0 0%
  • Mackenzie Calhoun (New Frontier)

1 6.67%
  • Other (see comments)

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek

Star Trek

Just wondering if there were any other Trekkies/Trekkers on the forum.
    Personally, I love the franchise, and I consider it second only to Gundam.

This thread is for discussing anything and everything regarding Star Trek. Favorite characters, episodes, quotes, or anything else you want to discuss about the franchise.
    Last edited by Zeta-G; November 6, 2014 at 2:36 AM.
    Sieg Zeon!

Re: Star Trek

I'm a Trekkie and proud of it. I am personally stuck between voting for Janeway and Kirk as my favorite captain. You what just shoot me, I vote for Janeway.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Poll is simple. Vote for your favorite captain. I included all of the captains of note from the live action productions, plus two popular captains from the novels.

Personally, Sisko is my captain. Words are simply not enough to convey how awesome he is. Plus he punched Q.

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite episodes from each series:
    ENT: In a Mirror Darkly (Parts 1 & 2)
    TOS: Space Seed (to be perfectly honest and predictable), The Cage (second favorite).
    TNG: The Offspring
    DS9: Trials and Tribble-ations (Pretty much impossible for me to narrow it down to only one, so I let Dax in a TOS uniform geeking out over everything be the tiebreaker).
    VOY: Tuvix
    Sieg Zeon!

Favorite Captain: Picard, grew up with him in TNG, so kind of biased, plus I just love his style.

Though Sisko punching Q was fantastic.

One the reasons I like Janeway is that she basically held the Voyager crew together for 10+ years while traveling through the Delta Quadrant.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

For me, the problem with Janeway is that she is fundamentally immoral and evil. See: VOY: Tuvix for the perfect example. Honestly, some of the mirror universe villains have a better sense of morality than Janeway. She's the only Star Trek captain that I do not like on any level.
    Picard on the other hand is awesome. He's definitely my number 2. I'm not surprised in the least that he is currently the most popular captain in the poll.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Sisko, he basically led the Federation's entire war effort against the Dominion, all while raising his kid alone, dealing with the Klingons' betrayal, playing politics with multiple factions, dating, and dealing with a planet full of religious quacks, who saw him as their prophet. The man knows how to get things done.
    Sieg Zeon!

Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a Gundam mechanic!

I like Picard, I like Kirk. But I love Archer. The only Star Trek shows I've seen are TNG and ENT, but I've seen all the TOS movies they did and the TNG movies as well as the two reboots. And really TNG is only because BBC America plays them a lot so I was able to watch it all more or less. But with Enterprise, I loved it all. So much so that I actually bought all four seasons on DVD.

Plus the great thing about it with the reboots is it's the only canon Star Trek stuff for that universe. Which is nice.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Bad thing about the Reboots?

I doubt they'll ever make a movie or series for the Prime Universe again.

Which sucks. Because I'm not fond of the Reboots at all, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    Personally, I love the franchise, and I consider it second only to Gundam.
    You and I are reversed. Must be a mirror universe thing.

Picard got my vote. I'm a longtime fan of the franchise (many decades!), and while I love all of the captains, Picard just always stood out to me. I'm also a big fan of the recent novels, as the "relaunches" they've done for the Prime Universe have been excellent. (Seriously, read Destiny and Vanguard, people.)
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Bad thing about the Reboots?

I doubt they'll ever make a movie or series for the Prime Universe again.

Which sucks. Because I'm not fond of the Reboots at all, to say the least.
    With any luck, the split ownership of the franchise will cause CBS to make the (eventual) next TV series part of the Prime universe. But for the love of all that is Trek give us Roddenberry humans again. It forced the writers to think creatively, since they couldn't use the standard interpersonal conflicts so prevalent on other shows. Also keep Berman and Braga away from the showrunner chair. They can be on staff (as they do have some useful talents), but neither is fit to run a TV show. Get Behr, Coto, Moore, or someone else with a track record of being a good showrunner, who also gets what Star Trek is supposed to be about (unlike that idiot J.J. Abrams. Seriously, I can't wait to see him mess up Star Wars too. Oh wait he already has. EU forever!). There's still enough great Star Trek writers left that they ought to be able to build a great writer's room for the inevitable next series.
    Sieg Zeon!

For me, the problem with Janeway is that she is fundamentally immoral and evil. See: VOY: Tuvix for the perfect example. Honestly, some of the mirror universe villains have a better sense of morality than Janeway. She's the only Star Trek captain that I do not like on any level.
    Picard on the other hand is awesome. He's definitely my number 2. I'm not surprised in the least that he is currently the most popular captain in the poll.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Sisko, he basically led the Federation's entire war effort against the Dominion, all while raising his kid alone, dealing with the Klingons' betrayal, playing politics with multiple factions, dating, and dealing with a planet full of religious quacks, who saw him as their prophet. The man knows how to get things done.
    SFdebris, is that you?? lmao

He basically says the same thing

Whoever that is, s/he is not me.

- - - Updated - - -

So does anyone else play Star Trek Online? It's free to play now, and available for both Windows and Mac. I started playing it about two months ago. Pretty fun so far, although I don't currently have the necessary free time available to really get into it. My main character is an Andorian female.

- - - Updated - - -

So does anyone have a favorite Starfleet uniform design? Personally, I'm torn between the early DS9 one for aesthetic and practicality reasons, and the more militaristic WoK uniforms.
    Sieg Zeon!

I'm torn between the WoK uniforms and the gray ones used in Star Trek Into Darkness. Both of them have a militaristic flavor that I like.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

So does anyone have a favorite Starfleet uniform design? Personally, I'm torn between the early DS9 one for aesthetic and practicality reasons, and the more militaristic WoK uniforms.
    For me, I like the post-TMP movie uniforms, the TNG Season 3-7 collared uniforms, the "fatigues" introduced in First Contact, and...yes...the Enterprise jumpsuits. If I had to pick a favorite...probably the post-TMP movie uniforms. But it's a tough call, to be honest.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread