Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1622
  1. #1591
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    7,009

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by LeDelmo View Post
    The Galbaldy Beta is so cool!

    I cant for the life of me ever remember seeing this thing. Must have been a ZZ mobile suit. lol
    No, it was in Zeta Gundam. It was early on in the series. You remember when Jerid Messa fell for that blonde female pilot? What was her name again... oh yeah, Lt. Lila Milla Rira. She was a Galbaldy pilot. It happens around the time that Quattro shows Lt. Emma Sheen the aftermath of the Colony 30 Incident.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  2. #1592
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    209

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Aww, Wow I hardly recognize it. Must have thought it was just another Rick Dias or something. That old Z animation didn't help ether.

    As far as my favorite Zaku. I'd have to say the Zaku 1 MS-05S Commander Type.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So I just looked up the Gyan And Galbaldy variants. Its surprising all the mobile suits I have never seen.

    I like the Galbaldy Beta high mobility type aswell. And the Gyan has allot of really cool variants. The Gyan always had a really good platform. And some of the variants really take it to the next level. I really like the Zudah F and Gann EX.
    Last edited by LeDelmo; February 11, 2018 at 5:20 PM.

  3. #1593
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    California base.
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    The EFSF didn't just used upgrade Zakus. The Galbaldy Beta used by the regular EFSF was derived from a suit that is essentially Gyan but optimized for General Purpose combat. The Rick Dias was most likely developed from the Rick Dom (but again optimized GP combat). The Hi-Zack was already optimized for GP combat, being a descendant of the Zaku II. The whole point of why the EF used these suits was because they wanted to incorporate Zeon technology into their suits (kind of like how the US Air Force integrated German swept-wing and jet engine technology into their own advance jet fighter designs). There is another reason as well; it's to show that the EFSF had become corrupt from within. By having their mobile suits take on the appearance of the old Zeon suits, they could strike terror into the hearts of Spacenoids (basically using fear as a psychological weapon), but in so doing they don't realize that they were becoming the very evil they sought to destroy.
    Another reason for the federation development suit that had a zeon appearance is because after the OYW many zeon engineers and designer joined the federation and Anaheim electronics.

  4. #1594
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in a Void behind Time and Space
    Posts
    19,411

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    The EFSF didn't just used upgrade Zakus. The Galbaldy Beta used by the regular EFSF was derived from a suit that is essentially Gyan but optimized for General Purpose combat. The Rick Dias was most likely developed from the Rick Dom (but again optimized GP combat). The Hi-Zack was already optimized for GP combat, being a descendant of the Zaku II. The whole point of why the EF used these suits was because they wanted to incorporate Zeon technology into their suits (kind of like how the US Air Force integrated German swept-wing and jet engine technology into their own advance jet fighter designs). There is another reason as well; it's to show that the EFSF had become corrupt from within. By having their mobile suits take on the appearance of the old Zeon suits, they could strike terror into the hearts of Spacenoids (basically using fear as a psychological weapon), but in so doing they don't realize that they were becoming the very evil they sought to destroy.
    The Galbaldy Alpha was based off data from both the Gyan and Gelgoog. Used the suit as my characters final one in the OYW RP.

    Lord of the 1/144 Corps

    Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen


  5. #1595
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In yer base killin yer GMs
    Posts
    9,018

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    Another reason for the federation development suit that had a zeon appearance is because after the OYW many zeon engineers and designer joined the federation and Anaheim electronics.
    This. Anaheim ate a lot of em.

    Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

  6. #1596
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in a Void behind Time and Space
    Posts
    19,411

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    This. Anaheim ate a lot of em.
    Anaheim was also willing to overlook their Zeonic past for the most part.

    Lord of the 1/144 Corps

    Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen


  7. #1597
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    32,003

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    Anaheim was also willing to overlook their Zeonic past for the most part.
    Not too surprising, Look at the US space program post war for instance.

  8. #1598
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    7,009

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Not too surprising, Look at the US space program post war for instance.
    Yep. It was all part of a CIA operation called Operation: Paperclip. The objective was to nab as many Nazi scientists as possible so that the Soviets wouldn't get them. The end result was while the US did get a lot of the engineers, they didn't get any of the technicians that were part of the various programs (like the V1 missile and the V2 rocket). Ironically, the Soviets got a lot the technicians, but did not get any of the engineers.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  9. #1599
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in a Void behind Time and Space
    Posts
    19,411

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Yep. It was all part of a CIA operation called Operation: Paperclip. The objective was to nab as many Nazi scientists as possible so that the Soviets wouldn't get them. The end result was while the US did get a lot of the engineers, they didn't get any of the technicians that were part of the various programs (like the V1 missile and the V2 rocket). Ironically, the Soviets got a lot the technicians, but did not get any of the engineers.
    We got Wernher von Braun. He helped design and develop the V-2 rocket and served as the chief architect of the Saturn V SHLLV. The American high command had von Braun of the Black List, the code name for the list of German scientists and engineers targeted for immediate interrogation by U.S. military experts.

    Soviets may have held an early lead in the Space Race, but we won in the end.

    Lord of the 1/144 Corps

    Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen


  10. #1600
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    281

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    The EFSF didn't just used upgrade Zakus. The Galbaldy Beta used by the regular EFSF was derived from a suit that is essentially Gyan but optimized for General Purpose combat. The Rick Dias was most likely developed from the Rick Dom (but again optimized GP combat). The Hi-Zack was already optimized for GP combat, being a descendant of the Zaku II. The whole point of why the EF used these suits was because they wanted to incorporate Zeon technology into their suits (kind of like how the US Air Force integrated German swept-wing and jet engine technology into their own advance jet fighter designs). There is another reason as well; it's to show that the EFSF had become corrupt from within. By having their mobile suits take on the appearance of the old Zeon suits, they could strike terror into the hearts of Spacenoids (basically using fear as a psychological weapon), but in so doing they don't realize that they were becoming the very evil they sought to destroy.

    Yeah-- that doesn't make the least bit of sense.

    The Zeonic technology was blatantly crap. Despite having the lead for YEARS on making mobile suits, having developed them from simple workers to something that could actually defeat Warships-- the very first time that Anaheim so much as took a stab at making a mobile suit of any sort, it was so impossibly invincible that some whiney 15-year old geek could just climb into the thing on a total whim and just completely demolish the single most skilled pilot in all the Zeonic forces in his own personalized top-of-the-line, best-ever Zaku AND his entire squad.... over and over and over again without so much as sustaining a meaningful scratch!

    By the time they mass-produced the thing, absolute rookies who had absolutely never so much as climbed into a mobile suit even once could get into those things and disposed of the remaining experienced pilots that Zeon had left in their absolute pinnacle of mobile suit production within 2 months.

    And apparently there wasn't just one Gundam-- no, there were like 10-20 of the damn things active during the 1-year war and its direct aftermath. And not once, not even a single, solitary time did any Zeon pilot, most DEFINITELY not in any Zaku, gain even one victory over a Gundam. Not a single one was ever actually destroyed. There wasn't even something that could even be described as a "technical victory" in that maybe they lost, but at least they left a lasting impression. No, nothing. They just got completely one-sided steam-rolled everywhere and anyway a "Gundam" of any sort showed up. And literally everything that was put in the path of a Gundam or stumbled upon it was completely annihilated, every last member of Zeon who so much as laid eyes upon one ended up dead save for a number of traitors that could be counted on one-hand.


    And you are telling me that in order to "cause terror" they stopped using what no doubt in the eyes of the Zeonic forces was an invincible symbol of oppression that descended upon them like the hand of the devil himself and stole any dream of freedom from them and reaped all the souls that were brave enough to stand up and fight. And... instead they decided to use the most outdated, obsolete thing that had ever been seriously put upon the battlefield.

    That's not like the Americans and Russians incorporating German engineering into their battle machines. That is like after the Cold War launched, both the Americans and Russians decided to entirely throw out their entire jet production lines and instead have their elite forces flying propeller planes. You know, "upgraded" propeller planes, but most definitely propeller planes designed to look as similar as possible as those from the start of World War II. Oh, and they also painted them in Nazi colors.

