella worth it. One of my favorite mecha shows and a classic that's influenced others. Though, I have to warn you it can get very fanservicey; it's practically where a lot of the exaggerated anime jiggle physics originated and why that used to be called Gainaxing.
    Edit: It also was widely circulated subbed on VHS, with some infamously bad subs too. Regardless, it used to be one of those main series the community at large watched in the pre-Toonami era of American anime. If you know an oldtaku, chances are they've seen it.
    "So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots? " - The Simpsons 167, The Itchy & Scratchey & Poochey Show

it does look pretty good. ive only seen like two anime in their entirety that could be called super robot animes. just Gurren Lagann and G Gundam. so idk a whole lot about them but this does indeed look good.

"Though, I have to warn you it can get very fanservicey; it's practically where a lot of the exaggerated anime jiggle physics originated and why that used to be called Gainaxing"
    that i can certainly live with lol.

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    it does look pretty good. ive only seen like two anime in their entirety that could be called super robot animes. just Gurren Lagann and G Gundam. so idk a whole lot about them but this does indeed look good.

"Though, I have to warn you it can get very fanservicey; it's practically where a lot of the exaggerated anime jiggle physics originated and why that used to be called Gainaxing"
    that i can certainly live with lol.
    Gunbuster/Aim for the Top (Aim for the Top is the Japanese title) is a sorta grey area for the super/real distinction. I'd say it's Super action in a Real setting. I mentioned the fanserivce thing as a warning of sorts because I know a lot of people don't really want or care for fanservice for reasons I quite understand. It was more of a heads up as to not give you potentially an unpleasant surprise. But, yeah, if that's a not a problem for you, whatever.

Well, I know more about "super" series than and "reals". It was Mazinkaiser and Grendizer were what got me into mecha in recent years. There's definitely a lot that are really worth just as anime in general. I know Kenico, Squee, and Zeta seem like they'd eagerly recommend Big O with it's mystery and film noir styling. And Yasuhiro Imagawa who directed G Gundam went on to reboot a lot of older super franchises with Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Shin Mazinger Z, and Tesujin 28-Go. Shin Mazinger especially seems to be growing into a fan favorite. They really build of a lot of the themes in G Gundam; they're so good they almost make me forgive him for writing goddamned Virgin Fleet. Of course, outside of that, there's all sorts of good, newer shows like Dai Gaurd the Getter ovas, or older curiosities like Dairugger XV where the hero team fights among themselves as much as the they fight against the villains.

1241539712136.jpgfd.png
    But yeah, here's something more on topic, some pages/panels from the Getter Robo Go manga.

Well since Video game art seems kosher, gonna do some awesome stuff here:

- - - Updated - - -

"I don't like jumps. Because you know if I want to fly I would be a pilot not sitting in a car"-Walter Rohrl Two time World Rally Champion

Master chef is awesome. And the Guncannon spartan is bad ass.

Zaku on kova luu.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    Gunbuster/Aim for the Top (Aim for the Top is the Japanese title) is a sorta grey area for the super/real distinction. I'd say it's Super action in a Real setting. I mentioned the fanserivce thing as a warning of sorts because I know a lot of people don't really want or care for fanservice for reasons I quite understand. It was more of a heads up as to not give you potentially an unpleasant surprise. But, yeah, if that's a not a problem for you, whatever.

Well, I know more about "super" series than and "reals". It was Mazinkaiser and Grendizer were what got me into mecha in recent years. There's definitely a lot that are really worth just as anime in general. I know Kenico, Squee, and Zeta seem like they'd eagerly recommend Big O with it's mystery and film noir styling. And Yasuhiro Imagawa who directed G Gundam went on to reboot a lot of older super franchises with Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Shin Mazinger Z, and Tesujin 28-Go. Shin Mazinger especially seems to be growing into a fan favorite. They really build of a lot of the themes in G Gundam; they're so good they almost make me forgive him for writing goddamned Virgin Fleet. Of course, outside of that, there's all sorts of good, newer shows like Dai Gaurd the Getter ovas, or older curiosities like Dairugger XV where the hero team fights among themselves as much as the they fight against the villains.

1241539712136.jpgfd.png
    But yeah, here's something more on topic, some pages/panels from the Getter Robo Go manga.
    that looks so bad ass. you have convinced me i need to check it out. F DINOSAURS!!! lolololololol

- - - Updated - - -

wow Dom those are really really really badass. nice finds man

Zaku on kova luu.

This thread needs some Kamen Rider. That's not even getting into BGC, Code Geass, GitS, and Godzilla, among many others.
    Sieg Zeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    This thread needs some Kamen Rider. That's not even getting into BGC, Code Geass, GitS, and Godzilla, among many others.
    well the DOO EET!!

Zaku on kova luu.

Not really the post random images type. I'm kinda hoping others will fulfill my wish list and provide me with some new awesome images.
    Sieg Zeon!

Cause Dougram needs more love.

- - - Updated - - -

Found a site with copious amounts of 80s mecha anime pics.

Zaku on kova luu.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -