Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Re: Gundam is back in the USA!!!

I'm also wondering if reissues of previously released shows will get an upgrade as they did in Japan. Wing, for example, had a very nice Japanese DVD remaster in 2002(?), IIRC, and with the recent BRD release, they could easily use that to press new discs for a domestic release. If that's the case, I'd definitely replace my Wing sets; the picture in those did look a bit dirty. (Actual dirt/damage, not film grain.)
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

I would love if Zeta got an redub. Probably not gonna happen but I would love it if it did.

You guys think we might get Seed/destiny remaster Dubs? Even if it's just a little bit just to fit the new footage from the original ocean group voice actors?
    Biggest 00 fanboy you'll ever meet.

I was just thinking that! lol.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

I would think that it would be doable. Really, it wouldn't be much more than what they added for the TV movies.

As for the Zeta redub, I wouldn't count on it. Some people may hate on it, but it's really not that bad, and it would be a very expensive thing to completely redo just to satisfy a vocal minority of people. That said, if they could restore the OP/EDs, I'd rebuy Zeta in a heartbeat. It can't be that expensive; they managed to include Zeta's first OP for the first episode of Daisuki's stream of ZZ.

I think X, G, Victory, 0080, and 0083 are the only Gundam series still awaiting a blu-ray release in Japan. Well G-Saviour still doesn't have a blu-ray either, but as far as Bandai is concerned it never existed in the first place.
    Last edited by Zeta-G; October 12, 2014 at 2:29 AM.
    Sieg Zeon!

I would kill for dubs of the compilation movies for MSG and Zeta on blu-ray.
    Biggest 00 fanboy you'll ever meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman293 View Post
    I would kill for dubs of the compilation movies for MSG and Zeta on blu-ray.
    There we go. Imagine if the dubs were done by NYAV Post (Unicorn, The Origin).

- - - Updated - - -

Some updates from Right Stuf's social media sites:
    -Bandai Entertainment dubs will be included when available.
    --No word on the dub status for Cosmic Era's HD remasters yet (although they have been asked).
    -There are ongoing discussions for including BEI's Syd Mead interview.
    -Turn A may get a dub, but it hasn't been decided yet.
    -Blu-Rays releases are being considered, but nothing has been determined yet with regards to available formats.
    -Episode 15 (the lost episode) may be included on their MSG release, but it hasn't been determined for sure yet.
    Last edited by Zeta-G; October 12, 2014 at 2:56 AM.
    Sieg Zeon!

I hope they can get Kopsa and Brad Swaile to be Char and Amuro at least. (Assumeing Origin goes that far, I think Origin in OVA form is only gonna be the back story parts of the manga)

Just wouldn't be the same to me without those two.

Eh, I was fine with the dudes they used for Char and Amuro in Zeta's dub. The VHS movie trilogy dub on the other hand... oh dear lord was that painful. Oh crap, I just remembered that Right Stuf said that they'll use BEI dubs when available; this will not be a good thing in the case of the MSG trilogy.
    Sieg Zeon!

Oh lord no.

Thank god I still have my old MSG DVDs laying arround anyways. Allways thought the movies were. 'Meh' compaired to the series.

- - - Updated - - -

That lord no being about the movie dubs.

Perhaps they'll re-dub the MSG Trilogy.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Yes, the movies dub is Terrible.

I'm not worried about it. As long as the trilogy still has a Japanese option I'm good. That said, a new dub for it and the Zeta trilogy would be fantastic. That said, I want dubs for the various TV series more than anything. Afterall, Toonami can't air Gundam X, if it doesn't have a dub.
    Sieg Zeon!

Personally not a fan of the compliation movies.

X getting a dub would be nice, also if it was successful, it'd be a funny FU to bandai for holding it back. IMO it'd have been a better follow up to Wing and G on Toonami than SEED, I dunno I just think Garrod and the others would resonate better with Western Audiences than the Cast of SEED.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    I'm not worried about it. As long as the trilogy still has a Japanese option I'm good. That said, a new dub for it and the Zeta trilogy would be fantastic. That said, I want dubs for the various TV series more than anything. Afterall, Toonami can't air Gundam X, if it doesn't have a dub.
    I hate to break it to you, but the new Toonami can't air Gundam X today, even if they acquire a broadcast liecense. The reason being is that Gundam X is simply too old by today's standards (animation-wise at least). Really, if you look at their line-up, which includes GitS: SAC, FMA: Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, Hellsing Ultimate, etc., all of these titles were made in the past 10 years. Although, Cowboy Bebop is airing, so there could always be that slim chance.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church