    That's the other sticky point right there. If, in the very least, the "EFSF" alternate color Hi-Zack was the standard Titans color Hi-Zack instead, at least then they wouldn't be flying the colors of the very force they were designed to hunt down and eliminate.

    To be even remotely similar to the idea of incorporating German engineering into rockets, one would have to then claim that the mono-eye sight design was superior to the GM full optical vision and that having a bunch of exposed cables on the outside of the suit was superior to having armor plates over them. But those are both clearly signs of lower, cruder technology being used.... lower, cruder technology being given to those who apparently have the legal income of the entire Earth government backing them than the fringe rebel group with no financial support to speak of no less.

    And the very moment the Titans stop being a thing, you never again see the Earth Federation or Londo Bell flying absolutely anything but what is very clearly a Gundam derivative-- you know, the thing that would actually strike fear into the hearts into the hearts of anyone who would oppose the Earth and consider trying to fight for freedom or self-determination.
    [RP]Mobile Suit Gundam: War-Torn Horizons - Nobuyori Takeda, pilot of Elmeda (Tokugawa Knight Custom)

  11. #1601
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Amherst, New York
    Posts
    218

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Oh Ouch!!! Well, I remember one Zaku that took out a Gundam and that was Bernie's Zaku - FZ. Mind you he personally blew up the Gundam was sort of toasty and trashed or NOT usable for its intended purpose and pilot as well!!!
    Last edited by DarKev3; February 24, 2018 at 5:34 PM.

  12. #1602
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    7,009

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by jaster-jesek View Post
    Yeah-- that doesn't make the least bit of sense.

    The Zeonic technology was blatantly crap. Despite having the lead for YEARS on making mobile suits, having developed them from simple workers to something that could actually defeat Warships-- the very first time that Anaheim so much as took a stab at making a mobile suit of any sort, it was so impossibly invincible that some whiney 15-year old geek could just climb into the thing on a total whim and just completely demolish the single most skilled pilot in all the Zeonic forces in his own personalized top-of-the-line, best-ever Zaku AND his entire squad.... over and over and over again without so much as sustaining a meaningful scratch.
    That's not entirely true. Amuro did have trouble (initially) with both the Gouf and the Dom It was only after some combat experience against those suits that he did succeed.

    By the time they mass-produced the thing, absolute rookies who had absolutely never so much as climbed into a mobile suit even once could get into those things and disposed of the remaining experienced pilots that Zeon had left in their absolute pinnacle of mobile suit production within 2 months.
    Fair enough. The GM, when compared to the Zaku, is quite powerful.

    And apparently there wasn't just one Gundam-- no, there were like 10-20 of the damn things active during the 1-year war and its direct aftermath. And not once, not even a single, solitary time did any Zeon pilot, most DEFINITELY not in any Zaku, gain even one victory over a Gundam. Not a single one was ever actually destroyed. There wasn't even something that could even be described as a "technical victory" in that maybe they lost, but at least they left a lasting impression. No, nothing. They just got completely one-sided steam-rolled everywhere and anyway a "Gundam" of any sort showed up. And literally everything that was put in the path of a Gundam or stumbled upon it was completely annihilated, every last member of Zeon who so much as laid eyes upon one ended up dead save for a number of traitors that could be counted on one-hand.
    You have to remember that each of those individual Gundams were one-off experimental prototypes just to test certain technologies. The only common element all of them share is that they were built on the same platform frame (this includes the Full Armor series as well).

