Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Re: Gundam is back in the USA!!!

I will be right behind you Dlinker! I will be right behind you! LOL

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    I'll gladly buy a copy of X whenever it comes out domestically. I'm still baffled by how Bandai shows little love towards it compared to the others and I hope now its fortunes will be taking a more positive turn, which might then lead to more model kits.
    Id also buy it. Ive never seen it before but i keep hearing good things about it.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Same here. It's among the last three series I have yet to watch (X, Victory, and G Gundam). But I do have the Airmaster kit to build at some point, but it just looks damned cool!

I know the original MSG is slated for sometime in the spring...was a release window given for Turn A? And any word on whether they'll be complete boxsets, or split into parts?
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

Administrator

This is certainly wonderful news. My hope is that it'll push the prices of the DVD sets down a bit.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

And here I was thinking about making a topic about the rise and quick death of Gundam in the US. There couldn't be any better news for me. (since Fist of the north Star already,finally got a full US DVD release) I plan on buying the ever loving hell out of G and Zeta. I feel that as comfortable as it May be, we should focus our wallets on series that weren't released here. I don't think Bandai would even show a inch of interest in the US market if only Wing and G get the majority of sales regardless of how high they May be. I might as well buy X too. I've yet to see it anyway.

Glad to see other people here are of the same stance, haha. I'll admit, I watched some of X online from an ad-filled streaming site, but it was kind of a hassle to watch it that way, not to mention the shoddy video quality, so I straight up stopped watching it. Whenever it gets released for real here, me thinks I'll enjoy it way more minus any hassle. Money well-spent, in my opinion.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

MSG AND Turn A were given Spring release dates. Now according to Right Stuf a dub is being considered for Turn A, so if they decide to make one for it that may or may not cause a delay. ZZ was also announced as definitely coming, but unlike MSG and Turn A it wasn't given a firm release date (given the Daisuki subs, I'm going to assume sometime in 2015 for now, unless they decide to dub it).

Also I would recommend supporting all Gundam releases if you can afford it. Obviously you want to give priority to the previously unreleased shows though. I just realized that 2016 will be X's 20th anniversary; it seems like a logical time for it to be finally released in the US. Wouldn't it be great if, on its 20th anniversary, Gundam X was able to promptly put Wing's US sales to shame? That would be an awesome 20th anniversary present for the series. Imagine the looks on the Bandai suits' faces. Now make plans to buy copies for yourselves, your anime loving friends, and your local libraries, so we can make this into reality.
    Sieg Zeon!

I'll get reissues of series I already own if they're remastered. I'm all for supporting the franchise, but I'm not buying the exact same thing twice.

I still find the concept of "FU, Bandai! Take my money" hilarious.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

Yeah I wasn't suggesting buying RS's releases if you already own the BEI originals and the RS releases end up being simple reprints. I was trying to tell the people who don't already own those series to pick up RS's releases. Even if you can find an old used Bandai copy cheaper, it's better for the franchise's continuing health in the US to buy a new copy from RS. As a gamer, I've seen the used market destroy the chances of lesser known games ever getting a sequel, because the developer doesn't get a dime from used sales. For something popular like COD, they're going to make their investment back and more, regardless of used sales, but for a smaller release like Madworld it can determine whether a sequel gets made or not. Same thing with US anime sales. Funimation isn't going to really feel the difference between 100% copies of DBZ being new sales and only 80% being new sales, but for something smaller (like pretty much any RS release) it could be the difference between the next series in that franchise getting a dub or not, assuming the next entry gets a release at all. But putting those practical concerns aside, there's also the whole idea of paying the people who provide you with the entertainment you enjoy.

The FU comes from supporting X, when Bandai has done its damnedest to ignore it at best and have treated it like absolute crap at worst. If X does extremely well in the US compared to other entries, it will force Bandai to treat it right in the future, that's the FU part of the equation. Yes Bandai would still get money out of X being successful, but Bandai would also look foolish for not listening to its partners about X 13 years ago.
    Sieg Zeon!

I really hope Turn A isn't the only one to get a dub (if it does) To be honest, I want ZZ to get a dub the most, if only to get the big Three UC series all dubbed finally.

I'd imagine that if Turn does get a dub, its sales will determine if the next older Gundam title (presumably ZZ) gets a dub.
    Sieg Zeon!

Yeah. Hopefully it does well, odds are I'll buy Turn A. I don't like it as much as allot of people seem to but well hell might as well.

X and ZZ are the ones I'm most interested in out of the old series.

Of course with ZZ that means I get to re-watch it, and relive the chuckles. And then the Gut wrenching Sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Of course with ZZ that means I get to re-watch it, and relive the chuckles. And then the Gut wrenching Sadness.
    I know. Poor Mistress Haman...
    Sieg Zeon!

I was thinking of the Ples mainly.

But yeah Haman too. I mean I like Haman, but...I dunno with allot o characters I like, I know they're gonna die ahead of time...of course there are cases where I know that, still get effected by it (Marida, I figured hey there's novel differences maybe she'll live!...lol nope) but allot of the time, I know it's coming, figured Haman would die.

I knew that she would too. I was still sad though, because she was such an awesome villain. Even at ZZ's worst, she could be counted on to hold the line and remain as awesome as ever. Still I have to admire the attitude of "F*** it. I'd rather kill myself than live under Feddie rule."
    Sieg Zeon!