Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54550515253545556 LastLast

Re: Doms completed Gunpla

I need to get me a nice sniper mobile suit!

I alluded to a idea I had for a while in the other thread.
    An late 0090s reserve unit, made from bits and pieces of Federation suits to bring more higher standard units into the hands of reserve squadrons till Jegans could replace the GM's in their entirety.

This is the basic idea. A GM III mixed with a Mark II. with ability to use variety of weapons, like the Gabtleys beam rifle and Jegans shield.
    The parts I planned to use for it: Torso from the AEUG Mk II revive (to allow it use the Defenser pack), Limbs, shoulders and head from the GM III, hands from the Super Gundam and weapons from the Gabtley and Jegan.

inspiration for the idea came from this GM III. To me, it looks so damn good, I almost cri when I see it.

Look great! Good positioned!

Totally forgot to post these, I snapped the thing like four days ago. It's very similar to the GM Sniper II, sharing about 75% of parts with it. Head, fore arms, lower legs, torso front and the backpack making bulk of the new parts.

After moths of stalling for no real reason, i started the Lightning Saix.
    I also put some decals on the GM Command. I've become so dependent on water slides, stickers or rub transfers just won't do it.

That GM is looking good, btw did you notice that you get enough waterslides in the kit to also do a Colony Type? The bandai decal set that's on pre-order for the GM sniper II and GM command has the same decals on it that the P-Bandai kit has split between decals for the two types of GM Command. Honestly the oddest thing is you actually get more of some decals with the P-Bandai kit and from the look of it, more decals overall that are "specific" for the GM Commands.

Quote Originally Posted by McWeaksauce View Post
    That GM is looking good, btw did you notice that you get enough waterslides in the kit to also do a Colony Type? The bandai decal set that's on pre-order for the GM sniper II and GM command has the same decals on it that the P-Bandai kit has split between decals for the two types of GM Command. Honestly the oddest thing is you actually get more of some decals with the P-Bandai kit and from the look of it, more decals overall that are "specific" for the GM Commands.
    Yeah, you get enough decals for both. They are also releasing decals for the HG EXAM Efreet alongside the other Blue Destiny units, which is nice direction they are heading.

- - - Updated - - -

Fruits of yesterdays and todays labor. I initially wanted to use the waterslides for the markings, but they kinda stinked so I decided to use the stickers, till I manage to paint them. And I will, these stickers are awful. Rest of the kit, tres bon , markings, merde.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Yeah, you get enough decals for both. They are also releasing decals for the HG EXAM Efreet alongside the other Blue Destiny units, which is nice direction they are heading.

- - - Updated - - -

Fruits of yesterdays and todays labor. I initially wanted to use the waterslides for the markings, but they kinda stinked so I decided to use the stickers, till I manage to paint them. And I will, these stickers are awful. Rest of the kit, tres bon , markings, merde.

Just curious is this the KA or the OVA version??
    WIP page : http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...rage-of-Gunpla

Completed kits
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...ed-quot-builds

All my latest work can also be seen on my Instagram (Gundam and Non-Gundam) jquintel2002

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JQ View Post
    Just curious is this the KA or the OVA version??
    The Ka.

Meant to post these like a week ago........I've become so damn lazy.

Sinanju is pretty nice kit....except those markings.....Both the stickers and waterslides are aweful. Stickers tend to peel off and look rather poor on larger areas. The waterslides are worse though. They are cut waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big. And they just refused to bloody stick, even when they dried, they just slid off or ripped. I spent solid twenty minutes trying to get the damn collar markings to stick before I gave up. Even with a decal setter they wont just stick. Mildly frustrating.

Rest of the kit was pretty good. I really need to get better pics with it.

Waff or as I call it "My Waffu" is pretty solid. I like it. It has pretty poor accessories, but they are pretty good looking and especially the shield is neat.

That kit's nothing to Waff at.

...I'll show myself out.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

Quote Originally Posted by Plamobot View Post
    That kit's nothing to Waff at.

...I'll show myself out.
    Dont let the door hit ya on your way out

After months of stalling, mangled ball joints, broken pieces and swearing, this thing is finally together.

So, the main issues where the leg ball joints, or more specifically, the way they where connected. The ball joints them selves where not molded into the connection pieces, so you had to connect them. They kept getting stuck in the polycap so I cemented them together. This was the mistake that almost doomed this thing. I was impatient and did't wait till they cement was hardened enough till I inserted it back to the socket. Needless to say, the damn thing spun around and ruined the connection. I managed to salvage the situation with super glue, but I was very close to just dumbing the whole thing. Another breakage happened with small pistons that are supposed to go to the side of the legs, these pieces are thin and molded from some sort of softer plastic. I broke two of them when I was trying to insert them into the legs. I ended up not using any of them. Also the polycap that connects the neck to the torso had broken in the middle. Think Koto molds their polycaps way too rigid, making them snap way too easy. This same thing happened to my Geno Breaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I snapped the Gouf. He's nice and solid. Not much else to be said.

It's been a long time since I've seen a thing that is so much ehhhhh.

Rubbery joints, poor ankles, terrible weight balance and eh articulation are countered by the sheer size and detail of it. I really can't say if I like it or not but I guess it's all right. It needs detail work and I'll be getting on that as soon as I can.

I was never really a fan of the hamma hamma either. It didn't strike me as something cool enough.