    And you are telling me that in order to "cause terror" they stopped using what no doubt in the eyes of the Zeonic forces was an invincible symbol of oppression that descended upon them like the hand of the devil himself and stole any dream of freedom from them and reaped all the souls that were brave enough to stand up and fight. And... instead they decided to use the most outdated, obsolete thing that had ever been seriously put upon the battlefield.
    To the average Spacenoid (most of whom did not align with Zeon), the iconic mono-eye of Zeon suits was absolutely terrifying. Remember, the EFSF high command that took over after most of the moderate leaders (like Revil and Wakkein) were killed in the final stages of the war were radicals who thought that ALL Spacenoids were a threat to the Earth. Yes, they were overreacting because these radicals (like Bask Ohm, Jamitov Hymen, and Jamaican Daninghan) truly witnessed the true horror of what Zeon was capable of, with Bask in particular being a POW of Zeon. Thus the answer they came up with to instill order into ALL Spacenoids was to utilize the same terror they faced during the One Year War.

    That's not like the Americans and Russians incorporating German engineering into their battle machines. That is like after the Cold War launched, both the Americans and Russians decided to entirely throw out their entire jet production lines and instead have their elite forces flying propeller planes. You know, "upgraded" propeller planes, but most definitely propeller planes designed to look as similar as possible as those from the start of World War II. Oh, and they also painted them in Nazi colors.

    That's the other sticky point right there. If, in the very least, the "EFSF" alternate color Hi-Zack was the standard Titans color Hi-Zack instead, at least then they wouldn't be flying the colors of the very force they were designed to hunt down and eliminate.

    To be even remotely similar to the idea of incorporating German engineering into rockets, one would have to then claim that the mono-eye sight design was superior to the GM full optical vision and that having a bunch of exposed cables on the outside of the suit was superior to having armor plates over them. But those are both clearly signs of lower, cruder technology being used.... lower, cruder technology being given to those who apparently have the legal income of the entire Earth government backing them than the fringe rebel group with no financial support to speak of no less.
    There are some advantages to the Mono-eye system and the exposed power cables that were used the on Zeonic suits. For one thing, both are cheaper to mass produce. If the aim of the game is to manufacture as many suits for as cheaply as possible, then having one camera-eye and exposed power cables makes sense. If you can find a way to cut costs on any sort of expensive project, you will want to take the cheaper option regardless of whether or not it is effective. Secondly, the mono-eye system has greater sensory capabilities in the mid to long ranges, while the dual eye and visor systems are better optimized for the close to mid ranges. Thirdly, the exposed power cables for the plasma fluid pulse system do allow for uninterrupted power flow to the actuators without having to navigate around said motors; this also allows for larger and more powerful actuators to be installed, thus increasing mobility (not thrust, but leg mobility which is crucial in mobile suit maneuverability). A good case study is the Zaku I, where it had its power cables inside the armor. However, this made it slower and less mobile than the preceding Proto-Zaku and the succeeding Zaku II.

    And the very moment the Titans stop being a thing, you never again see the Earth Federation or Londo Bell flying absolutely anything but what is very clearly a Gundam derivative-- you know, the thing that would actually strike fear into the hearts into the hearts of anyone who would oppose the Earth and consider trying to fight for freedom or self-determination.
    On the inverse of what I said earlier, to the average Spacenoid the Gundam-type and GM-type suits (along with their successors) are considered the envoys of salvation against the oppression of Zeon. It is why the AEUG adopted the GM II and Nemo as their main suits of choice, and why Londo Bell adopted the Jegan. I never got the impression that the Rick Dias was supposed to be a permanent suit on the AEUG's roster. Sure, it had a lighter armor alloy and a 360 degree monitor, but it still retained legacy systems within it like older actuators.
    Last edited by Zeta; February 24, 2018 at 9:59 PM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  13. #1603
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    209

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Geez, that was some read!

    Zeta you sir are a saint. Great write up.

    But again, I feel like this is just another one of those uncompromising situations toward the Federation. The Federation is labeled the "good" guys there for they will always be superior.

    I mean for crying out loud people still call the Zeon forces space Nazi's. When they were just spacenoids fighting for there own independence only to be controlled by the worst of individuals who always had their own agenda. And the few who were fighting for the spacenoids independence were usually killed off by Char...

  14. #1604
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    281

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    To the average Spacenoid (most of whom did not align with Zeon), the iconic mono-eye of Zeon suits was absolutely terrifying. Remember, the EFSF high command that took over after most of the moderate leaders (like Revil and Wakkein) were killed in the final stages of the war were radicals who thought that ALL Spacenoids were a threat to the Earth. Yes, they were overreacting because these radicals (like Bask Ohm, Jamitov Hymen, and Jamaican Daninghan) truly witnessed the true horror of what Zeon was capable of, with Bask in particular being a POW of Zeon. Thus the answer they came up with to instill order into ALL Spacenoids was to utilize the same terror they faced during the One Year War.
    But the general aim of the Titans was to shut down Zeonic remnant and anyone who might lionize Zeon and follow in their steps. As you note-- they aren't really drawing a distinction between Zeon and others who live in space. Thus, they should have latched onto the mobile suit and symbol of absolute, perfect, flawless victory over the Spacenoids every single time without blemish or fail. If they wanted to put out the signal that they were invincible and any resistance or challenge to them was futile-- they would naturally have chosen their frontline suits as the suit that won the war for the Earth.

    And certainly not the most pathetic, broken, inept failure of a weapon of the entire war. Flying Zakus of any type is basically sending out the signal "we are pathetic weaklings, all challenge to us is welcome and almost certain to be successful".

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    There are some advantages to the Mono-eye system and the exposed power cables that were used the on Zeonic suits. For one thing, both are cheaper to mass produce. If the aim of the game is to manufacture as many suits for as cheaply as possible, then having one camera-eye and exposed power cables makes sense. If you can find a way to cut costs on any sort of expensive project, you will want to take the cheaper option regardless of whether or not it is effective. Secondly, the mono-eye system has greater sensory capabilities in the mid to long ranges, while the dual eye and visor systems are better optimized for the close to mid ranges. Thirdly, the exposed power cables for the plasma fluid pulse system do allow for uninterrupted power flow to the actuators without having to navigate around said motors; this also allows for larger and more powerful actuators to be installed, thus increasing mobility (not thrust, but leg mobility which is crucial in mobile suit maneuverability). A good case study is the Zaku I, where it had its power cables inside the armor. However, this made it slower and less mobile than the preceding Proto-Zaku and the succeeding Zaku II.
    All of this says cheap, patched together showing grit and determination-- i.e. not the mantra of the elite special forces of the victor of a war who is now holding all the cards. The mainline Titan suits absolutely should not have taken after the failed symbol of Spacenoid rebellion and never should the excuse "it is cheaper" be used to justify what the people who have all of the resources and power behind them should be using.

    If anything, this is all indicative that the Hi-Zack probably should have been AEUG's main suit instead. Afterall, they were the ones with no resources. They are the ones who should have been using cheap, cobbled together suits using ingenuity and short-cuts to get the performance they could out of them regardless of the risks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    On the inverse of what I said earlier, to the average Spacenoid the Gundam-type and GM-type suits (along with their successors) are considered the envoys of salvation against the oppression of Zeon. It is why the AEUG adopted the GM II and Nemo as their main suits of choice, and why Londo Bell adopted the Jegan. I never got the impression that the Rick Dias was supposed to be a permanent suit on the AEUG's roster. Sure, it had a lighter armor alloy and a 360 degree monitor, but it still retained legacy systems within it like older actuators.
    And this just goes further to highlight what I said....

    It is insane that the elite special forces are using crappy, cobbled-together crap technology suits and the rebels with no resources or backing have the top-of-the-line streamlined, safe, superior technology that makes victory easy and effortless.

    And it really doesn't matter what the general Spacenoid concept would be... However bad Zeon might have been, I think the whole idea in Zeta was that the tyranny of the vengeance driven Federation was so very much worse. And those in the Federation are mistreating them all because it considers them all Zeon or potential Zeon agents.


    Ultimately, the Titans should have been using Gundams or GMs, perhaps primarily black or blue ones to make them starkly contrast with the white hero of the original series, and the AEUG should have been using the new Zeonic suits, showing they were using the scraps of the war to fight back against the tyranny of the Earth.

    Instead, the suit models were assigned based simply off of who was the "good guy" and "bad guy" regardless of the fact that it made no sense within the story.
    [RP]Mobile Suit Gundam: War-Torn Horizons - Nobuyori Takeda, pilot of Elmeda (Tokugawa Knight Custom)

  15. #1605
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In yer base killin yer GMs
    Posts
    9,018

    Re: Whats your favorite version of MEEE!!! (Also Zaku general thread)

    You said it your self. its just a look the writers want the "bad guys" to always have. i would have loved to see it mixed up in Zeta and the AEUG get all the Zeon-ish designs and the feddies stay feddies. but i agree the Titans should have stayed looking like feddies. but the writers wanted it to be clear for kiddos who are the "bad guys"

    Also Zeon tech was always crazy experimental stuff and Gundams win every time because they are trying to sell toys. All joking aside what MS it better is just aesthetics. the stats of everything is complete bull, the show the manga and the wiki all say different things at different times. even the purpose of the pipes on the Zakus keeps changing. they were coolant, then they were wire bundles, then they were hydraulic fluid. weather or not MS have electric motors for joints or hydraulics keeps changing (electric motors makes more sense in some cases and the opposite in others. just my 2cents)


    And certainly not the most pathetic, broken, inept failure of a weapon of the entire war. Flying Zakus of any type is basically sending out the signal "we are pathetic weaklings, all challenge to us is welcome and almost certain to be successful".
    This is utter trash the Zakus and most Zeon MS did quite well in the war. only gundams did exceptionally well because they want to sell merch. the fault was the pilots being either to rash or inexperienced as stated in Unicorn and 0083. and most of all absolutely horrible leadership betraying them and treating them like tools not people. using Zeon MS was supposed to be scary because of what the Zeon were willing to do to attain victory.

    absolute, perfect, flawless victory over the Spacenoids every single time without blemish or fail
    hahahahahahha what?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    There are some advantages to the Mono-eye system and the exposed power cables that were used the on Zeonic suits. For one thing, both are cheaper to mass produce. If the aim of the game is to manufacture as many suits for as cheaply as possible, then having one camera-eye and exposed power cables makes sense. If you can find a way to cut costs on any sort of expensive project, you will want to take the cheaper option regardless of whether or not it is effective. Secondly, the mono-eye system has greater sensory capabilities in the mid to long ranges, while the dual eye and visor systems are better optimized for the close to mid ranges. Thirdly, the exposed power cables for the plasma fluid pulse system do allow for uninterrupted power flow to the actuators without having to navigate around said motors; this also allows for larger and more powerful actuators to be installed, thus increasing mobility (not thrust, but leg mobility which is crucial in mobile suit maneuverability). A good case study is the Zaku I, where it had its power cables inside the armor. However, this made it slower and less mobile than the preceding Proto-Zaku and the succeeding Zaku II.
    Where did you see this? ive never seen an explanation of why the Zaku I had no external-piping. ive seen the description change over and over as to what the piping is from many different sources but not why the I didnt have em. and plasma fluid pulse system is a new one for the record book lol. and is the stuff about mono-eyes just your opinion? cause ive always said a camera on a track is just a better system than turning a MSes entire head to track a target but it was just my opinion. not that any "official writing really means jack seeing as how thats also just opinion based off what that individual thinks would happen. ive been out of the gundam game for a while now.

    Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s


 

Similar Threads

  1. Alex BobSpoons WIP Thread and General Gundam Journey
    By AlexBobspoons in forum Works-In-Progress
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: July 9, 2014, 7:39 PM
  2. Whats Good
    By swark34 in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 24, 2012, 4:37 AM
  3. Whats up with GSAM?
    By Executionervt009 in forum General Model Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: July 25, 2012, 10:43 AM
  4. HGUC/General 1/144 Zaku weapons
    By ItsVince725 in forum Parts Utopia
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 7, 2011, 5:13 PM
  5. Super Zaku appreciation thread.
    By ZeonPeon in forum The Gundam Universe
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 6, 2010, 7:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •